Review of Summit Canada/NE 14 Night Cruise Sept Oct 2017

TeeRick

We recently sailed Summit from Port Liberty, NJ to Quebec and back Sept 24 to Oct 8. Overall we loved the cruise and the service on the ship was excellent with really friendly staff. If you want to read my detailed review here on cruise critic see the link below. Also pleased to answer any questions.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=594994

We were on the same cruise, and are still on the Summit as we did the next Canada - New England itinerary and will leave the ship in San Juan. We also had the same butler but a different stateroom attendant.

I agree with TeeRick's review. Both my husband and I are thoroughly enjoying the Summit.

And for those fans of Captain Kate (and who isn't a fan of this lovely woman), she took command midway during the October 8th cruise.

6132 looks like an excellent cabin -- but does the forward angled balcony become too windy to use while cruising?

Jazz,

We have spent our last two cruises on Summit 6132 and Constellation 6131 sky suites. Mirror images of each other. The balcony is large and sticks out so it offers a great view of the ship both fore and aft. We did notice that at times it was breezy particularly in the cooler weather on the Canada/NE itinerary. On Connie we were out of Venice in June and it was pretty hot so the balcony breeze was great. For the most part it was not too windy - we enjoyed these balconies quite a bit. Great to order room service breakfast and eat on the expanded balcony. The balcony has a partial overhang so you can position yourself out of the sun if you prefer. What we enjoyed about these cabins was very convenient access to the aft elevators and stairs. Short trip to Luminae! The elevator actually brings you directly inside the Oceanview Cafe on deck 10.

We were on the same cruise, and are still on the Summit as we did the next Canada - New England itinerary and will leave the ship in San Juan. We also had the same butler but a different stateroom attendant.

I agree with TeeRick's review. Both my husband and I are thoroughly enjoying the Summit.

And for those fans of Captain Kate (and who isn't a fan of this lovely woman), she took command midway during the October 8th cruise.

We met you in Michael's Club! Hard to forget meeting a couple from Alaska cruising back-to-back-to back!

Jazz,

We have spent our last two cruises on Summit 6132 and Constellation 6131 sky suites. Mirror images of each other. The balcony is large and sticks out so it offers a great view of the ship both fore and aft. We did notice that at times it was breezy particularly in the cooler weather on the Canada/NE itinerary. On Connie we were out of Venice in June and it was pretty hot so the balcony breeze was great. For the most part it was not too windy - we enjoyed these balconies quite a bit. Great to order room service breakfast and eat on the expanded balcony. The balcony has a partial overhang so you can position yourself out of the sun if you prefer. What we enjoyed about these cabins was very convenient access to the aft elevators and stairs. Short trip to Luminae! The elevator actually brings you directly inside the Oceanview Cafe on deck 10.

Thanks. We were booked in that cabin last year on Connie for the Greek Isles -- until softness in the market allowed us to upgrade to CS 6104 [also forward-facing and perfect for the sail-in to Venice!] That's another cabin I can wholeheartedly recommend -- especially after the promised refitting of all the furnishings.

thankyou for your review We are due to board the summit Dec 2nd in San Juan I was wondering if you had the opportunity to try any of the IPA beer on the ship and what kind they had

Thankyou

They had the best selection of craft beer on the ship in Cellar Masters. Not as extensive as you would like or not as good as the S-Class Cellar Masters. I can't remember what was offered- sorry.

Thanks. We were booked in that cabin last year on Connie for the Greek Isles -- until softness in the market allowed us to upgrade to CS 6104 [also forward-facing and perfect for the sail-in to Venice!] That's another cabin I can wholeheartedly recommend -- especially after the promised refitting of all the furnishings.

I wonder when Connie will get the cabin upgrades and new furniture since she just came out of dry dock in May. Maybe Summit will be first in line?? My biggest complaint in Summit 6102 or Connie 6101 sky suites was the very uncomfortable armchair designed to fit very small guests only (I'm pretty big!).