MSC website foe a newbie

DiamondDiva

Ok, we have tried for 2 days on two different computers and 1 IPad to get onto the MSC site. All we get are blank pages on most

categories .

Any ideas why this is happening?

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

First time we have looked at MSC and we are interested in YC, but so far, nothing.

I have the same issue when trying to log in using a user name and password.

Try

Go to MSC USA

On the top right there a screen that says Login, with a drop down box

Click I have a existing booking. Put your booking number and name in and it works every time.

Try that and see how that works.

Bases5 and others,

Thanks for the ideas...may be the browser. But we do not even have a booking...cannot find info on cruises to even make one!

I can’t either! I’m trying to book Seaview for May and I get nothing in the drop downs. I’ve tried my phone, iPad and computer. Guess I’ll have to call.

Bases5 and others,

Thanks for the ideas...may be the browser. But we do not even have a booking...cannot find info on cruises to even make one!

I was having a similar issue yesterday... and as others have said, the MSC site can be pretty "buggy".

If you are wanting to research MSC sailings, you could probably get that information through third party TA sites. They don't seem to have such issues.

What is it about the cruise industry that results in such poor websites? The travel industry in general has excellent websites. It seems to be an issue unique to cruise companies. Celebrity, Holland America and MSC seem, from my experience, to be among the worst. In most cases the problems have existed for many years - even after the rollout of major website overhauls (Celebrity). I can understand one company having an inept IT dept., but not an entire industry.

What is it about the cruise industry that results in such poor websites? The travel industry in general has excellent websites. It seems to be an issue unique to cruise companies. Celebrity, Holland America and MSC seem, from my experience, to be among the worst. In most cases the problems have existed for many years - even after the rollout of major website overhauls (Celebrity). I can understand one company having an inept IT dept., but not an entire industry.

Agreed. Cruise companies are just horrid at developing websites. I tried for THREE DAYS to book a cruise on Seaside this weekend and could never get the site to work. And it is definitely their site as the TA websites dont work either. How does a global company have an excuse for that?

It not only affects us, but the employees as well.

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone, trying to book a cruise. The agent could not find my name etc...although I gave her my Black Card number that had been straightened out a few weeks ago. So...I have the price....just waiting for them to confirm that I exist.

There system has to be the worst...in the industry!

The website (MSC USA) is back up and running. No problems here... checked both of my bookings using the website, checked my cruise in September using MSC for Me APP and did a mock booking for next year on the website. Everything works again :)

When I log in, I get my Black Card number....the same number they sent me by e-mail few weeks ago (there was confusion then) come up.

But...when the rep puts it into the system, I don't exist. Then, when she puts in my name, it comes up with a variation of my name. I have a very easy first name. It adds my middle name (which is my maiden name) as part of the first name...lol.

I think the problem is "me specific" at this point.

I like to have everything flow easy...so no surprises later on (like....I didn't book the cruise).

We got into the MSC website for a while today and were able to see a few trips. Always funny to us how so many cruiselines can manage to feed, house, and entertain thousands of people at once, but cannot manage resonably efficient and user- friendly websites and booking systems.

Thanks for the help.