$60+ per day for alcohol package - am I reading this right?

I saw somewhere the price of one beer was $10 USD or $13.50 CAD which is INSANE. So I looked into the beverage package and is it really possible it would cost almost $700 for a 9 day cruise? Holy crap. :o:o:o My husband likes to have a couple + beers per day, but $700???????????

Is there any way to get the package for cheaper? And that's with the 30% off. :o:o:o

Thank God I don't drink. I want him to enjoy himself but dayum, that was the biggest shock I've had yet.

I'm a fairly heavy drinker when i'm on vacation(sometimes even when i'm not) and after a 7 night cruise, my liver was exhausted. I don't think i'd be able to get my monies worth out of the last few days on a 9 nighter. Its a no brainer for me on the shorter cruises.

Unfortunately my husband likes the imports. Maybe he's gonna have to suck it up onboard lol.

Is there a specific beer he likes? In my experience imported beers like Heineken and Stella are a little cheaper than Bud and Coors. I know that Corona, Heineken, Stella and Red Stripe were $6.50, beers like Bud and Miller were $6.95.

Is there a specific beer he likes? In my experience imported beers like Heineken and Stella are a little cheaper than Bud and Coors. I know that Corona, Heineken, Stella and Red Stripe were $6.50, beers like Bud and Miller were $6.95.

That's a bit better, OK, blood pressure is coming down lol. I can't remember what he likes, but Stella is one - most of the ones on that were $10. But he could live with Corona, Heineken, Strongbow which were all $7 ish (still $10 for US Canadians).

And yes we are on the Anthem. Didn't know it had higher drink prices. We also have a free soda package each cause we booked with Costco.

Same here. 16 oz cans of Bud and Coor Lite were $6.95 before tip on the BR last month

Last week on Anthem, prices were as follows:

Bud Aluminum $7.25

Bud Light $6.50

Tanqueray and Tonic $7.95

Johnny Walker Black $8.95

Bailey's $7.95

Glass Reisling $9.00

Interesting comment about the Buds, my DH only drank Bud Light but if they rang up a Bud instead of a Bud Light, it was more expensive. I wish I had checked the slips on the ship! DH never noticed the price difference.:(

I saw somewhere the price of one beer was $10 USD or $13.50 CAD which is INSANE. So I looked into the beverage package and is it really possible it would cost almost $700 for a 9 day cruise? Holy crap. :o:o:o My husband likes to have a couple + beers per day, but $700???????????

Is there any way to get the package for cheaper? And that's with the 30% off. :o:o:o

Thank God I don't drink. I want him to enjoy himself but dayum, that was the biggest shock I've had yet.

Paying as you go is a much better option for many. Don't sweat it just don't get the package. For "a couple of beers a day" it will never be worth it.

That's a bit better, OK, blood pressure is coming down lol. I can't remember what he likes, but Stella is one - most of the ones on that were $10. But he could live with Corona, Heineken, Strongbow which were all $7 ish (still $10 for US Canadians).

And yes we are on the Anthem. Didn't know it had higher drink prices. We also have a free soda package each cause we booked with Costco.

Go back and look at the menus from the review. You are looking at the draft beer from Michael's Genuine Pub. The 20oz Stella draft is $9.50. If you look at the Boleros menu, you will see Stella for $6.95, that is for the bottle that is carried in all the other bars.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465882

This is a thread of someone on board now. She shares lots of pictures of menus from on board. Drink menus too.

I was able to get the deluxe drink package for $47.20 per day on sale for our upcoming Anthem cruise. That was during a 30% off sale and includes the gratuity.

I seem to recall that you can upgrade your 'free' soda packages on board.

I heard just the opposite.

I called both RCCL and Costco and you can't. That really sucks cause I would have upgraded to the premium non-alcohol and my husband would have upgraded to the alcohol package. I don't understand why the don't allow this. :(

This is a thread of someone on board now. She shares lots of pictures of menus from on board. Drink menus too.

I was able to get the deluxe drink package for $47.20 per day on sale for our upcoming Anthem cruise. That was during a 30% off sale and includes the gratuity.

Yes I'm following that one closely. We are Canadian, so everything is about 30% more for us. The $65 per day INCLUDES 30% off. :rolleyes:

That is the review that she is getting her bar pricing from, the last post on that thread currently is from the OP of this thread. Hopefully, she sees that the $9.50 Stella is only for the 20 oz draft at Michaels and bottles are $6.95.

That is the review that she is getting her bar pricing from, the last post on that thread currently is from the OP of this thread. Hopefully, she sees that the $9.50 Stella is only for the 20 oz draft at Michaels and bottles are $6.95.

It's the OP. Yes I saw that. My DH likes the draft much better than bottles. I guess he'll have to change his drinking habits on board lol. On land 20 ou drafts are what he always orders.

It's the OP. Yes I saw that. My DH likes the draft much better than bottles. I guess he'll have to change his drinking habits on board lol. On land 20 ou drafts are what he always orders.

If he is a draft guy, your going to find yourself at Michael's a lot. Not a bad place to go, they have live music sometimes. There is food for an extra charge. We didn't try any of it and never saw anyone eating there when we went there, but we were only there twice. I can ask my DH about draft beers in other bars on Anthem when he gets home from work tonight. I didn't notice but he is the beer drinker, not me.;)

Trust me I know it is a very tough pill to swallow looking at that cost but it is worth every single penny. I am a fellow Canadian and I am so glad my wife and I purchased the package . We sailed on the Allure on Jan 2 and the prices per drink on board were insane in usd then convert that to CDN OMG ! BTW they also add a 18 percent tip on each drink purchased individually outside the package . So lets say you would like a margarita after tip is added and then converted to Canadian $$$$ you would be looking at close to $20 for one drink. The package is the way to go, You would need to drink a bottle of water or 2 a day ( included in the package plus 4 beverages daily to make it pay off for itself. Trust me that is very easy to do,

Trust me I know it is a very tough pill to swallow looking at that cost but it is worth every single penny. I am a fellow Canadian and I am so glad my wife and I purchased the package . We sailed on the Allure on Jan 2 and the prices per drink on board were insane in usd then convert that to CDN OMG ! BTW they also add a 18 percent tip on each drink purchased individually outside the package . So lets say you would like a margarita after tip is added and then converted to Canadian $$$$ you would be looking at close to $20 for one drink. The package is the way to go, You would need to drink a bottle of water or 2 a day ( included in the package plus 4 beverages daily to make it pay off for itself. Trust me that is very easy to do,

Perhaps I should suggest to him that he quit drinking before we go lol. :') So with the package, are tips included? I do tend to worry about the 4 sea days we have - that's a lot!! If we only had 2 I'd say no biggie, but we have 4!