Maya Chan Beach Resort?

DaniellefromOttawa

This looks like a great alternative to Maya Palms, as they do include transportation in their price. I would really perfer just to go to Mahajual, but there are 3 big ships in Costa Maya the date we are there, and I fear it will just be too crowded. I hope someone with first-hand knowledge will report.

I really like the idea of 30 people or less at the beach area Maya Chan. But does anyone know exactly how much it is per person. Is It $64 pp or $64 for 2 people.:confused:

It would be $64 per person. Your best bet would be to try to get a group together to

lower the price. Maybe cruisers on your roll call would be interested.

It would be $64 per person. Your best bet would be to try to get a group together to

lower the price. Maybe cruisers on your roll call would be interested.

Thanks...that's a great idea. I did read that on their website. I think the pp price is not bad since it includes tip and taxi and all.

Did anyone from here travel in a "Group".

I will have 5 people and considered a group.

Would this mean I would have to share my palapa with others or not have one?

Having a palapa big enough for us and lounge chairs is very important.

Groups must all travel together for group rates and share a private palapa within the resort. Singles and Couples areas will be setup between Palapa 3 & 4 with moveable palapa umbrellas.

Also, approximatley how long is it from the CCL Dream pier?

I see food is served from 12 pm - 3pm. We dock at 7 am and depart at 3 pm.

I hope we can get there for early morning to relax.

Thank you all for any other information you can give me. It looks like a good possiblity for our family of 5 although I hate spending hundreds for a beach day, I do not want to be on that main strip of beach it looks way too crowded.

Thank you.

I e-mailed Marc and got a very quick response to my questions for my family of 5.

I showed my dh and he said it looked really nice but even paying $52 pp for my family of 5, he said it sounds/looks too good to be true. Is this an excursion that many have done.

I won't be crusing until August 2010 but will book now to reserve our spot if many have done.

Thanks.

We won't be going to Maya Chan until our Dream cruise, so I'll report back and let you know then. Hopefully, in the meantime, someone can give us a first hand account.

I do know that Mark has been wonderful to work with! He's very quick to answer any questions or concerns that we've had, and that does give me a good feeling about the resort.

We won't be going to Maya Chan until our Dream cruise' date=' so I'll report back and let you know then. Hopefully, in the meantime, someone can give us a first hand account.

I do know that Mark has been wonderful to work with! He's very quick to answer any questions or concerns that we've had, and that does give me a good feeling about the resort.[/quote']

Okay...I really am going crazy. This post was not here this morning, so I typed up another one. NOW, this post is here but the one from this morning isn't! Guess that one will show up tomorrow, lol

Does anyone know if the jungle beach break given on the Liberty of the Seas Shore and land excursions is the Maya Chan Beach Resort? It doesn't say the name of the beach and by the sounds of the maya Chan we would like to go there when we stop there in jan? Also what is a Palpala? And does the one price really cover your transportation, food and beverages?

Hi. Has any one been to the Mayachan Beach property? I read comments about Maya Palms that it was not suitable for swimming because of the sea grass and I wondered if it is the same problem at Mayachan. They have a nice website but there really aren't that many good pictures of the beach. Any one have pics of the Mayachan Beach? I realize they only take about 30 people at a time, but I wonder if they have enough equipment if everyone wants to snorkel. Do you just snorkel from the beach or do they have other arrangements? Thanks...newbie here

Hi everyone we were at the Maya chan beach resort last Tuesday Nov 17 and we had a really great time. The atmosphere is laid back, relaxing and great food. The food is homemade from the nachos and dip to the steak, chicken or fish fajitas. Wonderful. The drinks were flowing freely too. The beach really isnt all that great though lots of seaweed on the beach and the water was murky. The kids played in the sand but thats about it. None of us swam in the ocean. Overall it was a great place to visit if you want sun and relaxation but to swim in crystal clear ocean water no way.

Murky water and seaweed covered beach....hmmm I wonder if I can get my deposit back. Is there any place in that area that has clean sandy beaches and clear water?

Hi not sure if there is a nice beach area in Costa Maya. I know there is a beach right off the pier but didnt really take a great look. The pool area at the pier was very busy and very loud, party zone so we stayed away with the kids. I hope you find something you will enjoy.

Our review of Maya Chan - Great day!! One of the best excursions we've been on. They picked us up outside the port area beyond the fence. Taxi to and from was included. These are really nice guys who run the place. We had a drink in hand soon after getting there followed by some fruit cups. We had a covered area at the edge of the property complete with hammock and beach bed with pillows. (Important for me was the shade due to skin cancer.) We had a lovely view of the beach. I think there were only 13 of us there that day so it was private and quiet which was what we wanted. If you want party and action and crowds stay in Costa Maya or at the pier. No beach is very nice in Costa Maya IMO. They then brought us salsa and chips ( more drinks of course if you want). The DH then went out on Kayaks and they snorkled out away from the beach from the kayaks. They had about 6 kayaks there with life jackets and snorkel equipment - one of the guys went with them. Then it was time for lunch which was great, more drinks and then a nap. Lovely!! The DH then went on a bike ride with some of the guests. This was perfect for us. Rest and relaxation for me, great food and drink and activity for the DH. If you're not going to ruins and want a quiet beach day this is the place. We will be back!!!

Our review of Maya Chan - Great day!! One of the best excursions we've been on. They picked us up outside the port area beyond the fence. Taxi to and from was included. These are really nice guys who run the place. We had a drink in hand soon after getting there followed by some fruit cups. We had a covered area at the edge of the property complete with hammock and beach bed with pillows. (Important for me was the shade due to skin cancer.) We had a lovely view of the beach. I think there were only 13 of us there that day so it was private and quiet which was what we wanted. If you want party and action and crowds stay in Costa Maya or at the pier. No beach is very nice in Costa Maya IMO. They then brought us salsa and chips ( more drinks of course if you want). The DH then went out on Kayaks and they snorkled out away from the beach from the kayaks. They had about 6 kayaks there with life jackets and snorkel equipment - one of the guys went with them. Then it was time for lunch which was great, more drinks and then a nap. Lovely!! The DH then went on a bike ride with some of the guests. This was perfect for us. Rest and relaxation for me, great food and drink and activity for the DH. If you're not going to ruins and want a quiet beach day this is the place. We will be back!!!

Thanks for posting that review, cruiselvr. It helps us make our decision!

They paddled out quite a ways, to the reef there. The water was clear. Not the best snorkling ever but Costa Maya is not known for that. He did see some colorful fish. They got back in the kayaks and paddled back to shore. It was a good work out before lunch.

Archived