Labadee, excursion or no excursion

duegwb

We like the Columbus Cove area.

We went there as per your advice after the last visit was horrible and it was a 180 degree turnaround. This beach was paradise, water very clear and no rocks at all.

Also stayed at Residence inn in Cocoa Beach area as per your recommendation.

All I can do is bow before you and say we are not worthy but we thank you very much.

Bill

We went there as per your advice after the last visit was horrible and it was a 180 degree turnaround. This beach was paradise, water very clear and no rocks at all.

Also stayed at Residence inn in Cocoa Beach area as per your recommendation.

All I can do is bow before you and say we are not worthy but we thank you very much.

Bill

Very glad it all worked out, and thanks for reporting back.:)

We love to just lounge around. It's so pretty and peaceful, we pick a spot further on down and find some trees and just take it easy. We do like to walk around and take pictures, though. Don't forget about lunch, they don't announce it, so around noon walk toward your lunch spot.

Back in 2008, I went on a tour of the village of Labadee. It was a lot of fun and they had this spicy peanut butter that they made which I have never had anywhere else. But because of restrictions, they were not allowed to sell it. We were only allowed to have a taste. They were also making bread on this giant grill and they also allowed us to have a taste. The village seems secluded as we had to come by boat, and wade ashore to get there. However, I have read snippets here and elsewhere that this village is fake, but I don't have any corroboration.

Its a great excursion, but it might be faked for tourists. Or maybe its now labeled as a re-creation. I can't remember if i saw that was the description for the excursion now. I think it was called the Haitian Cultural Tour in Labadee?

Back in 2008, I went on a tour of the village of Labadee. It was a lot of fun and they had this spicy peanut butter that they made which I have never had anywhere else. But because of restrictions, they were not allowed to sell it. We were only allowed to have a taste. They were also making bread on this giant grill and they also allowed us to have a taste. The village seems secluded as we had to come by boat, and wade ashore to get there. However, I have read snippets here and elsewhere that this village is fake, but I don't have any corroboration.

Its a great excursion, but it might be faked for tourists. Or maybe its now labeled as a re-creation. I can't remember if i saw that was the description for the excursion now. I think it was called the Haitian Cultural Tour in Labadee?

I took that excursion in 2010 or 2011. It was enjoyable except for the constant laments of how poor the area was and being put on the spot to purchase something. I was guilted into buying a painting that I finally tried to sell for $2 at a garage sale last weekend but took to Goodwill at the end of the day.

I took that excursion in 2010 or 2011. It was enjoyable except for the constant laments of how poor the area was and being put on the spot to purchase something. I was guilted into buying a painting that I finally tried to sell for $2 at a garage sale last weekend but took to Goodwill at the end of the day.

if they sold that peanut butter, i would have bought a gallon of that stuff, it was that good. But regulation forbids them from selling nonpackaged good (understandable). They had a small table selling packaged goods which wasnt even local. I really didnt care for M&M’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you’re on an Oasis class ship, get off as early as possible to get a good lounge spot on the beach. By late morning, it’s a virtual sea of lounge chairs on all the beaches. Best beach? The Suite beach [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loved suite beach , great buffet and service lots of waiters :D

Are the roller coaster and slide worth the cost? If doing the roller coaster it seems it would be a no brainer to do the all day pass vs the single ride pass. It is only $11 more for the all day one.
The slide is horrible, don't bother, the coaster is not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app