Recent pinnacle advice to lower expectations

Met a pinnacle couple recently in CL told us we needed to lower our expectations when we very disappointed in a recent cruise. Thought that was the oddest statement. Especially when RCL always asks if your experience meets or exceeds your expectations ! I personally will never lower my expectations!!

A sad world when we must lower our expectations. Luckily in our 152 cruises and 93 on RCL we only have had about 4 that did not at least meet our expectations and the majority have way exceeded them!!

With 93 cruises on Royal, you certainly should be very close PC. You'll be giving advise soon.

A sad world when we must lower our expectations. Luckily in our 152 cruises and 93 on RCL we only have had about 4 that did not at least meet our expectations and the majority have way exceeded them!!

See you have not learned a thing, maybe you need to book another 152. :rolleyes:

With all the free booze Pinnacles receive on a cruise they're probably too loaded to be giving advice.

We don't get more than D+. A ship "might" send an extra bottle of wine to our rooms, but that shouldn't make someone too loaded. I buy the drink package like everyone else. Wish us Pinnacles got free booze all day.

We don't get more than D+. A ship "might" send an extra bottle of wine to our rooms, but that shouldn't make someone too loaded. I buy the drink package like everyone else. Wish us Pinnacles got free booze all day.

We get wine from the Club Royale and we are not PC. Two bottles last cruise. We also get the drink package.... waiting for drinks in the DL/CL/SL is just too long of a wait.

Edited by troykahack

With 93 RC cruises, you certainly have enough experience to know what to expect. Since you knew going in how it was going to turn out from past experience, and in the vast majority of cases what you knew would happen did happen, your expectations were met.

Which to me means the "expectations met" question is an odd one to ask. If I have a perfectly satisfactory cruise, but had expectations of unicorns and rainbows and the Captain personally cleaning my bathroom for me every morning, I'd have to say the cruise didn't meet my expectations. But if I had the same satisfactory cruise, but my expectations were that I'd be cruising in the bilges of a garbage scow, I'd say the cruise far exceeded my expectations.

Same cruise either way, the only difference was how realistic my expectations were. My expectations are beyond RC's control and largely irrelevant to their product. So why are the asking about our expectations? Just ask if the cruise was good or not.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

With 93 RC cruises, you certainly have enough experience to know what to expect. Since you knew going in how it was going to turn out from past experience, and in the vast majority of cases what you knew would happen did happen, your expectations were met.

Which to me means the "expectations met" question is an odd one to ask. If I have a perfectly satisfactory cruise, but had expectations of unicorns and rainbows and the Captain personally cleaning my bathroom for me every morning, I'd have to say the cruise didn't meet my expectations. But if I had the same satisfactory cruise, but my expectations were that I'd be cruising in the bilges of a garbage scow, I'd say the cruise far exceeded my expectations.

Same cruise either way, the only difference was how realistic my expectations were. My expectations are beyond RC's control and largely irrelevant to their product. So why are the asking about our expectations? Just ask if the cruise was good or not.

On *every* post-cruise survey I tell them that the "expectations" question is awful and needs to be discarded.

• 2 months later...

We will be turning Pinnacle in the near future and would like to know everyones opinion about which ship would be a good one to book for this momentus occasion. We will be on Rhapsody right before and are thinking of just booking b2b and becoming Pinnacle on Rhapsody. Any ideas?

We will be turning Pinnacle in the near future and would like to know everyones opinion about which ship would be a good one to book for this momentus occasion. We will be on Rhapsody right before and are thinking of just booking b2b and becoming Pinnacle on Rhapsody. Any ideas?

An early congrats!!

If you do the B2B and become Pinnacle on the second leg, will your status have caught up with the computer system?

I thought it takes two weeks. You don't want to miss out.

Just a thought unless you can talk to someone so they know in advance?

Met a pinnacle couple recently in CL told us we needed to lower our expectations when we very disappointed in a recent cruise. Thought that was the oddest statement. Especially when RCL always asks if your experience meets or exceeds your expectations ! I personally will never lower my expectations!!

Good luck with that!

An early congrats!!

If you do the B2B and become Pinnacle on the second leg, will your status have caught up with the computer system?

I thought it takes two weeks. You don't want to miss out.

Just a thought unless you can talk to someone so they know in advance?

When someone reaches Pinnacle, their new status is acknowledged immediately.

Cannot believe people spend that much money & time on a repetitive mass market cruise line.

If you have the funds, charter your own Yacht with friends.

See, go & do what you want.

How can anyone sit around with 5000 strangers eating "honey stung chicken" & watching "Cats" 15 times a year.

Just so you can sit in a CL and " one-up" the next guy about all the RC cruises you have done.

I did 3 RC cruises in 2 years and now need a break.

Mix in some camping or something........

I think it really depends on what your expectations are. We've never had a cruise not meet our expectations, but talking with other people on board our expectations were lower than theirs. Not that we felt like we had to lower our expectations, it was just that what we wanted and expected out of a vacation was simpler than theirs.

.....and do not forget to ask any Pinnacle for advise "how to not hijack a thread"....