Yes! Another (specific) EZair Question

PoohUnderstands

I have finally wet my feet and made my first EZair reservation and have just one question (at this point!!) I made a reservation through EZair with United Airlines and paid for the ticket right away as I am just under 63 days (last minute cruise!). When I go into United Airline on the website, it has my reservation but it is saying it is not ticketed and will be held until midnight, 05/25. Just went in again and still says that but now it is being held until midnight, 05/26!!! You know where this is leading, right? I was able the second time to make my seat reservations, but should I be concerned that "I am not ticketed?"

Needless to say I am slightly confused. :confused:

Pooh

Sounds like you got a flexible ticket and Princess has not bought the ticket yet since you have the ability to make changes until 45 days out.

You have two options:

1. wait for Princess to buy the ticket @ 45 days

2. Call Princess to request the flight be ticketed now. You can no longer make changes to your flight without penalty. A form used to be required but I learned recently that now all you have to do is call and request early ticketing. This request can be made directly to Princess even if you are working with a TA.

Yes - mine did that for months with United flight until I had my TA ticket the flight.

My TA called and was able to do this over the phone (no form). My air then changed from flexible to fixed when I did it. It took about 5 minutes.

It kept my seat reservations the entire time and also kept my United #.

I had flexible EZAir and the flights weren’t ticketed until about a month before travel. No problem I had seats and all was fine but like OP I was a tad uneasy until I saw that they were ticketed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had flexible EZAir and the flights weren’t ticketed until about a month before travel. No problem I had seats and all was fine but like OP I was a tad uneasy until I saw that they were ticketed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea - I had them ticketed at final payment time frame as air had gone up quite a bit. I didn't want to wait until Princess did it on their own.

If you "paid in full" the ticket should have been purchased and you should be in control of the reservation. The "45 days out" refers to how long you can wait, with full cancelation privileges, before Princess purchases the ticket. After they purchase the tickets they can't be cancelled (in most situations). I needed to purchase "in full" our September tickets to Copenhagen early (six months out) because one leg is on Air Canada and they wouldn't allow seat selection until final payment was made. I'm very tall and need to make sure I book desirable seats. But, the EZ Air folks made sure I was aware that if I purchased early the seat were non-refundable.

If you "paid in full" the ticket should have been purchased and you should be in control of the reservation. The "45 days out" refers to how long you can wait, with full cancelation privileges, before Princess purchases the ticket. After they purchase the tickets they can't be cancelled (in most situations). I needed to purchase "in full" our September tickets to Copenhagen early (six months out) because one leg is on Air Canada and they wouldn't allow seat selection until final payment was made. I'm very tall and need to make sure I book desirable seats. But, the EZ Air folks made sure I was aware that if I purchased early the seat were non-refundable.

I will be using EZair again next August when I too fly Air Canada to Copenhagen! Thanks for the heads up! I will remember to purchase and apply sooner. Is 6 months about the right time to pay in full? Can it be done closer to sailing if doing business class?

Pooh

Then are you all saying that I can "lose" the seats I have picked and show on the United Website if I am not fully ticketed? If so, I will call Princess and do so. If not, I will wait on them since it is just a quick domestic flight.

Pooh

Then are you all saying that I can "lose" the seats I have picked and show on the United Website if I am not fully ticketed? If so, I will call Princess and do so. If not, I will wait on them since it is just a quick domestic flight.

Pooh

I'm not sure what will happen to you but here is our very recent experience.

We only needed a return to the USA flight and picked Virgin Atlantic Upper Class (like Business class I guess). We were allowed to select our seats when we booked via EZ Air. I made them pay for the ticket when I made final payment and I even got them to give us the ticket numbers (importanct to have if there are any issues). I checked our seat assignments a lot, including 2 weeks before we flew. We checked in 24 hours in advance and SURPISE--our seats had changed. Not only that but my husband and I I were on opposite sides of the plane. Couldn't get our seats back (all seats were taken). Just a caution--don't be surprised if this happens. I think it may be part of the 'fine print' for these low fares.

The rest of this isn't relevant to your question, just extra info.

A flight attendant was watching me wave at DH across the plane and asked what I was doing. I told her and she said we should have asked one of them once we got onboard and they would have helped us get seats together. I told her I asked everyone I could find in the terminal and lounge and she just said "we can take care of it, those people won't help you" :)

I don't fly much anymore but used to a lot. I can tell I am out of practice--it never even occurred to me to ask them but I used to do that all the time to sit with my colleagues.

