Looking for Resort Day Pass

cruisinsfb

Does anyone know of a hotel or resort that offers a beach break to "outsiders"? We'd like to go to a resort for one of the 3 days we are in Bermuda later this month on the Summit. One that offers beach time, chairs, umbrellas and lunch would be great too.

I visited Coco Reef last summer on a day pass. It's a nice way to spend the day. Pretty beach, good lunch, chairs and umbrellas included in the price. The only thing to be aware of is that there is a staircase that leads from the hotel/restaurant to the beach so if there are any mobility issues this may be a problem.

I'll be returning this summer!

in my opinion as Coco Reef, which we booked for our upcoming cruise.

I have read recently that if you prefer Elbow Beach:

You can rent a cabana for $600? for the day and I think up to 6 people, you would need to check that out.

Or, there is a site, forgot which one, where they offer you use of their private beach for I think $49.00-- Personally, I don't think that is worth it, at least to me, as it doesn't include chairs and umbrella, or lunch. It is conveninent to their restaurant, but I think you have to change clothes for that-- a pain in the butt, I think.

I think the Coco Reef day pass is much better value. Also what I like is that you don't have to pay in advance, just make a reservation with them. This way if weather is bad, you can just not go and you are not out any money.

elbow beach resort Bermuda 50.00

Recent inquiries to Elbow Beach have received replies that they no longer sell day passes unless you're willing to spend 5 or 6 hundred dollars for a cabana. Do you have current information to the contrary?

I checked it out, and it was definately 49.99-- I just didn't go for it because it didn't include the pool area or lunch. Just the beach area- so again, for us, we decided on Coco Reef next store, and will just walk along the beach to where the decent snorkel area is by Elbow Beach. But I think the Elbow Beach resort itself is more upscale itself. I think if there were 6 friends as a group, I would do the cabana there.

It is called Resortforaday.com

Edited by Jetswdo

Did Coco reef early this month, difference between elbow and Coco is Coco offers lunch and a glass of wine in price. Elbow charges extra for lunch with Bermuda prices will cost 25 to 30 pp.

Beautiful hotel, nice and clean, pool changing rooms, beach access and very good two course meal.

To get there you can take taxi, about $65 each way, bus which is the longest. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then cab from there. Total cost was $4.50 pp for ferry and taxi was $15 total. Each way Took about 45 minutes. I would do it again, great day.

They also provide towels.

To make reservation I emailed with date and number in party. Received confirmation back and no payment was necessary until we arrived.

Edited by dkjretired

• 9 months later...
Don thanks for this information. We are definitely interested. Thanks too for the tip about ferry to Hamilton and then taxi. That saves quite a bit of money!

When are you going? If you go in the busy season like we did you might not want to do this. Coco Beach is a small resort, they have a limited amount of umbrellas. When the umbrellas are utilized by others then you have none. You want to get there early. We took a cab there and the ferry on the return. ImageUploadedByForums1460289931.793216.jpg.68d210b7a1abdb2844e04af42c1f78b2.jpg here's the view from the outside terrace where we ate lunch

Anyone booked with CoCo reef recently? We have tried to email them several time and we have called with no luck! Any information would be helpful! Wondering if they have gone out of business or something?

I emailed them last Friday and had a response on Sunday with details of the day pass.