Turkey on Thanksgiving?

Thanks everyone. We were considering Chops for the first night, but since our grands will be with us (ages 16 and 24), they would feel like they are missing something without a turkey dinner. Hope the stuffing is good!

Don't know what you consider "good" stuffing. I think it is pretty lame with very little flavor, but as is always said here food is very subjective so I hope you like it!!! Happy Thanksgiving in advance!:D

We are sailing on the Indy Nov 24 - T'giving Day. Does anyone know if they will serve a turkey dinner that evening?

YES -- in all honesty it was very good.....and it just showed me how much turkey I overeat at home.....and therefore get overly tired at home. Portion is OK, but if you are a turkey lover, you may want to ask for two. Side dishes were fine.

They always have a turkey dinner one night during the cruise. I would think the US based cruises would set Thanksgiving for the day of the Turkey dinner.

The actual Thanksgiving meal is much nicer than the one served on Day 7 (Pomodoro menu)

I would assume they would at least do something similar to this for Thanksgiving: The last time we were cruising over Christmas, on Christmas day they served whichever regular menu has turkey (sorry can't remember the name), but the dessert menu was supplemented with traditional Christmas items like pumpkin pie and Christmas pudding.

I don't know where Indy is cruising right now, but I am assuming you are on a cruise where the pax are primarily American, since that is an American holiday. (We have Thanksgiving in Canada as well, but in October).

I am so glad you brought this up! We are doing a family cruise for Thanksgiving on the Brilliance and I asked my TA this same question about a turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. She said she thought so, but did not have an absolute guarantee on this. So I am glad the OP asked the question and my thanks to everyone who responded with a personal cruise experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanksgiving will also be our second formal night on Oasis, I believe. I wonder if we still get lobster that night, since they're going to have to deal with the turkey being an extra option. Has anyone experienced this?

Sorry, it was our first night on Brilliance. They'll probably just shuffle the menus. As you could see in the earlier post, it was still served with the Pomodoro menu as usual

Sorry, it was our first night on Brilliance. They'll probably just shuffle the menus. As you could see in the earlier post, it was still served with the Pomodoro menu as usual

That makes sense, thanks. I'll need to find out which night it is so I don't miss it!

We sailed several years ago during Thanksgiving and ended up in the windjammer. MDR serves a thanksgiving turkey meal but if you want a leg or wing or anything other than precarved slices then windjammer has you covered. They have bird at the carving station as well as all the usual sides.

Thanksgiving will also be our second formal night on Oasis, I believe. I wonder if we still get lobster that night, since they're going to have to deal with the turkey being an extra option. Has anyone experienced this?

We did Freedom last year for Thanksgiving and it fell on lobster night so they moved lobster night back a night. I don't recall if they changed the dress code as well or whether it was a casual dress lobster night.