COMING AT YOU LIVE FROM The Equinox heading into figure tropical cyclone Phillipe

mikeysed

Howdy all,

live on the equinox so ask away. couple cut items from the world class bar. everything else remains the same as my last trip in november last year so far.

heading into soon to be tropical depression Phillior soon as we head to grand Cayman. captain costaa says minor seas.... we will see. he called it a low pressure system as a meteorologist we will have a name shortly. but ask away and stay tuned.

Edited by mikeysed
future tropical cyclone

I wouldn't worry so much about Phillipe. The winds on Marine Traffic don't look too bad. However, Tropical Storm 18 shows at the National Hurricane Center that it is more than 60% likely to become a cyclone in the next 2 days. Wind speed is currently under 34 knots. Looks like it is a fast moving storm headed north easterly and supposed to be over Cuba by tomorrow afternoon headed to the Bahamas. You should miss it unless it changes course.

I wouldn't worry so much about Phillipe. The winds on Marine Traffic don't look too bad. However, Tropical Storm 18 shows at the National Hurricane Center that it is more than 60% likely to become a cyclone in the next 2 days. Wind speed is currently under 34 knots. Looks like it is a fast moving storm headed north easterly and supposed to be over Cuba by tomorrow afternoon headed to the Bahamas. You should miss it unless it changes course.

Greetings

Potential storm Number 18 will become Phillippe if it becomes a tropical storm. They are the same system.

Good Sailing

Tom

Howdy all,

live on the equinox so ask away. couple cut items from the world class bar. everything else remains the same as my last trip in november last year so far.

heading into soon to be tropical depression Phillior soon as we head to grand Cayman. captain costaa says minor seas.... we will see. he called it a low pressure system as a meteorologist we will have a name shortly. but ask away and stay tuned.

A true cruise adventure!! We've been there and it was fine. These ships are well equipped to handle storm and Capt. will do whatever he/she thinks is necessary to keep the ship and its passengers safe....so don't worry, avoid the stairs (or at least hold on tightly) and be careful when moving about. We got caught in hurricane Matthew on the Summit with Capt Kate. Seas were 20-25 feet and we were advised to stay in our cabins, all activities were cancelled, the pool deck was closed as were the outside decks and there were plastic bags hanging everywhere.....but we never missed a meal and slept like logs!! If you can safely take pics, post some.

Whoa ... hopefully, all goes well and smoooooooth sailing for you all. I have some friends on that sailing and we were going to book with them but chose the Nov 6th one instead as they didn't have only guarantee balcony cabins available.

You'll have to keep us posted on your progress. Thanks!!

Hello again everyone. captain is doing a great job...we had sun early am and a few hours of rain but he's going around the bands of phillipe and it's been sunny and smooth since 230pm. pretty surprised we have such nice weather so close to the storm.

James Stephens III is the brought on entertainment tonight, he is a comedian. so far so good, we are supposed to have a sunny 86 degree day tomorrow in GC!

What drinks did they cut at World Class Bar? Any new additions (always can hope :) ?

I too would appreciate the dining room menu each day if you have a chance so I can pick which nights we want to go :cool:

Thanks! Have an awesome cruise!

Whoa ... hopefully, all goes well and smoooooooth sailing for you all. I have some friends on that sailing and we were going to book with them but chose the Nov 6th one instead as they didn't have only guarantee balcony cabins available.

You'll have to keep us posted on your progress. Thanks!!

We too are on the Nov 6 sailing and watching this closely. Hope everyone on the ship is going to be able to enjoy the cruise in spite of the tropical storm.

The seas have been mostly smooth, and very smooth today. The reason we were denied access to GC was due to the swells. The Harbour Master said it was not safe whether we used our own tenders or theirs, so off we went. Captain says today that we will arrive one hour earlier in Aruba tomorrow. It's still a great cruise and Blu is amazing.

Also on board and having a fantastic cruise, despite missing Grand Cayman. Very smooth sailing, despite moderate seas earlier. Seas are very calm now on our way to Aruba.

I have to say that the internet is the best, fastest I have ever had on Celebrity.

Very happy crew, which makes for happy passengers!

Have met many Scotsman on board and love them all!