First time Celebrity cruiser on Equinox, after 9 cruises on Royal so a few questions!

monctonguy

As stated I am trying Celebrity after 9 cruises on Royal. Got a great deal on a 3day cruise to Bahamas out of Miami. So a few questions as my whole cruise experience is only with Royal.

Smoking-just outside, but I believe there are a couple bars outside that allow smoking at them?

Room service is 24hrs, but is it included or extra charge after midnight?

Do they use a "Seapass" card system like Royal with a separate account for each guest in the room and you use them everywhere on the ship?

Which/where is the late nite food available from and are most restaurants included with the fare?

With the drink package, the middle one that covers up to $11 drinks I believe...will that cover most of the drinks offered on the ship at any bar, or is it better to pay the extra for the top package?

Thanks in advance for your help and answers....looking forward to trying out Celebrity!

As stated I am trying Celebrity after 9 cruises on Royal. Got a great deal on a 3day cruise to Bahamas out of Miami. So a few questions as my whole cruise experience is only with Royal.

Smoking-just outside, but I believe there are a couple bars outside that allow smoking at them?

Yes. Port side on pool deck. Port side on deck 5 both in designated areas. Also sunset bar port side.

Room service is 24hrs, but is it included or extra charge after midnight?

Small charge ($4.50) 11 PM to 6 AM (approx.)

Do they use a "Seapass" card system like Royal with a separate account for each guest in the room and you use them everywhere on the ship?

Yes.

Which/where is the late nite food available from and are most restaurants included with the fare?

Ocean View Café, MDR, Mast Grill, Aqua Spa Café (in solarium) and desserts at Café al Baccio are all free. If you have a suite, Luminae, if you are Aqua class, Blu are all included. Specialty restaurants for fee are Murano, Tuscan Grille, Qsine, Lawn Club, Silk Harvest, The Porch, Coffee and Tea specialty drinks, Sushi on Five. Silk, Murano, Lawn Club, The Porch are not on all ships.

With the drink package, the middle one that covers up to $11 drinks I believe...will that cover most of the drinks offered on the ship at any bar, or is it better to pay the extra for the top package?

If you're referring to the Classic drink package, yes. If you order something above the $9 limit you pay the difference between the allowance +18%. I don't know your tastes, but we have never had a problem with it. It doesn't cover drinks ordered from room service. It also doesn't cover sparkling water or martinis from the Martini bar (where you will pay the difference). If you choose to upgrade to the premium package it will cost $11.80 per person per day and can be done on board or before you board.

Thanks in advance for your help and answers....looking forward to trying out Celebrity!

Have a great time. We really enjoy Celebrity and wish you a great trip.

For fee restaurants on the Equinox are Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest, Sushi on Five and Gastrobar

Oceanview Cafe (buffet), Cafe al Bacio (specialty coffees and free deserts) and room service are the only later in the evening sources for food

Each guest in a cabin has their own account and ship card - the accounts can be linked to either individual credit cards or a single credit card

We are Diamond on Royal but love Celebrity also. Celebrity ships, esp. the newer ones are beautiful and "classy." Loved the Equinox:)

Happy cruising!

Hi, Just wondering. I'm diamond on RC and shoud be Diamond plus shortly. Does Celebrity honor anything onboard for your RC level such as access to a lounge? free drinks in the evening etc?

Thanks

Hi, Just wondering. I'm diamond on RC and shoud be Diamond plus shortly. Does Celebrity honor anything onboard for your RC level such as access to a lounge? free drinks in the evening etc?

Thanks

When highest crown and anchor level acknowledged on Celebrity is diamond which they equate with Elite. You get access to a nightly cocktail party from 5 to 7. If there are too many elites on board they issue drink coupons for use in various bars around the ship that are dated. That is not done on the night of the senior officers party and one other night I can't remember which.

Any confirmation of paying for room service...on the celebrity site it shows its included, but some have stated there is a late charge (like royal used to do before they started charging for any room service outside of breakfast)

if so, what is the cost and is it per person or room or dish or?

Just off the Equinox. There is a $4.95 service charge for room service after 11 pm (not sure of time span -- maybe 5 or 6 am). this is a one-time charge - not per item. At breakfast time, free items include coffee, tea, cereal, bagels, pastries, etc. Also scrambled eggs, bacon. There are some additional items that have an additional cost, such as omelets.

Wondering what the daily "activity information booklets" are called on Celebrity (called Cruise Compass on Royal) and where I could find some that have been posted so I can get an idea what a day on the ship looks like and what I can look forward to try /experiencing and any can't miss activities onboard!

Contact Captains Club prior to sailing to get your reciprocal status from your Royal status. Max is Elite (Diamond). You don’t get Royal points. If you plan on martinis upgrade to the Premium package. Don’t miss the free Corning Glass show on the lawn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Contact Captains Club prior to sailing to get your reciprocal status from your Royal status. Max is Elite (Diamond). You don’t get Royal points. If you plan on martinis upgrade to the Premium package. Don’t miss the free Corning Glass show on the lawn

Thanks for the info...looks like at Platinum with Royal I will be Select with Celebrity so interesting to compare for sure.

Also a first timer after 30 Princess trips. One additional question. Are there hair dryers in the cabins? They are not listed on the amenities list.

Yes. You'll find it in a drawer at the desk/vanity area. Many people have complaints about them, but I don't have any issues - but then I have short, rather fine hair that is dry in about 5 minutes with any dryer😉

While I prefer my ionic dryer, if flying I'll save that space and weight for other things.

Also a first timer after 30 Princess trips. One additional question. Are there hair dryers in the cabins? They are not listed on the amenities list.

Yes, as ed, it will be at the desk in a drawer or cabinet. You have to keep the power button depressed for air flow to continue. Some people have stated that they bring a thick rubber band or duct tape for this purpose. I bring my own since I have long, thick hair and the ship provided one takes forever.

We are Diamond+ on Royal and March 10 will be our first Celebrity cruise on Equinox. We booked yesterday and they gave us Captain Club numbers with Elite status. Very helpful info on this thread. Thanks

They are not very powerful and you must hold the button down manually. (bring some rubber bands)