Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Phew! Exhausted! I left the cooler for a few days and Holy Moley Andy, the world turned! Have just read through about 6 pages to get caught up! In no particular order....Happy Anniversary, Bon Voyage, feel better quick, food looks wonderful, wine stack is much better than our former wood pile, still laughing over Liquor and Fireworks, Jeffy's vodka and oh that view.....those were only the high spots,

We're back from Newport.....no house. The one we looked at was cute, but perhaps a little too "quaint". Tiny rooms (less rooms more space would've been better) but not looking to redo. We could do that in our present house....haha. Will continue the search. High points of the weekend were seeing the Volvo Ocean race boats do an in port race on Saturday (weather abominable) and then see them off on Sunday....fog so thick it wasn't pea soup, more like chowder, but by some miracle, lifted at the start. We went out to the last marker to hail them on with banners and air horns for Vestas. Next stop is Cardiff....

Have a good week, all!

Good Afternoon Community of Coolers.

It is lovely to read and see all these funnies today and all the news updates.

Not a long note as the ipadwallah is very unfriendly to the digits. I was lucky to see Sophia’s note because it said in the title “Just a quickie ...... “ and I though it might have been fanmail! Only joking!!

Staying down on the balcony for a few more days as the weather has been sublime and opportunism is the over-riding rule for all things. Aren’t we lucky not have things we have to do. We don’t eat the same way as up the road but we do enjoy the fresh fish cooked simply (“let the fish speak for itself”) and anything that can look after itself in the oven. We didn’t turn the freezer on which is a mistake in ice cream weather.

Today was bought in lamb in gravy and veg and I have also posted a rather poor panorama from the balcony. Please forgive the poor technical quality.

e665f76b6488604a25a253d3d785562f.jpeg

6b5556b7635ed2396c119f238381d49f.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are indeed one very lucky gent J! Your balcony spot is like a piece of heaven and your wife seems like an angel. Why wouldn't you want to linger? :)

I love the boats! I can't swim a stroke and I love being on the water anyway!

Gorgeous photo J!

I need to vent for a bit. Fair warning! We are on a "Do Not Call" list. The only companies allowed to contact us are charities and polling companies and companies we have done business with in the past. We do not buy anything over the phone or at the door. Today a charity called to talk to Myster. He has donated to their cause in the past. I heard only his side of the conversation. After he listened to the caller for about 2 minutes he said "I don't want to donate at this time". He then listened to the caller for another 2 minutes and then repeated his comment "I don't want to donate at this time". He then listened for another 2 minutes and repeated his disinterest in donating. At this point I told him to hang up. He is the nicer of the two of us as I would have hung up promptly after the first time saying that I did not want to donate at this time. He did take my suggestion eventually and told the caller that he was going to terminate the call. Seriously.....this hard sell stuff is out of control. So many seniors are being sucked into things they can't use and don't need. Where are the ethics here? OK....rant over. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

That is very annoying M.

My broadband provider called me today - even though I ticked “no marketing calls”.

He started by asking me how I was today and so I told him.

“My knee is a lot better now thank you but it is still playing me up a bit. Another few pounds off might or might not do it but I’m optimistic. I’m still throat clearing a bit more than I like. Do you have any suggestions?” This seemed to confuse him a bit so he changed the subject and told me that he could save me half the cost of my monthly mobile phone bill if we used them. I told him I thought that was miraculous, so could he be a touch more specific. He uhmed and arghed for a while and it was then he asked me what I currently spent on mobile calls. “Nothing” I said “Absolutely nothing. I don’t use a mobile phone”. He hung up. Very disappointing. Any saving is always welcome, however small. [emoji3]

Tonight Bjork was on BBC TV dressed up as a turnip.

6fe699845b1743aa7653355ad8ea6279.jpg

Yes J! Most annoying! I do love your approach though! :) Maybe I should prepare a script for Myster and me. I'm sure I could come up with something that would thwart marketing efforts and entertain us at the same time. Thanks for the hint!

And Bjork is in a class by herself!

Update from Terry, who has had his knee surgery this morning at 730 am.

Was back from the OR and smiling at 11 am, seeming to enjoy the view of downtown from his hospital bed. He anticipates being home by Thursday afternoon. All went well!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greetings Coolers! Glorious weather this morning!

For today's funny I am taking a leaf from TTS's playbook. :) It's a test balloon. Not sure what the reaction will be.

"SPAGHETTI"

For several years, a man had been having an affair with an Italian

woman. One night, she confided to him that she was pregnant.

Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he paid her a large

sum of money if she would go back to Italy to secretly have the child.

Also, if she stayed in Italy to raise the child, he would provide child

support until the child turned 18. She agreed, but asked how he would

know when the baby was born.

To keep it discrete, he told her to simply mail him a postcard, and

write "Spaghetti" on the back when the child was born. He would then

arrange for the Child Support Payments to begin.

One day, about 8 months later, he came home to his confused wife.

"Honey," she said, "You received a very strange postcard today."

"Oh, just give it to me and I'll explain it later," he said.

The wife obeyed and watched as her husband read the card, turned white,

and fainted.

On the card was written:

Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti.

Three with meatballs, two without.

Send extra sauce.

Have a great day all!

That's some serious carbohydrate loading, mysty! Thanks for the laugh. Now I'm craving Spätzle!

Work today then off to Pennsylvania to see Chris's dad tomorrow. Then off to the airport for the Frankfurt trip!

Packing completed last night - just a backpack for me, plus what I'm wearing on the plane. Nothing beats traveling light.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers!

Perhaps a chuckle inducer......

A Riddle for Seniors!

Today's riddle for seniors...

Here is the situation:

You are on a horse, galloping

at a constant speed.

On your right side is a sharp

drop-off.

On your left side is an

elephant traveling at the same speed as you.

Directly in front of you is a

galloping kangaroo and your horse is unable to overtake

it.

Behind you is a lion running

at the same speed as you and the kangaroo.

What must you do to get out of this highly dangerous situation?

see answer below

Get off the merry-go-round and go home; you've had enough excitement for one day...

Have a great day all!

Good morning all!

Lovely one M! Two possibilities. Wake yourself up and vow never to eat cheese late at night again, or get off the merry-go-round!

Today I shucked a couple of dozen oysters which we had with sourdough and Bredon champers ....

3a71d95fa99b57eb4989787f8f4c7833.jpg

debfd21403d14d2c1772a2a3bc842401.jpg

f0754a549b4b50dfbb02eac14c279442.jpg

OOOOOH J! That looks delicious! Forgive my ignorance....what is the lovely red concoction in the bowl?

It is simply red wine vinegar with chopped shallots. It was what we are always given when we are in Nice or Cannes with a plate. With a drop of chilli in the bottle. :)