123 is back starting June 2

Cruise Junky

The sailing I would like to do, is December 2015, from what I have read in the t&cs the infinity sailing which are excluded are from December 14 to March 15.

I would but I am looking at transferring a cruise from this year to that one and I already have it booked through my ta, If I just cancel it I stand to lose my deposit.

The sailing I would like to do, is December 2015, from what I have read in the t&cs the infinity sailing which are excluded are from December 14 to March 15.

I would but I am looking at transferring a cruise from this year to that one and I already have it booked through my ta, If I just cancel it I stand to lose my deposit.

The T&C says "Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition,

Transatlantic, Transpacific, and South America Celebrity Infinity cruises departing Dec. 4, 2014 and March 15, 2015" Not between Dec 4 and Dec 15."

That is a copy and paste from:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/14038839_CEL_123Go_June_Offer.pdf

There are a number of repo cruises I thought which may also be excluded, but without your sailing date, it's hard to tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the info, the sailing date I'm looking at is December 5th 2015.

It might be classed as a repo cruise as it's going from Fort Lauderdale to South America.

It may not specifically listed, but it is the same cruise specificially excluded on Dec 4 in 2014 as Dec 5 in 2015.

Happy sailing

Jenna

On some sites ( if course can not find that again) states 123 promotion. You get 2 perks. I can get drink package and pre-paid gratuities. Is this true?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On some sites ( if course can not find that again) states 123 promotion. You get 2 perks. I can get drink package and pre-paid gratuities. Is this true?

This is true for any site, where the cruise is in Europe (starting and ending in Europe). Check with your travel agent or Celebrity to confirm the specific cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It depends on where you're sailing. Europe, you can select two of the three perks. Alaska, Caribbean, select one of the three.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-promotion

Some travel agents may also be offering additional perks, i.e. you get the drink package from Celebrity and they are giving you prepaid gratuities (and that distinction just may not be clear on their website).

Very true!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Some travel agents may also be offering additional perks, i.e. you get the drink package from Celebrity and they are giving you prepaid gratuities (and that distinction just may not be clear on their website).

Definitely. I know one big online agency that is offering all three for Europe

Booked a 2015 Europe cruise when bookings first opened and got early deployment OBC of $250. If I added the 123go, I would choose the beverage package and the OBC. So would I get to have the beverage package and have my $250 OBC replaced with $300 OBC? And get 25 bonus points? Also, since the price of the cruise increased $236 pp since March, do I have to pay the higher price to get this promotion applied? Thanks.

Booked a 2015 Europe cruise when bookings first opened and got early deployment OBC of $250. If I added the 123go, I would choose the beverage package and the OBC. So would I get to have the beverage package and have my $250 OBC replaced with $300 OBC? And get 25 bonus points? Also, since the price of the cruise increased $236 pp since March, do I have to pay the higher price to get this promotion applied? Thanks.

You'll almost definitely have to pay the higher price to get the added perks. You can probably replace or possibly add your early deployment with the 123 perks but it will depend on the origial rate, if it was a special rate, if you're in a group, and more. Call whoever you booked the cuise through, it is the only way to know.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna gave you good information. I'll just add to it based on our recent experience where we added the perks to our existing Europe 2015 booking. You should be able to get the 25 points plus early deployment OBC of $250 plus the 123 Go perks of beverage package and OBC. You can combine two Celebrity promotions for which, in your case, one is World Tour early deployment and one is the 123 Go of which you can choose two perks because of its being a Europe cruise. You can also possibly get a bonus from your TA that is combinable too. That is what we were able to do with our existing March booking for Europe next year - combine our early deployment obc with two 123 Go perks and also get the 25 points. The points are supposed to be automatic when getting the 123 Go but not applied until post cruise. BUT, as Jenna said, you will likely have to pay the new cruise rate per person (unless. . . .) so that will eat into your gains. As Jenna recommended, check with your travel agent to verify everything and make the decision that best benefits you.

Kathy

You'll almost definitely have to pay the higher price to get the added perks. You can probably replace or possibly add your early deployment with the 123 perks but it will depend on the origial rate, if it was a special rate, if you're in a group, and more. Call whoever you booked the cuise through, it is the only way to know.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

That is also what I was wondering....does the $300 OBC replace my original $250 OBC, or since the deployment was one promotion to which you could add or combine with another promotion do you get to keep both?

