World Cruise 2020

Go-Bucks!

Just curious as to the logic of preferring one direction to another. Is it just the geography of which countries and ports would be on the itinerary?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just guessing here.

Going West to East you keep losing 1 hour of sleep frequently; going the other way you gain an hour’s sleep every so often:)

More likely weather and winds. South Africa in our Winter and their Summer, and Alaska is better in the Summer.

I was told that they will have a large number of ports in Japan. Segments won't be open for booking until mid-April.

I might be a little hesitant to book a segment though. Was told by someone who did a segment on last world cruise that there are two classes "worldies" and the others. Anyone who did a segment care to comment??

We were on the Singapore to Rome segment of the RTW last year and will be on the Beijing to Sydney segment this year. The RTW cruisers had special events and were invited more often to dine with senior staff, but it did not affect our enjoyment of the cruise. We also had opportunities to dine with staff and have good interactions with the worldies. They were a tighter knit group, but many were very friendly and welcoming. If we had felt discriminated against, we would not have booked our upcoming cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cbb..doing the segments is a good idea. In fact this May/June our Sydney to LA on Insignia is a segment of this year's RTW. I agree with you that I wish they'd publish the cruise route!! I think we might have done some of it like around South America. In fact we like that one so much, will do again this Dec.

After a lot of cruising I have found that after 30 days on a ship you start getting saturated with the experience. Each day looses the pleasure and enjoyment for me. Eould feel that 180 days the last 2 months would be flat out boring...to me give me segments to savor. Like ordering fine dining courses, yo dont have to order everything on the menu like Cronsky.

The only time I was on a cruise over 30 days, it was on a ship that was grey, had numbers on the bow and guns,depth charges and torpedo's.... But they let me drive which was cool and only 268 fellow passengers !! !!!

My wife requires an accessible cabin. Last year for the 2019 cruise I tried to get a cabin around 9am and they were all gone. This morning my wife and I were both on the phone at 8:30 and each got an agent right away. For a few minutes we both were being told that for some reason the booking system was not yet open. Once it opened we both quickly asked for an accessible cabin and were told they were all gone - this is less than 15 seconds after the booking window opened.

At the same time our agent was trying to book a cabin and her screen never showed the "Plan My Cruise" button, all she could do is save the cruise which was exactly the same as before 8:30. So that didn't help us get anywhere.

My gut tells me some agents are getting a hold on cabins. When we were on the 2016 w/c the onboard agent told us she would never sell an accessible cabin to someone not needing it but there is not anything to stop others from reserving them.

My wife requires an accessible cabin. Last year for the 2019 cruise I tried to get a cabin around 9am and they were all gone. This morning my wife and I were both on the phone at 8:30 and each got an agent right away. For a few minutes we both were being told that for some reason the booking system was not yet open. Once it opened we both quickly asked for an accessible cabin and were told they were all gone - this is less than 15 seconds after the booking window opened.

At the same time our agent was trying to book a cabin and her screen never showed the "Plan My Cruise" button, all she could do is save the cruise which was exactly the same as before 8:30. So that didn't help us get anywhere.

My gut tells me some agents are getting a hold on cabins. When we were on the 2016 w/c the onboard agent told us she would never sell an accessible cabin to someone not needing it but there is not anything to stop others from reserving them.

There was a post from someone on the current 2018 RTW cruise that said that the current worldies were able to sign up for the 2020 RTW cruise ahead of it opening today to the public, plus they got a big discount on the deposit. That may be why the few accessible cabins were already gone.

We got our cabin of choice ... like Wayne, we called first thing this morning. At first the agent said everything was waitlisted, but within few minutes, as we were talking, the categories started opening up. I think the agent's computer was just trying to catch up to the system releasing the cabins for booking. I know he was kind of flabbergasted at first to see what was happening on his computer screen.

Hope the cabin Wayne needs clears the waitlist.

High Oceania volume TA have always been able to preregistration their clients on all cruises. My TA had pre registered two OS suites for the 2019. She said they then wait until official opening day and see how Oceania allocates those suites amount the TAs. Nothing new here. The high volume Oceania TAs know the games and how to play them. If you’re not using one, you get what’s left.

I did say we would take a wait list. Currently Canadians are paying just under 27% premium for exchange rate. We got an invoice asking for over $70,000 deposit for an inside, deck 4 G cabin. They have based that on brochure price plus exchange rate plus insurance.

We were on the wait list also for the 2019 cruise but only got offered a regular inside. When we were on the 2106 world cruise the future cruise agent told us she would never book an accessible cabin for someone that did not need it but I guess other agents may do so.