Chair hogs on Allure ?

michaelaz

In keeping with all things Allure , any reports of chair hogs on Allure and how is the RCCL staff handling it ? Im cruising in 17 days and rest assured any chair left untended with a towel holder will be moved if I need a spot.

Touch gloves up

I sound like you are going on your cruise looking for trouble.

Not really a good idea, especially if you take the wrong persons chair.

I have seen someone get tossed on their butt for doing so.

Just make a few rounds and look for people leaving.

There is always people coming and going.

We have never had issues with chairs....

Edited by matj2000

In keeping with all things Allure , any reports of chair hogs on Allure and how is the RCCL staff handling it ? Im cruising in 17 days and rest assured any chair left untended with a towel holder will be moved if I need a spot.

Touch gloves up

Good for you, why should the disrespectful people be allowed to get away with it? I would do the same thing. It amazes me how so many will say to go look elsewhere even when there are no other chairs by the pool or to come back later. Why should I have to come back later when they aren't even there?

The other main issue is that RC doesn't do anything about it.

Touch gloves up

There are plenty of chairs.

Going in with an attitude like that will find trouble for you.Guaranteed..Plenty of people have been punched in the face for less..Theres plenty of chairs,maybe not prime real estate but you will always find a chair...

Edited by rtazz17

Touch gloves up

Things change, but at least in 2011 they did have an active staff watching for chair hogs and removing their things.

deckpatrol.jpg

deckpatrol2.jpg

As you can see, this is from back when Allure still had the nice towels.

Touch gloves up

Good for you! On our cruise about 3 weeks ago chair hogs were awful, one day two people next to us put their towels down around 10am and were no where to be seen, we left at about 2pm and they hadn't appeared once at the chairs. Why bother hogging it if you don't intend to use it!

We found on our Allure cruise a few years ago staff were very quick picking up on chair hogs and removed towels, however this cruise they did nothing even when we bought the subject up nothing was done.

It was all on sea days, port days were never a problem.

My wife is in the picture in the front with her chair facing the wrong way. She noted one person reserved the rest of the row around 8am. They had one person keep track of the row for nearly 4 hours. (I'm not allowed to show that picture) Actually I have a really good picture of the changing of the chair hog guard, but I can't show that either.

chairhogs.jpg

My wife is in the picture in the front with her chair facing the wrong way. She noted one person reserved the rest of the row around 8am. They had one person keep track of the row for nearly 4 hours. (I'm not allowed to show that picture) Actually I have a really good picture of the changing of the chair hog guard, but I can't show that either.

Why not?

On the Allure last fall it wasn't an issue finding a chair. I thought perhaps it was because they scanned your card and kept track of the towels they handed you. For myself I kept watch making sure no one stole or removed the towel which were $15-20 per missing towel.

I'm just off HAL and the chair and cabana hogs started early and they don't scan cards for towels. Having breakfast on the lido every morning would see people who were dressed for excursions stop by throw down a towel and magazine, it was obvious.

Here's a little trick, toss a sugar packet on the towel and if its still there in a couple hours notify the attendant.