High Speed Internet

Regent announced their new high speed internet a few months ago (including the dates when it will be installed on each ship). In terms of mainstream cruise lines, most of them have had it for a long time.

Got off the Navigator today, during the cruise I was told by crew that the upgrade to the internet on the Navigator was delayed, but was not given a timeframe for when it would be worked on.

Edited by vitacura

Here you go.

Seven Seas Navigator: March 17, 2016

Seven Seas Mariner: May 8, 2016

Seven Seas Voyager: May 2, 2016

Seven Seas Explorer: July 20, 2016

Regent appear to have missed these previously announced dates for Wi-Fi upgrades but are now promising July.

Hope it actually happens this time and that we have reasonable connectivity on our next cruise later this year.

There will obviously be some frustration for those sailing in the next couple of months who were expecting a good service on the now 'included for all' Wi-Fi

I posted this link on another thread but here it is again. We are on the Mariner and have been told that told that the upgrade will occur in San Francisco ( tomorrow) on the Mariner! The link is for the fleet wide (NCL ) announcement. Within the article is a link on how it works.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/14815-norwegian-and-emc-ink-deal-for-speednet-upgraded-internet-offering.html

Well, hope they manage to do this. But didn't know that internet would then be free for everyone. There goes another entitlement left over from the SSS days. What good is being Gold at all? Not griping, just remembering when the internet benefit was removed from Silver and added to Gold. Still get our newspaper and pressing I guess, but not much, is it? BTW, I haven't gotten a commemorative pin for a long, long time.

Just let the internet be fast, and I'll be content.

Well, hope they manage to do this. But didn't know that internet would then be free for everyone. There goes another entitlement left over from the SSS days. What good is being Gold at all? Not griping, just remembering when the internet benefit was removed from Silver and added to Gold. Still get our newspaper and pressing I guess, but not much, is it? BTW, I haven't gotten a commemorative pin for a long, long time.

Just let the internet be fast, and I'll be content.

The difference is that Gold and above get two logins per suite included while others below Gold only get one login per suite included. So you and David will be able to access the internet simultaneously.

Edited by DaveFr

TBH,i'm not really bothered about internet access and wouldn't want to upgrade to a cabin for that facility because (for now) the access is spotty and also we wouldn't be using the internet (maybe emails) and would prefer to enjoy the cruise instead.

But then that's just my tuppence worth and i'm sure some folks maybe need it for work etc.

Pam.

TBH,i'm not really bothered about internet access and wouldn't want to upgrade to a cabin for that facility because (for now) the access is spotty and also we wouldn't be using the internet (maybe emails) and would prefer to enjoy the cruise instead.

But then that's just my tuppence worth and i'm sure some folks maybe need it for work etc.

I hear you, and I agree to some extent. In the old days I went "cold turkey" on cruises, but now since I have a smartphone I like to be able to post about what I'm doing sometimes, upload a picture to FB, that sort of thing.

I hear you, and I agree to some extent. In the old days I went "cold turkey" on cruises, but now since I have a smartphone I like to be able to post about what I'm doing sometimes, upload a picture to FB, that sort of thing.

Evening Wendy,

Whilst is's fabulous to be able to tweet, fb, snapchat and wotnot in real time, for us it's just about enjoying our holiday and if i want to send pics later then i will. I, for one, don't need people on my social network that keep harping on about every aspect of their trip.

I had a chat with my daughter today about how the youngsters today ( i'm 49 ) would cope without instant messaging........A stoney silence ensued, she will maybe send me a text later. :D

Pam.

There goes another entitlement left over from the SSS days. What good is being Gold at all? Not griping, just remembering when the internet benefit was removed from Silver and added to Gold. Still get our newspaper and pressing I guess, but not much, is it?

Regent have added the following entitlement for Gold:

- Valet laundry service with one bag per suite per seven-night voyage segment

.......and, as DaveFr has posted, Gold and above get two WiFi log-ins per suite

Oooh, I'll take it! The laundry I mean. So I guess that means on an 18-day cruise we get two kicks at that can! (We've always had the two wifi logins, but this is new.)

Pam, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Evening Flossie,

Do you think that the 2 log in's make a difference and valet laundry for one bag per 7 day cruise for gold members?

Frankly i would not be impressed if i had xxx numbers of evenings on board if only to be told that every category will have have the same benefits.

Pam. Xx

Oooh, I'll take it! The laundry I mean. So I guess that means on an 18-day cruise we get two kicks at that can! (We've always had the two wifi logins, but this is new.)

Pam, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's totally fine Wendy, it would be boring if we were all the same.

Really hope you enjoy your next Regent trip.

Pam.

What method do you use to post photos on CC (or have you done that). Some great CC posters have helped me in the past but I'd like to learn to do it on my own. At home I use Photobucket but the system onboard was too slow for it. With the new speeds, I'm hoping to be able to do it myself but am wondering if Photobucket is the best site to use.

Agree with you about internet usage on cruises. I do like posting "live" from our cruises -- it adds to our onboard experience. I tried going "cold turkey" on CC (don't think I could go cold turkey on cruising unless I was giving up travel altogether).

To whomever asked about the difference between the "Gold and above" benefit vs. the new included internet, IMO, having only one log-in does not work for us (we had that on Oceania). When I go online, my DH wants to as well and we don't want to wait for each other. As far as laundry, there is nothing like having the "Platinum" laundry benefit. Hopefully the "bag of laundry" offered for "Gold" Seven Seas Society members will be better than the bags of laundry for $20 (now $25) on Oceania. Laundry is by far our favorite Platinum benefit - especially when you can get your clothes washed, ironed and folded before coming home.