Vista Class or larger balcony rooms: Coffee table?

POA1

Anyone remember about the Eurodam/Nieuw Amsterdam or the Vista Class: Zuiderdam, Noordam and friends?

I had a decent size rectangular table in an inside cabin on all of those ships. I would hope the higher priced cabins would have what a lowly inside would have.

We had a balcony cabin on NA, a VE I think it was, not sure if that was a class you are asking about? We had the usual oval coffee table in the room, adjustable height. On the balcony we had a tiny, round drinks table, maybe 10" in diameter. m--

I have sailed on the K'dam twice, both times in a Verandah (VA). The "coffee table" is a cube that barely is large enough for one place setting. If you put a room service tray on it you better keep the weight in the middle or it all will go airborne! When we sailed on the O'dam last year after the drydock/upgrades, the oval, adjustable height table was still in our VA room.

We purchased an aluminum roll-up table off of Amazon that will make a great room service dining table. Very light and can be rolled up and put under the bed or out on the verandah when not needed.

I was asking because there's no table im the NCL balcony cabins.

I see some things haven't changed. ;) We sailed NCL a lot in years gone by - balcony cabins and I recall putting stuff on the side area or the bed.

There is a table on the balcony though, right? We had one back then.

The balcony is pretty narrow. Narrower than the short balconies on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. You have two chairs and a very small side table.

The cabins are definitely narrower. I'd guess by a foot or foot and a half. DBIL and DSIL are in the Haven. My father-in-law travels solo, so he has to pay double. We did not want him to be off on his own for the whole trip, so we're next door. Ironically, we're not at a fire break, so he has a different lifeboat.

The Haven is a nice product, but you are looking at Silversea or Seabourn money, which would be more our speed.

Anyway...

Back to my regularly scheduled thread.

I do not think that is the only difference between HAL and NCL.
Room steward carts during service, pretty much all day. Next time you see your HAL room steward, cleaning up with that little caddy, give 'em a hug.

We stayed in a regular balcony cabin on NCL and there was no space to have a small coffee table. There were many little differences like that - really added up! We've never been in a HAL cabin that did not have at least a small table.