NCL Sun Water leak next door, would you move?

zitsky

Why waste energy even thinking about this, let alone posting? You have a whole year before you even sail.

IMHO, get a deluxe platinum trip interruption insurance with full coverage to cover any and all hazards, and add a rider to extend protections for sewage backflow, etc.

Things happened ... sometimes. ;p

IMHO, get a deluxe platinum trip interruption insurance with full coverage to cover any and all hazards, and add a rider to extend protections for sewage backflow, etc.

Things happened ... sometimes. ;p

You didn't say anything about water leaks, shouldn't the policy cover that also? Is there a separate policy for water versus sewage leaks, or can it be all on one policy? :confused:

If anyone cares, TA offered to move us to another room but I didn't like the location. So I'm staying. NCL will surely fix the problem by the time I get there. And yes, it's not even in our room, it's next door.

The don't move you when your in the room and have a leak:')

My wife and I and friends of ours were on a 7 day cruise on the Dawn a few years ago. We both had mini suites on opposite sides of the ship. First morning of the cruise they wake up to a stream of water (over their bed no less) coming out of the ceiling this at 4:30AM. It took about 15 minutes to get someone there to shut it off. Bed is soaked, carpet is soaked. They were forced to leave the cabin until 7pm. They asked about moving but were told every cabin was booked. The ygot the carpet dry with 2-3 blowers and replaced the entire bed, they were back in by 5pm.

You just hope it's a *water* leak and not something else.

Well, if it was "something else", since the toilet systems are vacuum operated, a leak in the piping would eliminate the vacuum, and the toilets above your cabin would stop flushing, so nothing further would flow into the pipes to then be able to leak out.

Why waste energy even thinking about this, let alone posting? You have a whole year before you even sail.

have to totally agree with you, anything can happen but the last thing I would worry about is a possible leak somewhere a year away.

BTW; one time we too had a cabin that leaked. It was from above coming from the ceiling. We reported it the first night on the way to dinner. By the time we got back they had found us another cabin and helped us relocate. End of problem!!

Holy Smoke! When I replied with a thought based on cruise experience, I thought I was addressing an actual issue. A year away?? Who knows what can occur, break, get fixed, change, ship sink, between now and then. The cabin will have been occupied by about 50 or so different groups of guests between now and then! Things will break, things will get fixed between now and then. This is not an issue that can even be addressed in any way now.

Holy Smoke! When I replied with a thought based on cruise experience, I thought I was addressing an actual issue. A year away?? Who knows what can occur, break, get fixed, change, ship sink, between now and then. The cabin will have been occupied by about 50 or so different groups of guests between now and then! Things will break, things will get fixed between now and then. This is not an issue that can even be addressed in any way now.

Roger, As someone new to NCL, I just want to feel good that NCL will fix this problem. And I realize that this issue wasn't even that critical. Cruiser wasn't reporting a leak from the ceiling or similar. They reported an issue that could have been fixed by throwing a towel on the floor. I just want to know this issue gets fixed, no mold in the carpet that could spread to another room through the A/C system. Does air circulate between rooms or are rooms truly independent as far as A/C goes. I don't know.

I saw something that bothered me and researched it. I don't have a lot to do right now. What else should I be doing?

Roger, As someone new to NCL, I just want to feel good that NCL will fix this problem. And I realize that this issue wasn't even that critical. Cruiser wasn't reporting a leak from the ceiling or similar. They reported an issue that could have been fixed by throwing a towel on the floor. I just want to know this issue gets fixed, no mold in the carpet that could spread to another room through the A/C system. Does air circulate between rooms or are rooms truly independent as far as A/C goes. I don't know.

I saw something that bothered me and researched it. I don't have a lot to do right now. What else should I be doing?

Once a cabin has had a wet carpet problem, NCL will pull the cabin from inventory as soon as possible to renew the carpet.

As for the AC, no there is no intermingling of air. Fresh air is drawn in from outside the ship, and this air is cooled and ducted to cabins and public spaces using large fans and coolers to handle a block of cabins or a couple of public spaces, but it is only outside to the cabin. Cabin air is exhausted to outside the ship via the bathroom exhaust vents and fans. There will be a small fan and cooler under the vanity that recirculates the majority of the cabin air past the cooler. So, again, there is no cross flow of air between cabins.

As to the leak, I'm not sure why it wasn't fixed very quickly and simply, since it sounds like there was a large "mouse" (hairball) in the shower drain trap, which should have been removed with a screwdriver. There is also a drain gutter at the bathroom door that should have taken care of any water that overflowed the shower.

EDIT: Thank you, chengkp75 for your very helpful comment.

Maybe not post silly threads and let this one fall off the first few pages? lol :D

Oh, so I have a new problem!!! I heard a rumor that they might be changing the toilet paper on the ship!! Who can I complain to about that? My TA doesn't understand how serious this is!!! :') :') :') :')

OK, so maybe I'll stop now. What's wrong with a little humor? :)

/s