What to add to monthly cruise newsletter?

Florida_cruisers

I am coordinating a family group (17 people, from 13-62) cruise to the Mediterranean for next year. At the one year mark I would like to start sending out monthly newsletters to our group. About half of the people in our group have never been to Europe or been on a cruise.

My husband and I are avid travelers and we have traveled to many places around the world through cruises and land vacations. Sometimes we take for granted what we know so I want to make sure I don’t miss anything important. What kind of information should I include on the newsletter? So far I have this:

* Itinerary and date of the cruise

* Directory of who is going and their cabin number

* Passport reminder (check a minimum of 6 month expiration date)

* Packing tips

* Potential excursions

* Final payment date

I am coordinating a family group (17 people, from 13-62) cruise to the Mediterranean for next year. At the one year mark I would like to start sending out monthly newsletters to our group. About half of the people in our group have never been to Europe or been on a cruise.

My husband and I are avid travelers and we have traveled to many places around the world through cruises and land vacations. Sometimes we take for granted what we know so I want to make sure I don’t miss anything important. What kind of information should I include on the newsletter? So far I have this:

* Packing tips

* Potential excursions

* Final payment date

Subscribe to Condé Nast Traveler, if only to sign up for their daily travel tips (many many great short articles that you could "cherry pick" for inclusion in your newsletter.

BTW, even if you drop the "dirt cheap" introductory subscription at its end, you'll still get the daily tips e-mails until you "unsubscribe" them.

This is one of the best travel bargains anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let the "new cruisers" discover cruising on their own. I know you want to "help", but if you give too much info, it really effects the 'thrill of discovery". Don't do that to your family and friends!

I understand that you want to impart your knowledge and experience...but it may very well backfire on you. Tell them WHERE they're going (if they don't know), and tell them to get guidebooks, and read up on the ship...that's as far as you should go.

* Packing tips

* Potential excursions

* Final payment date

Hi Florida cruisers

You know one of the hardest things for people who don't travel, is doing research on where you are going. If you know of places of interest or things that people should know before arriving at specific locations, included that information. If you come across a website that features one of your ports of call, add the link.

Let people know about your specific cruise line rules/quirks.

Advise them about mobility issues if someone might be affected.

Laundry facilities, if they will be needed.

Don't forget insurance for everyone.

Is everyone travelling together? Hope nobody is flying into Europe on the same day of embarkation.

Suggest people think about what they would like to see and do. That way they can ask questions, you can help in research to find answers.

Introduce them to Cruise Critic, others might enjoy it as well.

just a few ideas to get started

hope this helps

Each month you could highlight one of your ports of call. Give some history, culture, food for the area. Also maybe come websites they can browse on their own. You can include some private shore excursion companies as well.

* Packing tips

* Potential excursions

* Final payment date

I created a newsletter for each day of last summer's Med Cruise. If you are interested in seeing mine, please email me at cmcduff50@yahoo.com. Please provide a list of cruise ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A newsletter is a nice thought, but do also consider it could backfire and you will become the shepherds to a flock of sheep who see you as their leader on board and in port. Perhaps providing websites or tools for them to research themselves could be a gift that starts them on there own independent global travel.