Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

People who live in colder climates are known for many things and one of the common misconceptions is that we have a great love of winter. In reality we have a bigger love, the love of going somewhere hot when the weather is cold outside.

I could not have said this any better.

image_zpswkq9qbpg.jpeg

Cold winters tend to torment the mind with hallucinations of better circumstances. A prime example, I saw this under the rim of my double-double the other day. I immediately knew that I was off on a tangent, not just because Tim Horton's has never given away a cruise, but mainly because all you ever really get to win is the chance to play again.

3e48f0ec-568c-4580-bbe0-430043530ae4_zpsjqmdsuww.jpg

For some of us, these coffee cups are a rite of passage to springtime, just like the rodent that predicts the end of winter or the actual melting of snow. It is time for me to head south to somewhere warmer. For others of you reading right now, you might just be wondering what the heck is a large double-double, let alone why would you roll up the rim of a coffee cup. For those familiar with these cups, I don't have to say anything more.

So if you need to visualize what my mind has been seeing since the weather got colder, take a few minutes and watch this Kenny Chesney video for "Save it for a Rainy Day". If the crystal blue waters don't have you thinking about heading south tomorrow, you must already be there.

Edit: For some reason the link isn't working on the CC branded app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Cold winters tend to torment the mind with hallucinations of better circumstances. A prime example, I saw this under the rim of my double-double the other day. I immediately knew that I was off on a tangent, not just because Tim Horton's has never given away a cruise, but mainly because all you ever really get to win is the chance to play again.

3e48f0ec-568c-4580-bbe0-430043530ae4_zpsjqmdsuww.jpg

For some of us, these coffee cups are a rite of passage to springtime, just like the rodent that predicts the end of winter or the actual melting of snow. It is time for me to head south to somewhere warmer. For others of you reading right now, you might just be wondering what the heck is a large double-double, let alone why would you roll up the rim of a coffee cup. For those familiar with these cups, I don't have to say anything more.

So if you need to visualize what my mind has been seeing since the weather got colder, take a few minutes and watch this Kenny Chesney video for "Save it for a Rainy Day". If the crystal blue waters don't have you thinking about heading south tomorrow, you must already be there.

Edit: For some reason the link isn't working on the CC branded app

They need to get Timmy's on the Allure!!! Boarding in 3 days and we cannot wait to get away. It's been a weird winter. By the way I heard your chances of winning are better if you buy a large vs a medium at Timmy's. Won a free donut today.

So if you need to visualize what my mind has been seeing since the weather got colder, take a few minutes and watch this Kenny Chesney video for "Save it for a Rainy Day". If the crystal blue waters don't have you thinking about heading south tomorrow, you must already be there.[/font]

Beautiful water. And it's the first time I ever watched a Kenny Chesney video!

Have you ever wanted to sail on Allure of the Seas? Have you ever wanted to do a B2B? Do you need to go somewhere warm this March? Do you want to leave right now? It’s almost too late to sail as an actual cruiser as you need to board the ship in less than 72 hours. That’s right, this Sunday the 13th is embarkation day. You better hurry, pack your bags and hit the highway! I will see you at the sail away party.

If you can’t go for reasons like children at home, older parents to watch over, fur babies to feed, and that other all important reason called “work”, I have the answer for you. Grab your device, your monitor, or whatever you use to fill your cruise critic needs and come on a virtual cruise with me. Let us take you away to the warm waters, cool breezes and hot temperatures of the Eastern and Western Caribbean for the next two weeks. This will be our home.

c7a56d3f-823e-4178-9660-a2b709bbde4d_zpsxso5x2lo.jpg

Escape the icy grips that winter has forced on you. Throw off your winter coat, sweater, and toque. Put out your lawn chair, lather the sunscreen on your sun deprived body, shave your legs (ladies in colder climates will get this) and put on your swim suit. I don’t care what your neighbors say and you shouldn’t either, especially while you lay on a lounger beside a snow bank for the next two weeks staring at your IPad.

This one is for the ladies from the colder climates.

