Beverage Package Price Increase On Board

pmfm

Just received a phone call from a very nice young lady who is from the Celebrity Experience Team (????). She wanted to know if I had any questions about our upcoming cruise - Oct. 12 on the Infinity - and if she could help with any excursions, beverage packages, etc. I've taken care of everything so there was nothing she could do for me.

However she did say that they were notified last week that if you buy the beverage package on board it will be anywhere from $1 to $5 more a day depending on the package than if you bought it before the cruise started. Our cruise is October 12 so I don't know if anyone is going to affected by this before that date but I just wanted to get this information out there.

Pat

Just received a phone call from a very nice young lady who is from the Celebrity Experience Team (????). She wanted to know if I had any questions about our upcoming cruise - Oct. 12 on the Infinity - and if she could help with any excursions, beverage packages, etc. I've taken care of everything so there was nothing she could do for me.

However she did say that they were notified last week that if you buy the beverage package on board it will be anywhere from $1 to $5 more a day depending on the package than if you bought it before the cruise started. Our cruise is October 12 so I don't know if anyone is going to affected by this before that date but I just wanted to get this information out there.

Pat

Hi Pat

have you posted this on the roll call for this cruise?

Thanks

Yvonne

Did she say if this was a price increase going forward (ie after Oct is the price going up even if you buy in advance) or is it just an incentive for people to buy in advance?

I didn't ask any questions about this because I don't buy the beverage packages. All I know is that she said it would be more expensive if you bought it on board rather than before the cruise.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity booking a cruise, and my question was if we received the beverage package with the pick your perk promotion, when and where should we upgrade it to the premium package. She told me I should do it with her because she just got an e-mail that the price would be going up onboard.

Thank you. That changes things a bit.

You're welcome. I saw that you were from the Show Me State. :D

In looking at the pricing, it's interesting that they've still kept the difference between the Classic Alcohol Package and the Premium Alcohol Package the $10 they need to advertise the upgrade; what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make a difference whether you upgrade when you're on the ship or beforehand if you move your 1-2-3-Go Promo from Classic to Premium. (if I'm interpreting the information correctly)...

alert... can of worms...

UNLESS, they feel that the 1-2-3-Go Promo is at the preboard price of $44 and the upgrade would be the onboard price of $59, in which case we would see the price adjustment increase to $15 + 15% service charge.. or $17.25 a day.

I wonder if we're going to also see that type of price increase in the future?

I didn't see a date on the flyer for when it would take effect. And also didn't see any type of explanation about upgrades. Interesting to think about.

Edit: Wow, posting at the same time. That sure didn't take long! So it appears that the price adjustment will be made to the $15 price increase then?

Edited by Member123

You're welcome. I saw that you were from the Show Me State. :D

In looking at the pricing, it's interesting that they've still kept the difference between the Classic Alcohol Package and the Premium Alcohol Package the $10 they need to advertise the upgrade; what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make a difference whether you upgrade when you're on the ship or beforehand if you move your 1-2-3-Go Promo from Classic to Premium. (if I'm interpreting the information correctly)...

alert... can of worms...

UNLESS, they feel that the 1-2-3-Go Promo is at the preboard price of $44 and the upgrade would be the onboard price of $59, in which case we would see the price adjustment increase to $15 + 15% service charge.. or $17.25 a day.

I wonder if we're going to also see that type of price increase in the future?

I didn't see a date on the flyer for when it would take effect. And also didn't see any type of explanation about upgrades. Interesting to think about.

Edit: Wow, posting at the same time. That sure didn't take long! So it appears that the price adjustment will be made to the $15 price increase then?

You're right, and I don't really know the answer to that but I am just glad we got in before the promotion ends!:D

Pat

Makes sense to me as a marketing/sales strategy.

Can a reservation held by a TA process the upgrade to the classic packages in advance? Any tricks to share with them to get it right?

This is an amazingly horrible change.

You can do the upgrade yourself just call the same number you would for restaurant reservations. Check the website. Sorry I don't have the number handy.

Can a reservation held by a TA process the upgrade to the classic packages in advance? Any tricks to share with them to get it right?

This is an amazingly horrible change.

Our TA did our upgrade and adjusted our final payment. Paid final last month & the upgrade to the Premium package is showing in the Celebrity reservation.

I wonder what date it is going up? Like, we are on the infinity on mon 30th with free classic package. We were planning to upgrade to premium on 3rd day (2nd oct) as first day we just arrived and 2nd day we are in Paris for the day. But if it is going up $5 a day pp from 1st oct for example we would be better off upgrading now for full 12 days.

This is interesting. We are just off the Solstice and on the first day a group of women next to us in the Passport Bar were trying to decide in speaking with the bartender whether or not to buy a beverage package. The one woman kept saying she didn't understand why the price he was quoting her was higher than what she'd seen on Celebrity's website. I thought perhaps she had it wrong but now I'm wondering.