Internet Packages

Jimbo59

When I read your post I got excited because we will be on the Westerdam on Oct 26 for the Transatlantic to Ft Lauderdale.

I just got off the phone with HAL and they swear they have no unlimited internet packages and they never heard of what I told them I had read.

I wonder if the agent I spoke with didn't know or if this is maybe a special just for your sailing.

Should the opportunity arise and you get a chance, maybe you could make an inquiry on the ship.

thanks....

In a lot of ways Seattle has no idea about what actually happens on the ships. That being said, I can only report that we have unlimited on this cruise as detailed above. From reading on CC I know that Westerdam has had this is place for a while.

Since there is no longer an "Internet Manager" position, I am not really sure who would have the best information. My best guess is that unlimited will be available on Westerdam for the forseeable future, but no guarantees. If I find someone who can give definate information I will ask.

Rich

• 4 months later...
That is pretty expensive and who needs 1000 min. to keep in touch and say "having a great time, all is well."

for a 38 day cruise such as Voyage of the Vikings that is only 26 minutes per day, which really isn't that much. HAL has many longer voyages

we were on the Zuiderdam last month and they had the 3 unlimited packages. But remember that ship was refurbed in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my cruise earlier this month, there were 3 unlimited plans:

$14.99 for 24 hours access to a set number of social media sites with ALL other sites blocked, but this was for social media sites ONLY; the approved social media sites were the only ones you could access, everything else, including Google & email were blocked.

$24.99 for 24 hours access to any site

and a third one which I do not remember (I have the paperwork, but not handy)

It was insane and not worth it at all. I had to pay the $25 for unlimited access for 2 days so I could pay my bills, but it really rankled with me, as before, for that same $50 I could have gotten access for the whole cruise to check everything daily.

That is pretty expensive and who needs 1000 min. to keep in touch and say "having a great time, all is well."

Some people need to keep working while they are gone. I personally would never question why someone needs it. You never know what is going on in their lives. Some others do live from blogs and that is also appreciated by some on this board.

On my cruise earlier this month, there were 3 unlimited plans:

$14.99 for 24 hours access to a set number of social media sites with ALL other sites blocked, but this was for social media sites ONLY; the approved social media sites were the only ones you could access, everything else, including Google & email were blocked.

$24.99 for 24 hours access to any site

and a third one which I do not remember (I have the paperwork, but not handy)

It was insane and not worth it at all. I had to pay the $25 for unlimited access for 2 days so I could pay my bills, but it really rankled with me, as before, for that same $50 I could have gotten access for the whole cruise to check everything daily.

It's been my experience and from what I hear on CC that a number of ships in the fleet still do have by the minute pricing. It seems most don't have unlimited plans.

Can anyone confirm what internet packages are currently available on the Koningsdam? The information here seems a bit unclear as to whether the packages are consistent aboard all ships.

Packages currently are NOT consistent aboard all ships. At last report, Koningsdam had the "by minute" packages.

I don't remember them all but examples are $55 for 100 minutes, $100 for 250 minutes and $250 for 1000 minutes, but there are a couple of others.

I'm guessing you can only purchase an internet package while on board? We are on NA next month for a Caribbean and I don't see anything offered online. Any recent cruisers on NA that can provide information would be appreciated!

I'm guessing you can only purchase an internet package while on board? We are on NA next month for a Caribbean and I don't see anything offered online. Any recent cruisers on NA that can provide information would be appreciated!

Correct - you buy your internet package on board. You just log in and select ;)

The last I heard, the NA's internet package was the "by the minute" package.