It really wasn't that bad. We were on an A340-600, which is sort of an old plane. It has a few unique features, which I was looking forward to trying. One is that it has 4 engines, and due to this redundancy, is allowed to fly across the ocean while not having to comply with rules about how far they could be from an airport in case of emergency. I can't remember what that is called right now. Also, there is a small bar in the back of the Upper Class cabin, with 3 stools. I met DH back there and we sat there for about 90 minutes, sipping wine and visiting. Then we went back to our seats to read, nap, etc. And, due the unique seating arrangement, I could see him on the other side of the plane all the time. Extra bonus--the bathrooms are bigger than more modern planes! The extra space made all the difference.

Good luck, enjoy your cruise

ML

There are many hidden issues with EZ Air. I got a great deal on price for our upcoming flight, then I learned that the airline we are on will not allow seat selection prior to 24 hours before flight unless I pay an extra fee. I also may get slammed with a charge for my daughter's medical equipment (which flies free on all US airlines under the terms of the ADA)...not sure if a non US airline will comply or not. Worst case, I'm stuck with another luggage fee...which ate all the savings for one of us.

I did just check their web site--IF the ticket is purchased as a share code with a US airline, I can invoke their disability policy and get seats in advance. I still can't get anything definitive on a suitcase with medical equipment. Probably will be OK, as they have the standard policy on wheelchairs, walkers, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy

OK. A different question from another first time EZ Air booker. We have a flight in November that is booked through EZ Air. The cruise was booked under a promo with free gratuities and "up to" $300 off on airfare. Since we are just flying from Sacramento to LA (and back) the flights are free. My question is: If the flights go up a bunch will we still get the "free" flights as they aren't "paid for" yet? Can I call and have the flights "paid for" now so that the free "price" is locked in?

OK. A different question from another first time EZ Air booker. We have a flight in November that is booked through EZ Air. The cruise was booked under a promo with free gratuities and "up to" $300 off on airfare. Since we are just flying from Sacramento to LA (and back) the flights are free. My question is: If the flights go up a bunch will we still get the "free" flights as they aren't "paid for" yet? Can I call and have the flights "paid for" now so that the free "price" is locked in?

The price is locked in when you "buy" EZ Air (or in your case, book it free.) That is the ONLY thing they can't change. They can change your flights (as any airline can, whether you book directly thru them or not). They can charge you baggage fees, that fact is specifically noted on the EZ Air page. And they can change your flights whether they are paid for or not.

The only thing that we found is that they wouldn't allow us to choose seats on Delta or United until Princess had paid for the tickets. Given my daughter's mobility needs, I had the tickets purchased at the 75 day point. That means I couldn't take advantage of any further price drops, but I really didn't expect any drops at that point.

I will be using EZair again next August when I too fly Air Canada to Copenhagen! Thanks for the heads up! I will remember to purchase and apply sooner. Is 6 months about the right time to pay in full? Can it be done closer to sailing if doing business class?

Pooh

It’s a United reservation. 2 of the 3 legs from Phoenix to Copenhagen and the 2 return legs from NYC to Phoenix were actually United operated flights and I could book seats on those before payment was made. BUT, the leg from Toronto to Copenhagen was a flight operated by Air Canada and they wouldn’t let me book seats until they were actually paid. I wanted to make sure I got the seats I wanted ... so I went ahead and paid early. Not sure if it’s any different with Business Class.

There are many hidden issues with EZ Air. I got a great deal on price for our upcoming flight' date=' then I learned that the airline we are on will not allow seat selection prior to 24 hours before flight unless I pay an extra fee. [/quote']

That is not a hidden issue with EZAir. It is the airline. If you had booked the same itinerary directly with the airline you still would have had to pay extra to select seats early.

If selecting seats at the time you book a flight is important, check out the airline's seat reserving policies before you book the flight.

Unfortunately the airlines have found a new way to extract money from the pax by requiring a payment if you want to book your seats early. This goes along with the fee/bag checked, extra leg room etc. So what is next? Maybe a fee to use the restroom (some land based businesses in Europe charge to use the restroom) or a fee to breath the air! So far I have not run into this latest money grab but most likely will in the near future.