Can you bring water on board in Boston?

artvlay

On my previous cruise and research on forums,

Technically, they are not allowed, but majority of the time they allow sealed bottle water in packages through. ei 24 pack or 6 large watter packs.

People have put them inside suitcases or carry on board with no hassle.

Its only a few dollars, just dont make a fuss if they do decide to not allow it.

Why not just drink the excellent shipboard water, from taps, dispensers, and meal service glasses?

I know the water is from reverse osmosis system but do they then add a chlorine to it? If so can you smell the chlorine?

I've seen cases of water with luggage tags taped to them at the porter stands...and outside staterooms. Roll the dice.

The porters wouldn't take my case of water with luggage tag at Tampa, so I had to carry it on board myself. It gets heavy and awkward. You can just imagine how pi**ed I was when I got to my stateroom and saw other cases of water mixed in with the luggage to be delivered to staterooms. :(

Here is a bit of water information...

All drinking water is either distilled from seawater or reverse osmosis, or loaded on board while the ship is in port. Royal Caribbean adheres to Vessel Sanitation Program standards published by the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) and the Centers For Disease Control (CDC). The USPHS/CDC conducts inspections of the ship, both during its construction and throughout the year, to ensure compliance.

The purity and cleanliness of shipboard water systems is a very important part of the comfort and safety of guests and crew. These systems include potable drinking water and recreational water used for swimming pools, whirlpools and spa pools. Potable water is either produced on the ship through steam distillation or reverse osmosis (desalination) or taken onboard (bunkered) while the ship is in port. As a further precaution, all potable water, whether bunkered or produced, is chlorinated to eliminate any harmful bacteria that may be present. All bunkered water is also tested for quality and held in a tank until test results demonstrate it is safe for shipboard consumption. Only then is the water approved for release and use onboard.

According to CDC standards, RCI is required to test shipboard water four times per month. In keeping with the Above and Beyond Compliance policy, RCI exceed this standard by testing each ship’s water systems 60 times per month. The CDC also regulates recreational water by specifying chlorination levels and monitoring frequencies. RCI exceed these levels and have installed electronic chlorine and acidity (pH) level recording devices to help ensure levels remain consistent.

I believe that our resident Chief Engineer has posted that there are filters to remove the chlorine on water delivery points that are used for drinking water, such as in the restaurants, bars, ice makers, and self-serve stations in the buffet. I don't recall if these filters are also installed on faucets in the stateroom bathroom, so that water might have more chlorine than what they serve in restaurants.

Because sometimes people don't know that the water onboard is potable.

Which is really stupid - what do they think the ice, coffee, tea, food, etc. is made from? People really make me laugh. Maybe I’m just old enough to remember when no one, but no one, ever thought about drinking bottled water. We all survived, even on a ship.

ok---I'm not being a smarty but why not save yourself ALL the lugging aggravation, and buy a case of water, and have it waiting for you on board. A case of water should not break a well planned out vacation ( I would think?). As others have said, you take your chances. I have seen them delivered with luggage (if they have survived the transfer:D ) and seen the cases delivered from on board stock. Good luck.

Which is really stupid - what do they think the ice, coffee, tea, food, etc. is made from? People really make me laugh. Maybe I’m just old enough to remember when no one, but no one, ever thought about drinking bottled water. We all survived, even on a ship.

Precisely. But every time someone mentions taking bottled water aboard, someone else assumes that is the only way to have good drinking water.

Glad we made you chuckle. I don’t have a problem drinking the coffee, tea, or mixed in drinks, along wiith cooking . But we have used a RO system for such a long time it’s the smell of chlorine I can’t get past. I’ll likely buy the overpriced bottles of water to quench my thirst.

Glad we made you chuckle. I don’t have a problem drinking the coffee, tea, or mixed in drinks, along wiith cooking . But we have used a RO system for such a long time it’s the smell of chlorine I can’t get past. I’ll likely buy the overpriced bottles of water to quench my thirst.

I’ve never noticed the smell of chlorine on a ship. Now, my home water, OTOH, is pretty bad, especially when used for making tea, so we have a Brita filter installed on the kitchen faucet. You could always bring a bottle with a built in filter if you are afraid you won’t like the water.

The porters wouldn't take my case of water with luggage tag at Tampa, so I had to carry it on board myself. It gets heavy and awkward. You can just imagine how pi**ed I was when I got to my stateroom and saw other cases of water mixed in with the luggage to be delivered to staterooms. :(

I think unfortunately there's a "bribe" system with porters, at least in Port Canaveral. If you tip them well, they will take it in (whether Royal allows it or not it's still a gamble) with the rest of your bags. Some of them are fair upfront (unprofessional as heck) about it "Got a five?"

I think unfortunately there's a "bribe" system with porters, at least in Port Canaveral. If you tip them well, they will take it in (whether Royal allows it or not it's still a gamble) with the rest of your bags. Some of them are fair upfront (unprofessional as heck) about it "Got a five?"

I tipped the a-hole for taking my luggage, and when he refused to take the water, I felt a little awkward to ask for my tip back. :rolleyes: