Harmony/Symphony Boardwalk Balcony 10729,11729,12729 Obstructed View?

E23NK1

We just booked Symphony Boardwalk balcony 10729...wanted that last aft room but was told by RCCL booking agent that its 20% obstructed...is that because of the Abyss slide?

I was hoping someone on Harmony who has stayed in 10729 or 10329 or similar end balcony would have some input or photos to offer.

Thanks for the help.

We just booked Symphony Boardwalk balcony 10729...wanted that last aft room but was told by RCCL booking agent that its 20% obstructed...is that because of the Abyss slide?

I was hoping someone on Harmony who has stayed in 10729 or 10329 or similar end balcony would have some input or photos to offer.

Thanks for the help.

DSC00704_zps0tfsxtkn.jpg

DSC00717_zpsfmlopgtj.jpg

DSC00718_zpszbpir2rz.jpg

DSC00719_zpsjqajczqo.jpg

DSC00720_zpswhfd8mcu.jpg

Yea I get that...that's my fear too.

We have almost the same room booked for Oasis in 2018 but there is no slide there so the view will be ok.

Maybe we should switch to Central Park view.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

We have the same cabin opposite side in Sept. I wondered about the view and obstruction when we booked a year ago. We had it on Oasis a year ago and the view was fantastic. I'm super bummed, but don't know about the option of changing with the Cruise 6 months away. I appreciate you posting the pictures......

Ilana

I booked a room on the 14th floor 3 cabins from the end on the Harmony and we were completely fine with it. Got pretty good views of the Aqua show and we could sit and watch the ocean in the mornings. We would book it again.

I booked a room on the 14th floor 3 cabins from the end on the Harmony and we were completely fine with it. Got pretty good views of the Aqua show and we could sit and watch the ocean in the mornings. We would book it again.

Thanks for the input...were you kinda able to see thru the open areas of the slide?

Any photos that you could share?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of booking one of these cabins on Symphony for something different - these Cabins are more expensive by $60 then a balcony cabin midship. What to do..... what to do..... although I think I know the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For comparison, here are some pictures from 10729 on Oasis:

View from Stateroom 10729

From Statetroom 10729 - Cozumel

Aquatheater from Stateroom 10729

From Stateroom 10729

I have not been on Harmony, but I think the slide ruins one of the attractive features of the Boardwalk balconies. I would not hesitate to get them on the Oasis or Allure, probably not on Harmony and Symphony.

I fear that the Oasis and Allure will get the Abyss during their next extended drydock in 2019 & 2020. Too bad.

mac_tlc

Can't say from experience since we haven't been on Harmony, but from all pics and videos we ended up going with 11729 since the slide is furthest away from the balcony at that point. Here is some pics that show what I mean. Bottom row of Balconies is deck 8. Who knows if that will make a big difference, but we already were going above our budget to get a balcony so we decided we would try it out.

6332e881dcc819b428e091a5fa855031.jpg

img-boardwalk2-830x553.gif?fit=2048%2C2048px&ssl=1

Can't say from experience since we haven't been on Harmony, but from all pics and videos we ended up going with 11729 since the slide is furthest away from the balcony at that point. Here is some pics that show what I mean. Bottom row of Balconies is deck 8. Who knows if that will make a big difference, but we already were going above our budget to get a balcony so we decided we would try it out.

6332e881dcc819b428e091a5fa855031.jpg

img-boardwalk2-830x553.gif?fit=2048%2C2048px&ssl=1

I'd like to see some pics of the view from 11729/11329. I'm currently booked in 11725, which is 3 in from aft, and is the first cabin that doesn't show as "obstructed view". I'm contemplating moving to the most aft cabin, but wondering if the view will be better if I just stay put in 11725?

We stayed in 11329 in March. The slide blocked the view more than I expected. You need to stand up and look over the railing to get the best views rearward. The view sitting down looks like the picture here. As stated previously I would not recommend these rooms.

20plon.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the input, everybody. Yesterday I booked cabin 12729, the last cabin near the slide, and was wondering just how blocked the view will be. I sailed the Oasis three times and always had an Ocean Balcony. I do like how they're giving two soda packages away with these rooms, but the truth is, if the price drops, I may end up upgrading to Ocean Balcony again. We shall see.

Thanks for all the input, everybody. Yesterday I booked cabin 12729, the last cabin near the slide, and was wondering just how blocked the view will be. I sailed the Oasis three times and always had an Ocean Balcony. I do like how they're giving two soda packages away with these rooms, but the truth is, if the price drops, I may end up upgrading to Ocean Balcony again. We shall see.

Just this past March we had the last four Boardwalk cabins on deck #9 starboard on Harmony. I booked these when the bookings were released in June 2015 for March 2017 before the info about the Abyss was released...and certainly got great pricing...otherwise now that I've had these cabins I wouldn't book them again.

These are my views from 12329 on our B2B Harmony. The views weren't too bad.

But.....

We will never book a Boardwalk Balcony again. Noise levels and people looking into your balcony from across the way was just too much. Thought we would try it.....wished we didn't.893bd59643844152e7b662cc40331318.jpg01a92f785e039d7287bab8eab5185e47.jpgf5ea0a3ec70bdbe539101d9ab478b61a.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We had 11729 on Harmony a few weeks ago and it was no where near as good as when we had the same room on Oasis. There was still a view of the water and the shows, but you have to look at that gawdy slide! We won't do it again on an Oasis class ship that has the slide.

• 1 year later...

Firstly, it's best ALWAYS research a ship before you book a cabin! We've sailed on the Oasis # 11329 which didn't have the large slide in front of the balcony - However, we booked opposite side on the Symphony of the Seas in 2019 # 11729 - even though there is the obstructed view - you can get a clear view of the ocean from your balcony, people watch and still see the acrobactics at the Aquatheater from the comfort of your own cabin balcony - it's a win/win - People who don't do their due diligence prior to booking a cabin shouldn't complain or make excuses about their accommodations - that's ALL on YOU! Enjoy the cruise - there are so many great spots to relax and experience the open sea - Aft on these huge ships gives you the best of 3 worlds - Entertainment, Ocean view and good people watching - Cheers

In all honesty? Pretty gross. Imagine buying a cruise to enjoy the ocean view and what you get instead is an amusement park right in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums