Constellation Transatlantic – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Wine-O

Nothing is bad or ugly – We’re at sea on Celebrity. :)

This is the first M-Class we’ve taken across the pond, and into day two, loving every minute of it.

Here are some changes/observations:

Dining – We’ve been in Blu over the last few years, and first time in the MDR in a while. Dining times for first and second seating is 5:45 and 8:15. We were used to 6 & 8:30, and sometimes 8:45 in the Med, but never seen 8:15.

Food – miss Blu, but food in the MDR has been excellent.

Elite events -- Morning breakfast in both Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grill. Over 1600 Elites on board.

Elite Happy Hour extended hours from 4:30 to 7pm. All bars except Martini, Michael’s, and MDR. Michael’s used as a lounge for Zenith & Suites.

Needless to say, we have vouchers. All vouchers have the date, your name, and your stateroom number printed on them – 3 per person.

Limes – talked with the bar Manager. No limes the first day, but some magically appeared in the Reflections Lounge during the first Happy Hour. We brought ½ dozen of our own.

Aqua Spa Café – The grilled/poached tuna & salmon, and grilled chicken & pork loin are back on the luncheon menu. Today they had a special – that Thai pork wrapped in lettuce.

We’re in a 2B stateroom, and miss the frost-free mirrors we had in AQ.

Internet - Slow as expected. Told we would have faster service closer to Lisbon. They are changing over to a new system. Constellation one of the first. No need to go down to the iLounge to sign up any longer and no need to bring your coupon. If you have a coupon from a previous sailing, it won’t work on Constellation. You have to just open up your browser, and you will be directed to create an account, put in your seapass 8-digit folio number, and up pops the package you are entitled. As Elite + we got the free 240 minute package instead of the 200 minute offered on the coupon. They are going to implement this procedure fleet wide.

More as the cruise goes on.

Thanks so much for your post. We are getting on Connie May 9 in AMS. Can you let us know who the officers are on board?

Also---any update on the spa?

Again--thanks for the information.

Thanks so much for your post. We are getting on Connie May 9 in AMS. Can you let us know who the officers are on board?

Also---any update on the spa?

That Gimletgal provided an update for Constellation [see post 2588] this morning...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=862734

I heard--but do not know for certain--that the current Captain may well be going on home leave following the Transatlantic or shortly thereafter...

Don't know what it is that you'd like to know about the spa but I, too, got off on Thursday and Canyon Ranch managed the services last cruise...

Thanx for the updates.

Limes – talked with the bar Manager. No limes the first day, but some magically appeared in the Reflections Lounge during the first Happy Hour. We brought ½ dozen of our own.

You brought your own ? Now that's funny. Maybe you can sell them on the black market. :D

1800 elites...wow! I tried those lettuce roll ups in the aqua spa cafe and if you haven't already tried them, don't....there was barely enough lettuce to even get under the ground pork. Maybe they've improved though.

1800 elites...wow! I tried those lettuce roll ups in the aqua spa cafe and if you haven't already tried them, don't....there was barely enough lettuce to even get under the ground pork. Maybe they've improved though.

We were on the cruise right before the TA and were told 1200 Elites & 1800 Captains Club members on the TA. Don't know if 1800 Elites is possible since the ship capacity is 2300-2400. Even at 1200 that is 50% of everyone onboard:)

I heard--but do not know for certain--that the current Captain may well be going on home leave following the Transatlantic or shortly thereafter...

We were on the cruise just prior to the TA.

The captain is going home right after the TA.

His wife is expecting VERY soon after the TA:)

Activities Staff – There was a recent thread about cutbacks on the number of people on the Activities Staff. Not on Constellation. I’ve noticed so many that they seem to be tripping all over themselves. :)

Activities Staff – There was a recent thread about cutbacks on the number of people on the Activities Staff. Not on Constellation. I’ve noticed so many that they seem to be tripping all over themselves. :)

Good to hear that!!!

The Captain is definitely leaving at the end of this cruise. The CC Club Hostess ,Rati is very good. She also has an assistant Dee from Guest relations. We were told that we won't have vouchers next week. So far everything is good. Food has been good and so is the entertainment. The DJ & Lady Sax are pretty bad. The evening shows have been very good. The food in the MDR has been good. I have not noticed excessively loud music. This Capt. is very visible around the ship and so is the hotel director & guest relations director.

It is amazing that 1500 Elites are on board. Are there any Pinnacles on board?

We were on for 28 days prior to the TA.

We were told that there would only be one Zenith couple on the TA.

They were also on the cruise before.

Any RCL Pinnacle members onboard would only be considered Elite by Celebrity.

They did not extend the reciprocity between brands past the Elite level.

Thanks for the info. On the Connie in 90+ days and can't wait.

Any talk about St Petersburg among the crew and whether or not they think they will visit in May or perhaps look at other alternatives?

Nothing is bad or ugly – We’re at sea on Celebrity. :)

This is the first M-Class we’ve taken across the pond, and into day two, loving every minute of it.

Here are some changes/observations:

Dining – We’ve been in Blu over the last few years, and first time in the MDR in a while. Dining times for first and second seating is 5:45 and 8:15. We were used to 6 & 8:30, and sometimes 8:45 in the Med, but never seen 8:15.

Food – miss Blu, but food in the MDR has been excellent.

Elite events -- Morning breakfast in both Ocean Liners and Tuscan Grill. Over 1600 Elites on board.

Elite Happy Hour extended hours from 4:30 to 7pm. All bars except Martini, Michael’s, and MDR. Michael’s used as a lounge for Zenith & Suites.

Needless to say, we have vouchers. All vouchers have the date, your name, and your stateroom number printed on them – 3 per person.

Aqua Spa Café – The grilled/poached tuna & salmon, and grilled chicken & pork loin are back on the luncheon menu. Today they had a special – that Thai pork wrapped in lettuce.

We’re in a 2B stateroom, and miss the frost-free mirrors we had in AQ.

Internet - Slow as expected. Told we would have faster service closer to Lisbon. They are changing over to a new system. Constellation one of the first. No need to go down to the iLounge to sign up any longer and no need to bring your coupon. If you have a coupon from a previous sailing, it won’t work on Constellation. You have to just open up your browser, and you will be directed to create an account, put in your seapass 8-digit folio number, and up pops the package you are entitled. As Elite + we got the free 240 minute package instead of the 200 minute offered on the coupon. They are going to implement this procedure fleet wide.

Do any of you know the name of the concerige? I have to contact him with some questions. I'm sailing on the 21st

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to send him an e-mail

If you are booked into a suite (Celebrity, Royal, Signature, Penthouse, or Reflection) or a Zenith, the concierge will contact you approximately one week prior to boarding the ship.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

If you are booked into a suite (Celebrity, Royal, Signature, Penthouse, or Reflection) or a Zenith, the concierge will contact you approximately one week prior to boarding the ship.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

That part I know, but I wanted to purchase some music for piano in my suite. I don't want to shell out all that money without knowing for sure what kind of disks it takes. It's kind of like a player piano, and can play itself. It depends on the make of the piano and if it uses hard or floppy disks. They're about 30 bucks each. If I wait for him to contact me I won't have enough time to order what I want.:D