Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

So that's it for today. Turn off your lights, turn back your clocks and try to get some sleep. There are two near by me already down for the count but I'm not ready yet. I still need to visit a few roll calls, check any emails and hit my favourite YouTube channels.

We will head over at 10:30 to the ship. I will need to consume at least one roast beef sandwich before noon or I will turn into a pumpkin. At minimum I will need a Snickers bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So that's it for today. Turn off your lights, turn back your clocks and try to get some sleep. There are two near by me already down for the count but I'm not ready yet. I still need to visit a few roll calls, check any emails and hit my favourite YouTube channels.

We will head over at 10:30 to the ship. I will need to consume at least one roast beef sandwich before noon or I will turn into a pumpkin. At minimum I will need a Snickers bar.

Oh no!! I hope you didn't set your clock back, it spring tme, they need to go forward! :D

Can't wait for the rest!!

Oh no!! I hope you didn't set your clock back, it spring tme, they need to go forward! :D

Can't wait for the rest!!

Just checking to see if anyone was reading.:D

Spring ahead, fall back.

'cept in SK where we don't want to scare the cows.

Them burgers might have had them scared, though. Look yummy!

I forgot you are a province that doesn't do the clock change. You're right, them there cows should be scared.

Our ship has arrived, now if it was only time to get up. I did a periscope this morning. You all got to experience what I have been doing for the last little while, quietly staring at the ceiling trying not to wake the others sleeping around me. All cruisers have experienced this at some point over the years, if not for every cruise. I'm just going the extra mile make you virtual cruisers feel like you are embarking today with us.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Good morning.

I think time intentionally slows down the morning when you get up early before you cruise.

One minute its 7:00 and an eternity later its 7:01 am.

Hope your land time flies and you get to the ship eager to post many more updates.

Heres to safe travels.

Love this thread.

Sea Ya

Also.

Just wondering, how the "young Man" in your photo gets time off from school?

Hookie? Medical excuse?

Spring break???

Just wondering.

Safe travels

This is spring break week for most of the schools in Southwestern Ontario.. or maybe all of Ontario. :)

Also.

Just wondering, how the "young Man" in your photo gets time off from school?

Hookie? Medical excuse?

Spring break???

Just wondering.

Safe travels

Great question. March break is this week and next week is a short week with school being off on Good Friday. Owen is only in grade three so we figure we can do this for a few more years. We brought some books for his daily reading as well as a journey book. Last year he put something in it everyday.

He also plays hockey and his season is over, except for the all star game in early April. I'm proud to say he is a great team leader and has a passion of the game. Figures, this is a Canadian thing. It would not surprise me if we go ice skating this week.

Great question. March break is this week and next week is a short week with school being off on Good Friday. Owen is only in grade three so we figure we can do this for a few more years. We brought some books for his daily reading as well as a journey book. Last year he put something in it everyday.

He also plays hockey and his season is over, except for the all star game in early April. I'm proud to say he is a great team leader and has a passion of the game. Figures, this is a Canadian thing. It would not surprise me if we go ice skating this week.

If his school wants a medical note let me know.

Thank-you very much. I was expecting a state dinner especially since our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had one in Washington this week, but no worries. That Justin is a better export than the Justin I spoke of earlier in the review.

Maybe if his mama spent more time cruising with him in his formative years he wouldn't be needing such a boot in the a$$ now.

Amazing photo of your son jumping into the pool. Great shot!

Thanks too for posting pictures of your Fort Lauderdale hotel and your dinner place. There are lots of questions of where to stay beforehand so this helps others. We aren't staying at Hyatt but in the area and have heard others mention Gilberts before so thanks again for posting.

So today is the day. Can't wait to hear more! Happy embarkment!

Today we travelled 2.5 hours by car and another 3 hours by plane and you know what was the most dangerous part of the journey? This 5 foot piece of walkway on our walk to dinner at Gilbert's 17st Grill.

9f2229172be5cb59c0d25efce679d70a.jpg

If you have ever eaten at Gilbert's you know that these 5 paving stones are well worth your life to get there. We have eaten there for years as a pre-cruise ritual at this family run grill. It doesn't matter if it is your first our 20th visit, you are treated like family. Tonight the mom and daughter were there along with their staff and more often than not the dad and son are there. My MIL still raves about their Blue Cheese burger with bacon and sweet potato fries.

8052a40e23438fc5af5df260a4ccfce7.jpg

I'm so jealous right now!! Favorite place to eat. Can almost taste the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One step closer as the tags are applied. We will call for a cab in 15 minutes.

OB, thanks for the DR's note offer. It's greatly appreciated.

21badd83d686eccac69169b280d5723f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Amazing photo of your son jumping into the pool. Great shot!

Thanks too for posting pictures of your Fort Lauderdale hotel and your dinner place. There are lots of questions of where to stay beforehand so this helps others. We aren't staying at Hyatt but in the area and have heard others mention Gilberts before so thanks again for posting.

So today is the day. Can't wait to hear more! Happy embarkment!

It took a lot of investigation to find the best places to stay and eat. I didn't mind going through the process. :)

Thanks for all your posts they are very helpful. I'll be on Oasis of The Seas in Sept and I'm looking for a pre-cruise hotel. I've sent so much time looking and trying to find a suitable one, I'm a Hilton person but for some reason not too impressed on the reviews I read on the Hilton Hotels there. How was your Hotel that you stayed at? Did you have any issues how was the shuttle to the hotel and from what I saw you will be taking a cab to the port. Is the price reasonable? Thanks again for your input and all the information you are providing to us [emoji3]

HOCKEY, DID I HEAR HOCKEY.

Well my 21 y/o princess a junior at BGSU in NorthWestern Ohio is on the cheer leading squad for the hockey team..... Yup on blades.

And yes she travels when we cruise with her precision figure skating blades, last year she used them once, this year the DH is sneaking them out to save valuable luggage weight.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss