Independence of seas refit question

StoogeUK

• 1 month later...
She is right now on her last cruise before dry dock. Next cruise is on May 15 out of Southampton. Is she getting her dry dock in Freeport or in the UK?

Disregard

Edited by Host Clarea

I thought that the May 5th has been cancelled or do you meana TA without passengers?

You are correct, sorry, didn't look close enough to see that the site I used says "sold out". for that cruise.

She is right now on her last cruise before dry dock. Next cruise is on May 15 out of Southampton. Is she getting her dry dock in Freeport or in the UK?

Freeport!

My cousin is crew and is flying out from the UK to Freeport to join at the end of dry dock, to sail back to the UK (without guests) as her first cruise three days later... :confused:

Freeport!

My cousin is crew and is flying out from the UK to Freeport to join at the end of dry dock, to sail back to the UK (without guests) as her first cruise three days later... :confused:

Thanks for the update. Sounds like dry dock work will still be continuing on the TA,

Freeport!

Is Indy being fitted with warp drive during this refit?/!!!!!;p

If you access the ship's live webcam you can watch as they squeeze those staterooms onto deck 12 forward. At least I think that's what I'm looking at! You can also view time lapse for each day. The jogging track was torn up in no time flat.....

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/independence-of-the-seas/live-camera/#royal-caribbean-independence-of-the-seas

It may get interesting on some European sailings as that's the area one might see some topless sunbathing.:cool:

Emphasis on the 'some'. We're doing Norway on Independence in late July. Let's say I'm not hopeful.

Strike that. Let's say I'm hopeful but not confident!

It may get interesting on some European sailings as that's the area one might see some topless sunbathing.:cool:

I thought the crazy golf course was being relocated to that area of the ship, surely even the most ardent naturalist would not sunbathe topless in a children's play area!:o