Grandeur Retirement

Hope not since we booked a back to back cruise beginning April 4, 2020.

Lol.....I just checked RCCL website. Geeezzzz....I wish I did not start this thread until I checked first. Guess it is just another BS rumor. Sorry folks..

Someone posted on the Grandeur FB page, that the Grandeur has been confirmed to retire on April 4.2020. I know there have been prior rumors, but this seems to be official. Anyone here heard the same yet?
So what you're actually saying is Pullmantur is getting a new ship!!

No problem.

I think it might happen after our second half of the B2B since there are no sailings after the April 16th 8 day.

Right now I can't find any RC cruises after April 2020 so does that mean they are all being retired?

Just seems a lot of old RCI main fleet ships go to Pullmantur or Marella (formerly Thomson) Cruises.

I agree, and I believe Majesty was destined to go to Pullmantur a while back, but somewhere I read that Pulmantur did not have the business to support another ship, so Majesty stayed with RC.

Right now I can't find any RC cruises after April 2020 so does that mean they are all being retired?

Well it appears that you are correct. I had only searched Grandeur cruises so was not aware it was the same fleetwide.

Well it appears that you are correct. I had only searched Grandeur cruises so was not aware it was the same fleetwide.

When RCI releases their new itineraries, virtually all the schedules for all ships are till April 2 years later.

If Royal finds a buyer it won't matter if they have cruises booked or not.

We're talking Royal here.....they don't care if you have a reservation. You'll get cancelled with a choice of your deposit back or some OBC and price protection.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It's sad that the Vision Class seem to be going. Lady G is certainly an icon in the fleet, but perhaps it is time for her to move on. The issue here though is Baltimore. What could replace her?

It's sad that the Vision Class seem to be going. Lady G is certainly an icon in the fleet, but perhaps it is time for her to move on. The issue here though is Baltimore. What could replace her?

There is a bridge that the ship must pass under to get to the port, which limits the ships Royal can use there.

There is a bridge that the ship must pass under to get to the port, which limits the ships Royal can use there.

It limits them to EN, VI and RH. EN is probably pencilled in for the 4/5/5 from Texas, whilst I see them trying to maximize RH while they can still go to Venice. My bet is that VI will go to Baltimore as they can replace her with a Radiance Class on her itineraries.

I was told by an Officer on the ship that it will be replaced in 2019 and that was a few years ago that I was told that.

Wendy

We were told by an officer on Majesty that she was getting Chops. Never happened. All I'm saying is that plans change.

Someone posted on the Grandeur FB page, that the Grandeur has been confirmed to retire on April 4.2020. I know there have been prior rumors, but this seems to be official. Anyone here heard the same yet?

I hope not .We have cruised 4 years in a row on the Grandeur ,same cabin .

I hope not .We have cruised 4 years in a row on the Grandeur ,same cabin .

I have sailed twice and have two more booked.

Last one and the next two are all in the same cabin.

Yeah, we like Lady G.