accident on Breeze?

Anyone onboard the Breeze right now? Heard they were being diverted to Clearwater, Fl for a medical emergency involving a child from an accident onboard. Hoping the child is ok...

Unless the coast guard is sending a boat out to meet the ship - I don't think Clearwater has dockage deep enough for a large cruise ship.:confused:

Anyone onboard the Breeze right now? Heard they were being diverted to Clearwater, Fl for a medical emergency.

The Breeze sails from Galveston tomorrow 8/6/17.

If true, and it's being diverted to Clearwater Florida this afternoon they are going to be a day late getting in.

The Coast Guard will most likely send out a boat.

When we sailed on the Breeze early in July they announced that due to a medical emergency they would be heading back to Galveston.

A coast Guard ship meet the Breeze long before we reach Galveston.

TAMPA, Florida -- A young child had to be airlifted after falling from a balcony on board the Carnival Breeze.

The ship sailed from Galveston to the Bahamas and was on the way back to Texas when the child was injured.

The U.S. Coast Guard tells KHOU 11 News it was notified by the ship Friday evening, and a UH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew arrived at the boat around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

A guest on the ship shared pictures with KHOU 11 News, adding the victim is a 5-year-old girl who fell from her room's balcony and landed on the ship’s deck below.

The child and her mother were taken to Tampa General Hospital. The Coast Guard reported the child had injuries to her face.

I just got home from the Breeze. A little girl was standing on a chair on a 6th floor balcony room and fell over the railing onto the 5th floor near the Ocean Plaza doors. She landed on her face.

The ship diverted towards Clearwater, where it met up with a Coast Guard helio that evacuated the girl and her family.

The ship returned to Galveston on time.

I just got home from the Breeze. A little girl was standing on a chair on a 6th floor balcony room and fell over the railing onto the 5th floor near the Ocean Plaza doors. She landed on her face.

The ship diverted towards Clearwater, where it met up with a Coast Guard helio that evacuated the girl and her family.

Thank you!

So sad... I do hope she will be ok. I am on the ship now.

I am usually not so harsh, but I hope the mother learned a lesson. Unfortunately, the little girl certainly did. Whether the little girl was being supervised or not, standing on chairs on a balcony is so dangerous. They are lucky there was a deck under them, or they may have been planning a funeral instead of a trip to the hospital.

Thank you for coming here and sharing what happened. Hope all are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am usually not so harsh, but I hope the mother learned a lesson. Unfortunately, the little girl certainly did. Whether the little girl was being supervised or not, standing on chairs on a balcony is so dangerous. They are lucky there was a deck under them, or they may have been planning a funeral instead of a trip to the hospital.

...and the father or other adults who were with this child.