Review Quest 16th and 23rd June

Mrs Miggins

I don't know if anyone complained about the shuttle bus situation. I can only say that there was lots of disquiet about it.

We also encountered a bit of a shambles concerning the shuttle bus in Valencia. Upon exiting the terminal we were actually discussing using using local transit with an ENT worker when a woman came over who, thankfully, had identified us as Azamara cruisers and directed us to the shuttle. No problem boarding the shuttle at the exit to the old city.

We put the problem down to the company contracted for the service; their drivers/officers seemed a rather surly lot.

There was also a problem re-embarking, this time created by the port authority. There were signs for Azamara cruisers to follow, but security officers were preventing us from following those indicators as there was a long line of MSC passengers queued up for embarkation in the same area.

Only by frantically waving our seapasses and ignoring the glowering officers and MSC cruisers were we able to get expeditious re-entry.

The line-up for MSC reminded us of the efficiency of Azamara boarding.

I felt sorry for the MSC passengers,it was a long bus ride to the ship,also had to turn a group around heading for the Quest.We had no problems with the shuttle this was about 11.00 ,the miele had died down,enjoyed the cruise but it was tiring towards the end

Thanks a lot for your review. I am glad you had a good time.

Just for the records, I have never got a glas of champagne included in the drinks package with Azamara. I have got a sparkling wine. But champagne? No way...

ivi

I only meant that we were not offered a glass of ' bubbly' on embarkation. This was no big deal and as mentioned others received theirs. Of course sparkling wine is now part of the included offerings and many Kir's and Mimosas were enjoyed.

One friend who was in a suite kindly gave us their bottle of 'champagne' and it was shared with our friends on White Night. Thanks Alan.

That is a completely unfair comment.

Actually Mrs Miggins DID speak to Guest Relations front desk several times, with no resolution. I was on the same cruise. There were many issues between some of our group that were not dealt with well by the GR front desk and it was only when they were escalated to the fantastically efficient and helpful GR Manager Ngawhira that any help at all was forthcoming.

I know Ngawhira does a wonderful job solving problems. My question would be why not deal with her directly vs the people at the desk. There are new people there abd maybe thry do not know how she works. New to me under two years.

In the past if I had any problem I send a letter to the HD or the FB..whoever should have it. Problem is solve.

Last Jr cruise those sill sinks had more rough spots to get cut in ..was not getting solve..ended up with Heike and others in there, they were smooth down, really stupid sinks.

So sorry Pam or anyone had a problem on the ship.

Hi Robin, We had a great cruise but there were a few things that were not quite as good as in the past. None of my problems warranted asking to see the GR Manager, but our good friends onboard were very helpful in talking with her informally, as they have many more Azamara cruises than us.

I am not a person who complains about small niggles. There was no point in complaining about the shuttle problems in Valencia since it was too late when we returned to the ship for anyone to improve the situation. However you will see that several others had problems too, and I know that Azamara will be monitoring this board. Not sure when Azamara is back in Valencia.

I certainly would not complain about lack of staff due to an Emergency Driill. The buffet in the morning was very busy most days but on Valencia day the staff were called away for the drill. I can live without a coffee refill and I am sure there were good reasons for the timing of the drill.

My previous reviews have been unfailingly positive but I wanted to mention some of the changes I noted.

I still love Azamara and especially friends we have made on board. Just want them to get their pricing policy a little more realistic. There is lots of competition out there.

Edited by Mrs Miggins
Wrong word changed

Pam

The only reason i would talk about a shuttle bus service is because it can be inproved in he future. Years ago in Spain we did not have enough buses- I was to be on the last one of the day. the line was so long they called in more buses to get guests and crew back to ship. I sat crew get off bus to give guests sits. i was upset becasue an officer mother was in a wheelchair. felt they should of gone before me.

As far as he coffee refill- I do know that on every ship I have been on the drill about 10 in morning. As I like room service and might make my card out before I know I just change the time of breakfast. I find when i am on ship during drill there is always someone serving something. i id find the front desk closed and I needed money. I waited and got it.

The reason i have done letter- more than once the new glass sinks in spa suite. those go to the HD or head of housekeeping. i like to see them gon before someone gets cut on them. not a smart move to add hem in.

