Has any Royal Diamond members done status match on MSC?

This board moves a lot faster than the MSC board.

Have any members here taken advantage of MSC matching Royal Caribbean status? It appears they will match (I think) their black card level to RCI Diamond. https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

If anyone has done this how did you find the use of the actual perks and the process? I just submitted my info to MSC for the match. Interested to hear other experiences.

I like the looks of their black card perks. I know long time people are ticked that it was degraded, but from where I sit free photo, free specialty restaurant, free time in thermal suite looks good to me. They don't have the cocktail hour of Royal, but it is a pretty good inducement to try them out over other lines.

Someone posted here a while back that the status matching was not a permanent thing. There was some sort of requiremement to cruise on MSC every so often. I never saw any details of this on MSC's website. Anyone else hear anything about the status matching not being permanent?

Someone posted here a while back that the status matching was not a permanent thing. There was some sort of requiremement to cruise on MSC every so often. I never saw any details of this on MSC's website. Anyone else hear anything about the status matching not being permanent?

I can't answer to that, but here is the page outlining their benefits and with the link to match statuses. It is free and pretty easy to send the information so worth a shot, IMO, even if you have no immediate plans to try them out.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

I can't answer to that, but here is the page outlining their benefits and with the link to match statuses. It is free and pretty easy to send the information so worth a shot, IMO, even if you have no immediate plans to try them out.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Thanks, I've already done the status match. I was just wondering if there is some sort of time limit by which I have to cruise before the status match is revoked.

I got a status match to black when they first started the program. Went on the MSC website a few minutes ago and I was still black status.

I reread the email that I got from MSC when they gave me the match and it doesn't show a time limit.

I haven't sailed with MSC yet.....but the do have a new cool looking vessel sailing out of Miami December 2016.

I got a status match to black when they first started the program. Went on the MSC website a few minutes ago and I was still black status.

I reread the email that I got from MSC when they gave me the match and it doesn't show a time limit.

I haven't sailed with MSC yet.....but the do have a new cool looking vessel sailing out of Miami December 2016.

I was looking at the same ship Shelton. Looks very interesting.

Bob...

And their "Buy One Get One Free" balcony promo looks 90% legit!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Top-Deals/2-for-1-caribbean-cruise-deals.aspx

I may have to try MSC Divina, even before their new ship gets to Miami. From what I read, Divina is a beautiful ship. Thanks for the link. Hi to Leslie.

I may have to try MSC Divina, even before their new ship gets to Miami. From what I read, Divina is a beautiful ship. Thanks for the link. Hi to Leslie.

That is the ship we are looking at. They currently have ONE Bermuda trip from Florida (so no airfare for me) and kids sail free.

Even ignoring airfare, 7 days on Divina is over $2000 less than 5 days on Anthem to Bermuda. Kind of hard to overlook that sort of difference.

On the phone with Voyagers Club now to find out if first timers with black card get the 5% discount.

And yes, their BOGO balcony deal is for real, not like RCI's smoke and mirror deal.

I was just looking at Divina deck plans and pictures.....it does look nice.

With it being this close to Star Wars, maybe I'll try the "Dark Side" too....lol

That is the ship we are looking at. They currently have ONE Bermuda trip from Florida (so no airfare for me) and kids sail free.

Even ignoring airfare, 7 days on Divina is over $2000 less than 5 days on Anthem to Bermuda. Kind of hard to overlook that sort of difference.

On the phone with Voyagers Club now to find out if first timers with black card get the 5% discount.

And yes, their BOGO balcony deal is for real, not like RCI's smoke and mirror deal.

Wonder if MSC will combine the 5% discount with the BOGO???

Wonder if MSC will combine the 5% discount with the BOGO???

The sailing I picked had a different Promo (Spring Promo) not the BOGO Promo.

The agent said if I booked today, once I receive my status match to just call back and I will get 5% off of the fare for guests 1 and 2 from my final payment. So promos don't seem to wipe out the discount.

Another thing I learned, regardless of room type you book there is only $100 deposit per adult, and bookings have a 48 hour courtesy hold with no deposit required

In their T&C's I see it is 3 years between cruises or it expires but that goes for all members, not just status match.

So that's how Royal will get rid of the overcrowding in the DL lounge - C&A status reverts to Gold if you don't cruise every 3 years.:eek:

We looked at MSC in Europe several years ago, but declined because of some nasty reviews about the overwhelming cig smoke. It felt like you could smoke pretty much anywhere except in your bed.

Cig smoke is pretty much my Kryptonite. It gets in my contacts and I have eye trouble for days. It gets in my lungs and I have breathing issues. I just can't handle being around smokers.

Does MSC in the US still allow smoking in so many locations? I'd love to try that ship, she looks great.

Edited by poncho1973
speeeling

Bob what did you use for " Proof of Existing Loyalty Membership"? I've no idea where my D+ cards are.

I logged into my C&A account and did a screen shot of the screen that shows the C&A number and status level. Changed that into a JPG file and attached that to the application.

Edited by clarea

I logged into my C&A account and did a screen shot of the screen that shows the C&A number and status level. Changed that into a JPG file and attached that to the application.

I took a picture of one of my old seapass cards that had "Diamond Member" on it and sent it with the application. Approved in 3 days.......

Edited by Beachammo

I took a picture of one of my old cabin keys that had "Diamond Member" on it and sent it with the application. Approved in 3 days.......
Thanks folks I just sent in a screen shot jpg.

We just applied on line with a file showing our C&A profile. We've been loyal to Royal as you can sea below in our sig. Have been on two NCL cruises recently, really enjoyed it there. Maybe we'll give MSC a shot sometime soon.

Back to RCCL, we fly to San Juan Sunday a.m. for 14 days on Jewel over Christmas and New Year's. Wishing all our RCCL friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Rick and Deirdra