Anything Steakhouse question

DES07

This will be our first time going to the Steakhouse on a cruise. We will be on the Valor in two weeks. And I am wondering which steak should I order? I like my steaks well done... (I know people think they aren't as good but I like mine with no pink). We are very excited to try the Steakhouse. Also, I heard about the table art dessert but I don't see it on the menu can info on it?

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Edited by DES07
Wrong wording

We ate at Scarlett's last week on the Valor. They still have the old menu, and it was fabulous!!! My husband had the bone in and I had the surf and turf. Both were great, but his had a little more flavor. The lobster bisque was EXCELLENT! The crab cake was wonderful. The cheesecake won the dessert course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ate at Scarlett's last week on the Valor. They still have the old menu, and it was fabulous!!! My husband had the bone in and I had the surf and turf. Both were great, but his had a little more flavor. The lobster bisque was EXCELLENT! The crab cake was wonderful. The cheesecake won the dessert course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was hoping it had the new menu😥 really wanted to try table art dessert.

As a restaurant owner, the one steak you should not order well is the (Flat Iron) Wagyu. It only gets chewier the more it's cooked. The Rib Rye might tolerate over cooking much better. I would love to blind taste you a MR New York to a well New York, the difference would blow your mind.

I agree the Lobster Bisque and French Onion are to die for. My wife and I always share them. She does not eat meat and swears by the Sea Bass, best she ever ate.

As a restaurant owner, the one steak you should not order well is the (Flat Iron) Wagyu. It only gets chewier the more it's cooked. The Rib Rye might tolerate over cooking much better. I would love to blind taste you a MR New York to a well New York, the difference would blow your mind.

I agree the Lobster Bisque and French Onion are to die for. My wife and I always share them. She does not eat meat and swears by the Sea Bass, best she ever ate.

I'll volunteer to take your blind taste test, and I'll be happy to be tested as many times as you want. :D

Oakman, you probably do not put ketchup on your steak either. I've seen people do it, mostly on well done steaks, yuk.

A good well done steak doesn't need any sauces. I don't like it dried out. I just don't like pink meat. I have had many well done steaks that are very juicy you just have to know how to cook it.

You don't want a filet mignon done well....it's like eating sawdust...no fat in it at all to keep it at all juicy. Go for a sirloin or something like that, if you must have it totally brown inside.

Light pink is totally "done"...but still has clear juices. It's perfectly fine. I won't eat hamburger if it's pink, but a steak is a different thing altogether....

You don't want a filet mignon done well....it's like eating sawdust...no fat in it at all to keep it at all juicy. Go for a sirloin or something like that, if you must have it totally brown inside.

Light pink is totally "done"...but still has clear juices. It's perfectly fine. I won't eat hamburger if it's pink, but a steak is a different thing altogether....

A good hamburger is ground steak. We only serve ground chuck or ground sirloin, completely acceptable to serve MR. Now frozen ground beef is another story. This is why some chains require their steaks to be MW or worse. They do not trust the meat they are serving.

Omg steakhouse on the valor. We went Thanksgiving day. Check out my review, I posted pictures.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2572594

My cousin had the cowboy steak, we all had other things like lamb chops, lobster tail, lobster ravioli . We could barely finish , stuffed to the gills. We had several desserts at the table, the chocolate sampler was delicious, my sister had fresh berries. I had the crab cake for appetizer and they brought an amuse bouche- a very tiny bite sized burger, I believe it was lamb, since we went the first night, we had choice of free wine or half off, we took free and I was the only wine drinker so I asked them to save the second bottle for me to take and they did. We had two different reservations so they treated as two. But we sat at the same table. Best 35.00 ever! I will try to do the steakhouse at least once every cruise going forward. I will try to book it earlier in the day though, as soon as they open because it was late, on the first day and we were tired.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Omg steakhouse on the valor. We went Thanksgiving day. Check out my review, I posted pictures.

My cousin had the cowboy steak, we all had other things like lamb chops, lobster tail, lobster ravioli . We could barely finish , stuffed to the gills. We had several desserts at the table, the chocolate sampler was delicious, my sister had fresh berries. I had the crab cake for appetizer and they brought an amuse bouche- a very tiny bite sized burger, I believe it was lamb, since we went the first night, we had choice of free wine or half off, we took free and I was the only wine drinker so I asked them to save the second bottle for me to take and they did. We had two different reservations so they treated as two. But we sat at the same table. Best 35.00 ever! I will try to do the steakhouse at least once every cruise going forward. I will try to book it earlier in the day though, as soon as they open because it was late, on the first day and we were tired.

Thank you for posting this. We are going the first night and our reservation are at 7. I am thinking now we should of booked it earlier

Thank you for that link! I'm not going on the Valor, but I love reading reviews and had previously missed yours!

Thank you for posting this. We are going the first night and our reservation are at 7. I am thinking now we should of booked it earlier

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile

I booked it when I did because I didn’t know if everyone would have proper clothing in time. Nothing to worry about, we had our luggage before muster. Although we got on the ship pretty early, we ate a pretty hefty lunch. Normally we would relax for a couple of hours before muster but it was my cousins first cruise so we were up and about the whole afternoon. Only making it back to the room to change for dinner. I still wouldn’t trade it, I wanted the discounted wine and didn’t want to do elegant night but I have booked already for my October cruise on the freedom and I think it the third night.

Question.....we have Cheers so I was hoping we could just take our free bottle to our room. Can we?

This will be our first time going to the Steakhouse on a cruise. We will be on the Valor in two weeks. And I am wondering which steak should I order? I like my steaks well done... (I know people think they aren't as good but I like mine with no pink). We are very excited to try the Steakhouse. Also, I heard about the table art dessert but I don't see it on the menu can info on it?

The Chef is gonna cry...FYI When someone orders a well done steak, the chef pulls the worse cut.

Question.....we have Cheers so I was hoping we could just take our free bottle to our room. Can we?

If I could have, I would have asked they not open either bottle. And give me both to take back. I don’t drink with my meals so a glass right then was wasted on me, I did take it to go and they gave me a different glass as the ones in the steakhouse are super fancy. None of my party drinks wine so they got poured a glass to waste as well. They might have taken one sip. I think if you ask them before they open it, they will.

Look for a steak with the most marbling or fat to be able to handle well done cooking.. A lean cut like filet mignon doesn't take well to cooking it well done. I prefer mine MR, but the OP has a different preference, so just trying to offer a non judgmental answer.