Room on deck two on Enchantment

We were in midship cabin 2578 in May and never heard anything. I was also concerned about this deck when I was assigned it with a guarantee. Not sure if your cabin is aft or forward though.

Our first cruise was on Enchantment in 2001, before the stretch. We had a cabin on deck 2 near the bow of the ship. If I remember correctly, it was cabin #2018. When coming into port you could hear noises from the anchor and/or mooring lines being deployed. It was not terribly obnoxious but you could definitely hear it. If you were to get a little further back, I don't think you would notice anything at all.

How bad are the rooms on deck two on the enchantment . Can you hear the engines and feel viberation ? Thanks

Diane cruiseclues

I could feel the vibration and hear the engines, but very faintly. It was more comforting than anything else, about on par with a white noise machine and a smooth car ride. Put me right to sleep each night :)

• 1 month later...

Bumping this old thread up to hear more opinions on Deck 2. We're planning to sail on the Enchantment next march and I'm debating between deck 2 and Deck 4.

Our last cruise was on the Liberty of the Seas and we were on Deck 8 which I loved. However, the few times we felt seasick were when we were in the theatre on Deck 2. We really felt the motion of the ship there. That makes me super hesistant to book anything on Deck 2. However, the Deck 4 cabins I'm looking at is right beneath Boleros - and I think that might not be a good idea at all.

Help!

Bumping this old thread up to hear more opinions on Deck 2. We're planning to sail on the Enchantment next march and I'm debating between deck 2 and Deck 4.

Our last cruise was on the Liberty of the Seas and we were on Deck 8 which I loved. However, the few times we felt seasick were when we were in the theatre on Deck 2. We really felt the motion of the ship there. That makes me super hesistant to book anything on Deck 2. However, the Deck 4 cabins I'm looking at is right beneath Boleros - and I think that might not be a good idea at all.

Help!

The middle of the ship is where you normally feel the least movement, so being in the theatre puts you in the front which has more movement.

Oh that's a VERY good point!! So maybe Deck 2 midship will be a good idea after all....

We loved our Deck 8 aft (nearer to mid) ship location last time but we do have folks who worry about seasickness so that's the most important consideration to us.

We were near the bow of the ship on Enchantment on our last cruise. We heard the anchor go down at each port. It woke us up each morning. :mad: But, it did not last long. We had rough seas one day and could feel the ship raise up and slap down on the waves--book midship!

You will not hear a peep!

Not always true.

We were on a different ship in an aft cabin on the lowest passenger deck.

The captain needed to travel at near full speed to make up lost time.

Bottom line - the noise and vibration were terrible and kept us up as long as the captain maintained that speed.

I would definitely advise to NOT book a cabin in the aft of the ship on the lowest passenger deck.

We were about 3/4 of the way to the rear of the ship on deck 2 on our Bermuda cruise last year and had no problems with noise. We probably could have used a little noise in the morning as we ended up sleeping later than we wanted in the all-blackness of the room!

• 5 years later...
We were in midship cabin 2578 in May and never heard anything. I was also concerned about this deck when I was assigned it with a guarantee. Not sure if your cabin is aft or forward though.

lorraineP. Were you on Liberty if the Seas? How was that cabin? We have that same one. I’m debating on upgrading...we got such a good deal but I’m worried it will be noisy and you you feel the movement too much. Last time I was on LOS I was on deck 7 and lived it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums