Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Yorkvillain you might want to try this hotel for the September 2017. For starters it has a pool you can swim in. Owen isn't diving, it's jumping. [emoji6]

d739e0d74ce2e6514f7179f9f5ae539b.jpg

Not to mention when I checked the shower, there was no Del Rio. All is good with the world.

8e3b49cfb2ddf14ad6966a9ea4e27ecc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Haha. Very nice! I'm finally catching up on your thread.

Just awake here in BC to find your first few scopes waiting for me to view! So nice! B2B ...so jelous! I will be watching over the next 2 weeks as I was/am seriously considering this cruise for march spring break 2017..bc has a two week spring break :-). Just have to figure out the airfare as we have to add $500 each to get to Toronto first before heading south. My son will be in grade 3 as well next year so I am interested in how he likes it/kids club etc. Did u get a drink package?

So it has been an interesting day.

For starters when you are thinking about taking a taxi VS the hotel shuttle to the port always remember take the taxi. When the driver of the shuttle offered to take us for $5 each and Owen for free we thought forget the taxi we had already waited ten minutes for. What we did forget was to clarify how many other stops were to be made prior to ours. After spending 15 minutes stuck in traffic at the Princess Terminal we headed towards Allure.

What I haven't mentioned was how the 3 couples in our shuttle backed up the driver as an ignorant and aggressive passenger from the previous Princess sailing practically demanded a ride to the hotel he was wanting to go to. The hotel he was requesting wasn't even affiliated with the shuttle we were in. Karma will get him one day. As I said after the fact if that was what he was like after a 7 day cruise, imagine what he was like on the ship. We have done this enough to know better, always take a taxi.

Embarkation started just after 11:10 and all went well. Park cafe for lunch and we roamed the ship before our cabin was ready. We met some of our CC roll call members in the waiting area prior to embarkation so it was great to meet them face to face. Our roll call group was getting together at 3pm prior to muster for some drinks but we didn't make it.

I did a bit of flowriding prior to muster. The general mood of the staff has been great. We had Giovanni's for dinner and it was MMM good. Dinner when Owen is with us, is definitely more rushed, but it is still a nice event. Afterwards we strutted through the RP and tonight there was free booze sampling. Amazingly it wasn't as crazy as the $10 hat and scarf sale.

To top off the night, shortly after we tucked Owen down we realized we were back in port due to a medical emergency. We have no idea what happened and we can only hope that whoever was in distress is doing as well as possible. There are periscopes up for our second sail away of the day. I think I am missing that extra hour of sleep right now.

Edited by A&L_Ont

A few quick pictures from the day. They now have like few jackets by the kids pool. There was also a pool deck attendant watching the circular pool whenever we were passing by it. Both are great ideas.

1f5f630480f594e4440a48ae1178849a.jpg

A very important photo for me. [emoji3]

0a536aae5ff1e1387fb9bfbe777916a1.jpg

Afternoon sail away photo.

7b56fe051b70ea43b52c819b2db8c14a.jpg

Night time sail away photo.

6217716f49ac88e712aaf0e9ece6d679.jpg

Our balcony marked with a little bit of home. If you ever see this on a ship you could almost guarantee we are on board with you.

107a16aba4ad8612c95c4f44bc2afd02.jpg

We will be in...

39202d77-4ba8-4ec3-8a2d-e09109f8d6fe_zpsmwvnr5ld.jpg

We do not have any plans other than relaxing. How bout we virtually relax together. Oh wait, I also have the flowrider booked at 10:45 for an hour. So you better prep up your body for some pain and periscopes. Have your Advil or painkiller of choice ready as your back is going to need it tomorrow. Yorkvillain prepare for carnage dropping on you live September 2017.

Lisa will tell you that sometimes she is "widow to the flowrider". I bet there are a few other spouses here that would say the same.;) She's tried it a few times and that was enough for her.

We will be in...

39202d77-4ba8-4ec3-8a2d-e09109f8d6fe_zpsmwvnr5ld.jpg

We do not have any plans other than relaxing. How bout we virtually relax together. Oh wait, I also have the flowrider booked at 10:45 for an hour. So you better prep up your body for some pain and periscopes. Have your Advil or painkiller of choice ready as your back is going to need it tomorrow. Yorkvillain prepare for carnage dropping on you live September 2017.

Lisa will tell you that sometimes she is "widow to the flowrider". I bet there are a few other spouses here that would say the same.;) She's tried it a few times and that was enough for her.

Another widow here. If the day ever comes when I choose to go on a solo cruise I will be well prepared [emoji3]

Have a great trip. I've stumbled across you on here while trying to find out why Allure returned to port (pure nosey-ness!) I watched your scope (1st time round!) last night as you left. Was also keeping an eye on 'Billy's' scope of the ships leaving.

UK seems a long way from the Caribbean but we do have some sun promised, if not the temperatures to match!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This morning came early in Nassau with cool breezes on the balcony and one small wind gust. I have no idea why I am up so early but since I am I went out on the balcony as we were entering the port. Great time to do some scopes I thought.

Well, remember the comment earlier in the review when I said out of the mouths of babes, relating to our DS. He did it again, but this time it's captured on video for the world to hear. I'm also not 100% sure why I am sharing this either but if you watch the scope anyway you'd hear him on your own. Let's just say he broke the sound barrier without a plane, and at 8 years old that type of thing is comedy gold.

It happened between 1:45 to the two 2 minute, is when he dropped the mic. I am beginning to wonder who raised this boy, perhaps the wolves or stork that dropped him off at our doorstep. ;)

JR just opened 5 minutes ago but there is no way I'm dragging myself out of bed yet.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Our balcony marked with a little bit of home. If you ever see this on a ship you could almost guarantee we are on board with you.

107a16aba4ad8612c95c4f44bc2afd02.jpg

That looks like the view from a Crown Loft balcony to me.

To top off the night, shortly after we tucked Owen down we realized we were back in port due to a medical emergency. We have no idea what happened and we can only hope that whoever was in distress is doing as well as possible. There are periscopes up for our second sail away of the day. I think I am missing that extra hour of sleep right now.

That explains Captains Johnnys comments this morning about a late start. I thought he was joking as we were already part way out of the port as soon as muster was complete. We had a late dinner at Chops and then off to the Aqua theatre for threshold and didn't even realize we had returned to port. Toby had mentioned that he saw lights and I thought that maybe it was Freeport.

Finally some Flowrider periscopes! I can't think of a better way to spend the day in Nassau than a private session on the Flowrider with my kids.

I could not think of a better way either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app