Shaving%20photo_zpslzowjccn.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

Since your mom told you (I sure hope she did) never to talk to strangers or get into a car with one, I better introduce us to you. You will be travelling with my DW Lisa (40), DS Owen (8) and me, being Andrew (44). We live in SW Ontario. If you have a teenaged daughter ask them where Stratford Ontario is, and they will immediately point out Justin Bieber’s home town on a map. We are just west of there and thankfully we do not personally know that Canadian export. On behalf of a nation I ask, “is it too late to say sorry now?

If I haven’t lessened your fear of strangers, you can learn a bit more about “us” before we depart. You can read my other two completed CC reviews. Some of you might remember our review of our Oasis July 2011 cruise that we took, the one where the mirror fell off our wall and landed on our bed in the middle of the night. If not click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659 My other cruise review is in honor of our daughter Allison: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873787

So before you commit let me quickly inform you what type of review you will get. There might be hourly posts at times but more likely a few times a day. They will be off the cuff, contain pictures and whatever else I feel like adding. I will do my best to answer questions and like an excursion guide I just might make up the answers. ;) I might even post the Compass at some point. There will be periscopes at sea, thanks to Allure’s wonderful Wi-Fi and from ports thanks to data plans and free Wi-Fi locations. I will do a quick periscope Friday or Saturday just to make sure we are connected. You can follow me at @Andrew_1720 for periscopes.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Love your sense of humor. Totally get the cold thing...and Tim Hortons reference. (I'm Canadian too) So great that you're able to do a back to back and thus experience Eastern and Western ports and get to try everything on the ship as you'll have 2 weeks instead of squeezing into one.

I just downloaded periscope for another live review and loving it. So glad you'll be on there too.

Thanks for sharing. Have a safe trip. Only a few days until you sail.

Edited by LuCruise

Have a great cruise!

That's the plan. :)

They need to get Timmy's on the Allure!!! Boarding in 3 days and we cannot wait to get away. It's been a weird winter. By the way I heard your chances of winning are better if you buy a large vs a medium at Timmy's. Won a free donut today.

Only two wins for me this year, but I did win $100 GC a few years ago. See you on the ship and congrats on your win.

Beautiful water. And it's the first time I ever watched a Kenny Chesney video!

It isn't my regular choice in music but when you see the color of the water it's hard to not continue watching.

See if you can go the entire two weeks without going on the Flowrider once. Make it a personal challenge.

Ha ha. Do you remember the episode of Seinfeld called The Contest? Regarding no Flowriding I'd be just like Kramer in that episode. I'd be slapping $200 on the counter and declare myself out.

It would be like you not doing trivia.

Looking forward to following along....this will help me count down the days to ours in April :D

I'm here to help and distract.

We are with you on the 13th...my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here right outside my door...

Sorry to keep you waiting. I'll be over shortly.

Sounds Awesome!! I am thrilled to follow along! Will be on the Allure in June - Western Voyage! Signed up to follow you on periscope!!

I'm thrilled to have you following along.

Love your sense of humor. Totally get the cold thing...and Tim Hortons reference. (I'm Canadian too) So great that you're able to do a back to back and thus experience Eastern and Western ports and get to try everything on the ship as you'll have 2 weeks instead of squeezing into one.

I just downloaded periscope for another live review and loving it. So glad you'll be on there too.

Thanks for sharing. Have a safe trip. Only a few days until you sail.

Your welcome. We are happy to be on the B2B too. We have been on Allure a few times but we always love to return to such a wonderful ship. Periscope has been a great way to "travel" without even leaving home.

Following along;) just some of the time:)

Like the 1720:cool:

Happy Days!

There will be an even happier day on Sunday, when we board. If you see a guy periscoping on board chances are its me. See you on board. :D

Following.Looking forward to hearing about your adventures the next two weeks. :)

Thanks for tagging along. So long as we don't end up in trouble with the federales all will be good. ;)

So exciting!!! Thank you so much for bringing us along!!!! I really need this! Have a great cruise!!!!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you need me to have a drink or two for you, let me know. I am here to please.

Can't wait. We are going in July!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd love to return in July, but as of now it's not in the books. ;)