Allure of the Seas W Caribbean Leaving Labadee

I noticed that RCCL website now shows the Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean itinerary with Nassau instead of Labadee for the winter 2015/2016 season. Does anyone know if RCCL has changed the ports for these cruises?

Are you looking at a specific date? We're going April 2016 on Eastern, and if I do a search of April 2016 in general, it rotates between Western and Eastern.

It appears to be just the Allure from 11/15/15 to 4/17/16. Both Eastern and Western are docking at Nassau. Last month the Eastern leg docked at Nassau and the Western at Labadee.

It appears to be just the Allure from 11/15/15 to 4/17/16. Both Eastern and Western are docking at Nassau. Last month the Eastern leg docked at Nassau and the Western at Labadee.

Oh, I see what you mean. I thought Nassau was usually only for Eastern. :confused:

But at least Nassau on the Western is from 7am - 5pm. Our Eastern cruise is only 7am - 2pm, which is quite useless. Not much time to do anything.

Edited by LuCruise

This doesn't make sense to me... Why on earth would they substitute Labadee with Nassau?! That Western itinerary with Nassau would definitely stop me from booking an Oasis class ship... I am so glad that my upcoming Oasis cruise includes Labadee! It's one of the reasons we booked the cruise! :D

This doesn't make sense to me... Why on earth would they substitute Labadee with Nassau?! That Western itinerary with Nassau would definitely stop me from booking an Oasis class ship... I am so glad that my upcoming Oasis cruise includes Labadee! It's one of the reasons we booked the cruise! :D

I have to agree with you. Labadee is the reason we did book this cruise. My thoughts on why they would do this is because they added another ship to Labadee on the same day during the busy winter season.

I am one of those that would actually prefer that itinerary. Having dealt with skin cancer surgery last year, and fair skinned already, Labadee is just a day on the ship for me. In Nassau there are things to do and places that I haven't seen yet. Of course, the nail in the coffin for me is my DW won't step foot on any ship larger than Freedom.

Edited by Piepkorn

It appears to be a website error thankfully. I just spoke with RCI and they confirmed my sailing on March 20, 2016 still ports in Labadee.

This is good news. However, they continue to keep the Nassau itinerary on their website and on all other travel sites. Are they now taking sales of cruises based on the wrong itinerary? I am concerned that RCI is not correcting the website if indeed it is wrong.

This is good news. However, they continue to keep the Nassau itinerary on their website and on all other travel sites. Are they now taking sales of cruises based on the wrong itinerary? I am concerned that RCI is not correcting the website if indeed it is wrong.

The agent I spoke to on the phone said that it can take up to two weeks to correct the websites. I think that is a crazy amount of time. The agent had no idea that there was even a problem until he pulled it up while on the line with me. So your point is a good one, what is happening to folks who are booking this based on the Nassau port?

Edited by thebugsear

The agent I spoke to on the phone said that it can take up to two weeks to correct the websites. I think that is a crazy amount of time. The agent had no idea that there was even a problem until he pulled it up while on the line with me. So your point is a good one, what is happening to folks who are booking this based on the Nassau port?

Nothing will happen to them. Royal has the ability to change itineraries whenever they want. I'm going to guess that most people who booked thinking they would get Nassau will be pretty happy when it gets switched to Labadee! :D

I am one of those that would actually prefer that itinerary. Having dealt with skin cancer surgery last year, and fair skinned already, Labadee is just a day on the ship for me. In Nassau there are things to do and places that I haven't seen yet. Of course, the nail in the coffin for me is my DW won't step foot on any ship larger than Freedom.

There are lots of very shady spots there, we also avoid the sun due to skin cancers and are covered up, with sunscreen but like the shady spots.

Sure hope they are wrong, Nassau is not a port we bother to get off to see.:eek:

• 1 month later...

OMG!!! Is this correct?

I am booked on Allure for January 31, 2016. I am going to St. Thomas, St. Martin and Nassau. I almost didn't book due to the itinerary but wanted to try this class of ship and can't wait.

Are you saying I am going to Labadee? I will be so happy?

My TA site as well as RCCL site says Nassau????

Thank you.

OMG!!! Is this correct?

I am booked on Allure for January 31, 2016. I am going to St. Thomas, St. Martin and Nassau. I almost didn't book due to the itinerary but wanted to try this class of ship and can't wait.

Thank you.

I think OP was talking about a Western Caribbean itinerary. These tend to stop at Labadee, but is currently showing Nassau.

Your cruise itinerary is for Eastern Caribbean, which tends to include Nassau. My Eastern cruise in April is the same as yours.

OMG!!! Is this correct?

Thank you.

You are on the Eastern itinerary, this thread is talking about the Western.

I think OP was talking about a Western Caribbean itinerary. These tend to stop at Labadee, but is currently showing Nassau.

Your cruise itinerary is for Eastern Caribbean, which tends to include Nassau. My Eastern cruise in April is the same as yours.

You are on the Eastern itinerary, this thread is talking about the Western.

Bleh! LOL

Thank you both though! Glad I didn't get my hopes up!

Am booked on the 7 day itinerary leaving 04/17/2016. We are going to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel. We are doing this itinerary as is better than Eastern, but mainly doing just to experience the ship.

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands