Who watches "The Love Boat" on MeTV between cruises, for a Princess fix?

milogurd

Haven't watched it on MeTV in a month or more so am disappointed to hear it is only one episode now on Sundays. I checked their website to confirm it. Next Sunday is a two parter so if you watch the first part you have to remember to watch it the next week too. It was so nice when the first part was at 5 pm and the next episode at 6 pm was part 2.

The last two or more cruises I have been on they have not had any Love Boat episodes.

Haven't watched it on MeTV in a month or more so am disappointed to hear it is only one episode now on Sundays. I checked their website to confirm it. Next Sunday is a two parter so if you watch the first part you have to remember to watch it the next week too. It was so nice when the first part was at 5 pm and the next episode at 6 pm was part 2.

The last two or more cruises I have been on they have not had any Love Boat episodes.

There were a lot of people complaining to the CD on our cruise last October because there was no Love Boat on the TV. He kept telling them there definitely were episodes being broadcast. After about the second week of the cruise (it was a 28 day cruise) he found out he was wrong and the folks in charge of the programming weren't offering the show at all. It didn't bother us as we don't watch it but we were surprised at how many people were unhappy it wasn't offered. There never was an explanation as to why the program was no longer offered. I don't recall seeing it offered on our cruise last March either (although I may have just not noticed it).

Normally I wouldn't look this up, but I know my wife watches the Love Boat from time to time (I hate it) but here in Florida, Comcast still has Me TV on our system- channel 208, if that's any consultation.

Are you sure they just didn't move the channels around?

Only ATT Universe and the Dish carry it in our area.

Stupid Comcast took away our MeTV, so no more Love Boat for us. [emoji35]

It may not be Comcast that took it away. It might have been your local station. Since things went digital the over the air stations are for example 11.1. they also could have 11.2 etc. Ours is offered that way and Comcast has it on their lineup. If we just had an antenna and did over the air we would get it on 11.2. We used to have Decades but the local channel dropped it for another channel so we no longer have it. Unless another channel picks it up and then Comcast puts it in their lineup... we can't see it.

Hope I explained this clearly.

It may not be Comcast that took it away. It might have been your local station. Since things went digital the over the air stations are for example 11.1. they also could have 11.2 etc. Ours is offered that way and Comcast has it on their lineup. If we just had an antenna and did over the air we would get it on 11.2. We used to have Decades but the local channel dropped it for another channel so we no longer have it. Unless another channel picks it up and then Comcast puts it in their lineup... we can't see it.

I just had to rescan the TV channels today. (Antenna only.) The FCC made room for a bunch of wireless signals and many "over the air" TV stations got reassigned. The local designation is still the same but the frequency is different. This isn't happening all at once but many channels already changed and some still will be changing in the future. If one suddenly "loses" a channel that is watched via antenna this may well be what happened. Just rescan and it comes back. Of course after I did the rescan I had to go into the setup and remove the bunch of channels I don't want. Again.

I just had to rescan the TV channels today. (Antenna only.) The FCC made room for a bunch of wireless signals and many "over the air" TV stations got reassigned. The local designation is still the same but the frequency is different. This isn't happening all at once but many channels already changed and some still will be changing in the future. If one suddenly "loses" a channel that is watched via antenna this may well be what happened. Just rescan and it comes back. Of course after I did the rescan I had to go into the setup and remove the bunch of channels I don't want. Again.

Fun :(

That works also but I really don't want to put up an outside antenna to watch 40 year old sitcoms.

An inside antenna is only good for so-so for reception.

Everyone in Fl has stucco on their homes & the metal cage used doesn't allow much of a signal to pass thorough.

That is why you buy the ones to put on your roof and run the cable in. I bought a good one on amazon for about $40 and placed it high on my roof. I'm in the middle of nowhere with lots of obstructions toward the city (mountains etc) and I get all the local channels plus about 25 other stations including this one. Absolutely free after the initial $40 investment. Cut the cord to my Direct TV

Yes, the local station took it and Decades away. [emoji853]

Unfortunately Loveboat was not on TV on our last two Princess cruises.

Wait, what?!?! :o:o

Is this a permanent change?

I admit that is disappointing. I was quite looking forward to it on our Ruby Princess cruise this January. It's loads of fun to watch whilst getting ready for bed at night or as a break on a sea day.

;p

I don't watch it. It's sexist. The worst was the episode when the captain's uncle (played by Red Buttons) kept sexually harassing Julie McCoy, and everyone told her to just get over it, that she was imagining it and he was just joking around anyway.

Think about that in the context of today's world.

We laugh with and at every sexist, inappropriate, misogynist comment. They are ludicrous. Part of the charm! Such a throwback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t watch it often now, but I remember watching when it was originally on TV. I thought “that looks like fun, but that’s for rich people”. I never thought that I would ever be going on a cruise. Now I’m signed up for my 21st Princess cruise and my 31st overall. Who Knew??:cool:
Same! I can't believe we are doing what we always thought was a dream back then! :)

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

;p

I don't watch it. It's sexist. The worst was the episode when the captain's uncle (played by Red Buttons) kept sexually harassing Julie McCoy, and everyone told her to just get over it, that she was imagining it and he was just joking around anyway.

Think about that in the context of today's world.

It's absolutely sexist, same with Charlie's Angels. It was a different time, enlightening now. As with much of history.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

It's absolutely sexist, same with Charlie's Angels. It was a different time, enlightening now. As with much of history.

But I recently watched Schindler's List and Playing For Time in review for our eastern European trip. I know that is not a direct comparison, but who knows what they will review for women's treatment in the future.