Death of Storm Chaser on Harmony of the Seas. Cause....Drug overdose.

Coochuck

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/25/storm-chasers-joel-taylor-cruise-line-zero-tolerance-drug-policy/

In reading this article and several others, one has to wonder how according to reports...multiple passengers tell us drug use was out in the open ... flagrant and notorious. The parties were drug-fueled and, as we reported, Taylor was so out of it he fell into unconsciousness on the dance floor and had to be carried to his room after allegedly consuming GHB.

One hopes that RCCL will step up their enforcement after this tragic death!

Can't we just let this man rest in peace?

RIP...indeed. However many us bring families, and small children on our cruises. Somehow RCCL has to address this incident, i.e. how it happened and what are they doing to prevent a occurrence from happening in the future.

RIP...indeed. However many us bring families, and small children on our cruises. Somehow RCCL has to address this incident, i.e. how it happened and what are they doing to prevent a occurrence from happening in the future.

Read the other long thread discussing this tragedy. This is a full charter by Atlantis Events. This is not a cruise full of families and small children.

If i was bringing my family on the cruise that came after this one with all the drugs, I would be one upset mama. Between paraphernalia left behind and residue on different things around the ship, i would be scared to death that my child would inadvertently ingest something either through her skin or her mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

does your familes and small children use drugs?

if not then i would say you have very little to worry about.

That’s like saying you should hang out at the beach that’s known to have needles hiding in the sand from drug users who frequent it just because your kids don’t use drugs.

The drugs in question are pills. You're more likely to deal with someone's insulin syringe than one from a drug user.

You're more likely to run into drugs left in a hotel room than on the cruise ship after this charter.

You're more likely to have your kid come in contact in a public restroom or your local park.

The amount of misinformation is startling.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

That’s like saying you should hang out at the beach that’s known to have needles hiding in the sand from drug users who frequent it just because your kids don’t use drugs.

at least if you are at the beach with the known needles you are going to be on the look out for needles-

doesnt mean there wont be a needle at the any other beach- you just wont be as inclined to watch for them.

there is a far greater chance of somebody leaving a "little blue pill with a V on it", birth control pill, valium, sleeping pill, insulin syringe, or any other over the counter medication laying around one of the rooms then some party drug from a one week charter.

Lets say 25% of the cabins on the charter has party drugs in them, what percentage of non charter cabins would have medications with the label "Keep away from Children" 60% 80%? i am willing to bet its far more than 25

cant believe they edit out the trade name for a famous erectile dysfunction medication, how many children are booking cruises

Edited by proggieus
because this site has ridiculous censorship issues

There was just another thread on here where someone’s young kid found pills that were left by the last people in the room and ingested one of them before the parents were able to get to him.

The drugs in question are pills. You're more likely to deal with someone's insulin syringe than one from a drug user.

You're more likely to run into drugs left in a hotel room than on the cruise ship after this charter.

You're more likely to have your kid come in contact in a public restroom or your local park.

The amount of misinformation is startling.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

A voice of reason. Thank you.

Yeah, making a joke about someone's death is hilarious.

How do you come to that conclusion based on my post?? That is quite the stretch to even think that. I was merely making fun of the posters that thought that this cruise was nothing more than a party ship (which it looked like, based on pictures I've seen) with easy-to-come by drugs (hardly).

How do you come to that conclusion based on my post?? That is quite the stretch to even think that. I was merely making fun of the posters that thought that this cruise was nothing more than a party ship (which it looked like, based on pictures I've seen) with easy-to-come by drugs (hardly).

A 38 year old guy died from an overdose. You (classless) post a pic of a movie pic of someone passed out with a drink in front of them. Further you referenced this particular cruise which was a gay charter. Sick.

Well I think he had some darn heck of a nerve! Violating RCs policy like that ... and smuggling them bad drugs on to the ship. He besmirched the RC name.

Just like them horrible HEINOUS people who smuggle liquor on the ship in those Rum Runner flasks!

If this hooligan hadn't overdosed, I think they should have put him and his whole gosh darn group off at the next port and blacklisted him from ever sailing again! That'll show him to follow cruise line rules!

Sheesh! Some people! Doesn't anyone ever think of Royal Caribbean? I'm disgusted.

Edited by F27TW

Yeah well if you choose to bring your children I believe you are responsible for their well being, not RCI. These ships should be treated like any other small city with many people in it. Drugs & crime can and do happen, just be vigilant as you would anywhere else in the world.