As far as pricing goes- I know it gone up and up .But it is the only cruiseline i know that has many late nights in ports to eat and drink thru the night. i tend to eat off ship when i can.

Robin, I don't think that escalating minor issues to the GRM or HD should be necessary. The staff on the Guest Services desk should be able to deal with it.

If it was a major issue then of course I would....but I rarely have major issues on Azamara. If I did then I am very confident that the extremely efficient and ever helpful Ngawhira would sort them out immediately.

I think the point that Pam was trying to make was that many of our group of friends on this cruise had minor issues and they were not addressed well by the front desk this time. In my experience there was one individual who was distinctly unhelpful and I don't think I am alone in that opinion. Maybe it was time for their vacation and they might have sorely needed the time off. :D

Robin, I don't think that escalating minor issues to the GRM or HD should be necessary. The staff on the Guest Services desk should be able to deal with it.

If it was a major issue then of course I would....but I rarely have major issues on Azamara. If I did then I am very confident that the extremely efficient and ever helpful Ngawhira would sort them out immediately.

I think the point that Pam was trying to make was that many of our group of friends on this cruise had minor issues and they were not addressed well by the front desk this time. In my experience there was one individual who was distinctly unhelpful and I don't think I am alone in that opinion. Maybe it was time for their vacation and they might have sorely needed the time off. :D

Not been on Quest since Nov 17. No plans until 2019. I found in general he problem solved right away. i have learned that nada does a great job.. I was on JR last summer and had trouble with the glass sinks.. sorry, cutting myself is not an option. did not gt cut as i went to the desk first then to Housekeeping and they were polish up. but how many times can that be done.

I am sorry it was one person. if all four then the manager needs to work with them. In his/her case sounds like this person needed a nap and free time in port.

Sometimes I prefer a manager as sometimes he front desk needs to ask the manager. i had a problem in Peru. one person told me over 50 times i am sorry. i went to the manger and ended up i n a nice, sunny room with carpet. other room was just freezing and all tile. the i am sorry person should know enough to make the call.

[quote name=Mrs Miggins;56460808

I am not a person who complains about small niggles. There was no point in complaining about the shuttle problems in Valencia since it was too late when we returned to the ship for anyone to improve the situation. However you will see that several others had problems too' date=' and I know that Azamara will be monitoring this board. Not sure when Azamara is back in Valencia.

[/quote]

we're on the Journey in September and will have an overnight in Valencia

we're on the Journey in September and will have an overnight in Valencia

Valencia is a very beautiful and in my opinion very underrated city.

The ship berths a fair distance from the city and the shuttle does not drop off in the centre. Despite all the problems in the terminal primarily caused by the embarkation of MSC passengers and no Azamara presence we had always intended to take a taxi. The day we were there was also the hottest of our cruise with temperatures in the 90's.

We had no issues, got a taxi immediately and found the cost very reasonable as we remembered from a previous visit.

Laurie I am sure you will enjoy your day there - there is a great deal to see and enjoy.

I liked Valencia very much and also I think I will prefer it to Barcelona. We return at New Year on Viking so I am sure we will have more time to explore the city centre which was very hot and crowded. We loved The City of Arts and Science with its spectacular modern architecture.

In Azamara's defence the shuttle bus did drop us just across the bridge from the City Centre at Puente de los Serranos.

For those in Valencia in September an enquiry re the location of the shuttle bus stop will solve the problem if Azamara have not already addressed the problem.

I have no doubt Viking will do it differently. On arrival at Barcelona airport on our last cruise with them there were numerous Viking people pointing the way to their shuttle bus about every 10 yards. At the time I thought it was 'overkill' - in Valencia one person with a visible sign would be adequate.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/a0c085521e5e061cd0e52dfbc8722bcd.jpg[/img

Don’t know if this image will load, but it is of the gates leading into the old city of Valencia.

The shuttle drops you off just to the west of the gate and there is a delightful looking green belt that you cross to arrive at the gate.

There was no one present set up on Deck 4 to provide maps and information and that created a bit of the problem. But once you exit to the port entrance there is a very helpful information centre.

Now that you know there is a shuttle provided the whole process will be easy.

For what it’s worth, in our opinion the Cathedral is worth the price and the central market, and the walk thereto, is of great interest

Sent from my iPhone using Forums