Jenna gave you good information. I'll just add to it based on our recent experience where we added the perks to our existing Europe 2015 booking. You should be able to get the 25 points plus early deployment OBC of $250 plus the 123 Go perks of beverage package and OBC. You can combine two Celebrity promotions for which, in your case, one is World Tour early deployment and one is the 123 Go of which you can choose two perks because of its being a Europe cruise. You can also possibly get a bonus from your TA that is combinable too. That is what we were able to do with our existing March booking for Europe next year - combine our early deployment obc with two 123 Go perks and also get the 25 points. The points are supposed to be automatic when getting the 123 Go but not applied until post cruise. BUT, as Jenna said, you will likely have to pay the new cruise rate per person (unless. . . .) so that will eat into your gains. As Jenna recommended, check with your travel agent to verify everything and make the decision that best benefits you.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy. Good to hear. I will be calling tomorrow!

That is also what I was wondering....does the $300 OBC replace my original $250 OBC, or since the deployment was one promotion to which you could add or combine with another promotion do you get to keep both?

People have reported being able to keep their early booking OBC and then being able to select from 123 so I think you said you were doing the med. You should be able to add the drink package and either the extra OBC or Gratuities

People have reported being able to keep their early booking OBC and then being able to select from 123 so I think you said you were doing the med. You should be able to add the drink package and either the extra OBC or Gratuities

We had early deployment of $250 OBC. We got the drinks package added and our OBC was increased to $300. We are sailing in Europe.

We were in same situation (300$ OBC and 300$ booking reduction) for our cruise in December 2014. Yesterday X did canceled the 300$ OBC and replaced it by the Premium Beverage Package. We had to pay 300$ more as the booking reduction was also cancelled.

hmmm isn't that strange. i called and was told i would have to cancel the booking - $100pp - and then book with the special. HOWEVER i would lose the $300 booking reduction. apples to apples it just didn't make sense, even if they had waived the cancellation fees. basically instead of the drinks package we got the $300 booking reduction and i prefer to save off the room instead of having the drinks.

we have $300 OBC + $100 OBC from TA, $300 booking bonus and prepaid gratuities. good enough for me unless they have a better special at some point or the price drops.

(are you on reflection?)

hmmm isn't that strange. i called and was told i would have to cancel the booking - $100pp - and then book with the special. HOWEVER i would lose the $300 booking reduction. apples to apples it just didn't make sense, even if they had waived the cancellation fees. basically instead of the drinks package we got the $300 booking reduction and i prefer to save off the room instead of having the drinks.

we have $300 OBC + $100 OBC from TA, $300 booking bonus and prepaid gratuities. good enough for me unless they have a better special at some point or the price drops.

(are you on reflection?)

The cancellation fee must be you TA's charge as there is no charge by Celebrity to cancel

I had a cruise booked for next Dec 2015 to the Caribbean. At the time of booking (online through Celebrity) I got a loyalty OBC of $125 (Veranda).

A few days later I received in the mail the Captain's member promotion for an extra 25 member points with a booking. Also, the OBC was $200 or a Classic Beverage Package for two or free gratuities.

Called CC and asked the vacation planner if I could get the new promotion. She told me my sailing was not part of it. So here goes.....another couple booked the cruise with us and he got the 123 promotion (he's also an Elite) and he booked through the Captain's Club.

I went online and booked a dummy cruise on the same date and the promotion came up. So you can't always believe what they tell you.

So the next day I called back and got another vacation planner who looked at my reservation and she said IT WAS part of the promotion. Now I did change my cabin number to be with friends. She did check to make sure the price stayed the same...and it did.

She gave me the $200 OBC and I will be eligible for the 25 members points (which will make me Elite Plus).

Bottom line is....I did not have to cancel the original cruise and rebook it to get the new 123Go promotion. I always get good service from the Captain's Club....if you get the right person. Doesn't hurt to call back the next day and ask again.

Bottom line is....I did not have to cancel the original cruise and rebook it to get the new 123Go promotion. I always get good service from the Captain's Club....if you get the right person. Doesn't hurt to call back the next day and ask again.

i booked through a ta though so i don't think captain's club would help me. wouldn't i have to go through my ta?

i booked through a ta though so i don't think captain's club would help me. wouldn't i have to go through my ta?

Since you booked through a TA you would have to go through them. When we had the 123Go promo added to our existing booking we had to do a three way call with X and the TA.

• 2 weeks later...