Informative review of Koningsdam

JennysUncle

An experienced cruiser, but new to HAL, has made several blog postings with a thorough review of the ship and his cabin, including lots of excellent pictures. They date from late 2016, but I do not recall seeing links to this blog earlier in CC. His comments, not biased by expectations of HAL tradition, are interesting.

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/28/holland-america-line-ms-koningsdam-ship-tour/

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/29/ms-koningsdam-holland-america-line-balcony-cabin-review/

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/29/ms-koningsdam-holland-america-line-greenhouse-spa-salon-photo-tour/

Well Done! Having sailed on the K'dam twice now, I can say this is the best review I have seen anywhere. Pics are excellent and really gives someone who is not familiar with the K a good idea of what the ship looks like. Thank you for your efforts sharing.

Just to clarify - if I get any credit, it is just for posting the links. It was the author of the "Hideous Journeys" blog who wrote the excellent review. By the way - he has interesting reviews of some other ships too.

Well Done! Having sailed on the K'dam twice now, I can say this is the best review I have seen anywhere. Pics are excellent and really gives someone who is not familiar with the K a good idea of what the ship looks like. Thank you for your efforts sharing.

I definitely agree - an outstanding review with excellent pictures.

Excellent. Thank you for sharing "Hideous Journeys" Blog. He did an excellent job and pictures are premium. Hats off to Jenny's Uncle for sharing. I sail on Koningsdam for first time this Wednesday. This was so helpful.

'

Lady Arwen, did the public areas seem crowded on the "K"? Will we notice much difference from the Vista ships? There is a Southern Carb. cruise next January that looks interesting, trying to convince ourselves to try the "K" Thank you for your thoughts.

Lady Arwen, did the public areas seem crowded on the "K"? Will we notice much difference from the Vista ships?
I'm wondering the exact same thing. Looking at the Nieuw Statendam for Europe in 2019.

And yes, wonderful blog!

Edited by stickey_mouse