Old FCC vs New FCC

KruzPrincess

Can anyone tell me the difference between the old FCC and the new one? Besides the expiration dates' is there any difference? I know this has been discussed before, but I'm away from home and the search option doesn't seem to work on this tablet. I have both old and new FCC's and I need to deposit a cruise before I get home. Thank you.

What is a FCC ?

Future Cruise Credit is where you can only buy them onboard for $100 pp, which is your deposit for your next cruise and you get OBC depending on the cat and length of your cruise

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I was thinking of booking an inside cabin on a 10 day cruise. I usually book a balcony, but thought I'd try an inside to see if I can be happy there. I knew there must be some difference, but couldn't remember what.

I think it was the OV cabins that took the biggest hit; they used to be grouped with the balconies and up, now they are grouped with the insides. Number of days at each level was also adjusted so that a 10 day sailing in an OV went from $100 pp to $25 pp.

I remember the new FCC starting up last year. Did they grandfather in any older FCC's. In other words, I think the old rules were more favorable to a 16 day cruise. Is the OBC determined when the cruise was booked or when it is taken?

Thanks

I remember the new FCC starting up last year. Did they grandfather in any older FCC's. In other words, I think the old rules were more favorable to a 16 day cruise. Is the OBC determined when the cruise was booked or when it is taken?

Thanks

The new FCCs started to be issued about one year ago. FCCs issued before that continue to have the OBC amounts listed on those OBCs.

In September of last year, the FCCs started being good for two years, not four, but some have posted you can call have have them extended to four years if nor used in two years.

Below I have listed the differences between the old and new OBC values. I have different time periods so that the OBC for the amount of days is an apples-to-apples comparison. I have listed the per person OBC.

When there is a difference, I have made the better OBC bold.

……………Length……………..Inside………….Oceanview…….Balcony/Mini/Suite

Old……..7-9 days…………..$25…………………..$50……………………..$50

New…..7-9 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

Old……..10 days……….…..$75…………………..$100…………………..$100

New…...10 days……………$25…………………..$25……………………..$50

Old……..11-15 days….…..$75…………………..$100…………………..$100

New…..11-15 days…..…..$75…………………..$75..…………………..$100

Old……..16 days……….…..$125………………..$150…………………..$150

New…...16 days……….…..$75…….…………..$75..…………………..$100

Old……..17+ days……….…..$125………………..$150…………………..$150

New…...17+ days……….…..$125…..…………..$125..………………..$150

Also last year they introduced OBC for voyages shorter that 7 days.

3-6 Days $15 (Inside/oceanview) $25 (Balcony/mini/suite)

I got the shock of my life when I booked my Pacific Coastal cruise a few days ago! Booked an OV for a 7-day cruise... $25 instead of the $75 I was expecting!

I think this will make me think twice before buying FCC's....

I'm not happy with these change, but if one is going again, it's still a no brainer; no deposit AND ship board credit. Pretty good return I'd say.

I'm not happy with these change, but if one is going again, it's still a no brainer; no deposit AND ship board credit. Pretty good return I'd say.

I got the shock of my life when I booked my Pacific Coastal cruise a few days ago! Booked an OV for a 7-day cruise... $25 instead of the $75 I was expecting!

I think this will make me think twice before buying FCC's....

Why? What could possible be the down side on using one? If you do not use it it just seems like giving up some OBC for no reason.

Archived