Preorder Bottled Water gone??

anthonyy7

I read the above posts and went to Princess Site. Checked under on board reservations. Beverage packages. No water bottle package offered. :')

I looked a little while ago and it was offered.

So, it is not happening to just some members. Seems to be across the board.

Bob

I already ordered mine, but I wonder if I will get onboard and ta-dah no water and just OBC for what i already spent. Hmmm...things to ponder before embarking.:D

Since it is (was) an item that could only be purchased in advance and not onboard, they certainly better issue a refund in the form of payment used if (when) the decision is made to cancel existing orders.

Though I am sure that plenty of passengers who will never notice the removal from their personalizer and/or the refund to their credit card will be demanding OBC (or their water) once onboard. So maybe Princess will do nothing until you complain and keep the $6.90 from those who can't be bothered to remember that they ordered the water in the first place. :rolleyes:

(I checked all the links I know of to the gifts and services catalog and the water pack is completely gone. A rare case of Princess' IT department actually updating all the relevant pages...)

I ordered and paid for a flat of water yesterday afternoon and it shows on my onboard reservations.:D Could be they are saying that you have to order PBP now but could be a price change coming? They took the PBP off for awhile back in late Oct when they made the changes and increased the price and then brought it back on the website. :confused:

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

I had ordered it a few weeks back for my 2/18 Crown sailing. Actually went in this afternoon and canceled it because we decided to do the beverage package. It was still in my booking as I was able to cancel it. Now let's see if I actually get back my $6.90!

Just got off the phone with Princess...was told if I wanted the water package I would have to now purchase the premium beverage package at $68.99 per day because the water bottle package has been discontinued. That would be some expensive water!

Oh shoot. One thing I liked about Princess was the relatively cheap water package. Now I guess that is another cut. We don't want or get the beverage package. Back to bringing it on board, or at least some empty water bottles to refill.

This could also be the start of not allowing you to bring any drinks when boarding? No water, soda, juices, etc. like some of the other cruise lines? You have to purchase the PBP, S&MP, or each drink by itself. Hope it is just a price change.

Happy Trails

This could also be the start of not allowing you to bring any drinks when boarding? No water, soda, juices, etc. like some of the other cruise lines? You have to purchase the PBP, S&MP, or each drink by itself. Hope it is just a price change.

Happy Trails

A couple years ago when Carnival changed its carry-on beverage policy to a maximum of one 12-pack of cans or cartons only (no plastic bottles) which must be in carry on not checked bag, Princess inadvertently reproduced that policy in an online version of the Cruise Answer Book. To their credit they did quickly and publicly walk that back. But could that prove to be a prescient warning?

Plan A - order case water... Plan B - buy a premium bottle like Figi or diamond water and refill it... Plan C - pay full price for convience and purity. Plan D - bring a case onboard. Looks like on to plan B...hope you cruise you lose doesn't get a whole new meaning.

I just went to preorder some bottle water for my cruises and can't find it. I checked all 4 bookings and it's not there... did Princess get rid of that option?? It's under the onboard reservations - beverage packages?

better deal is to buy in port... or bring with you a case

I ordered water for my cruise on Emerald Princess sailing Feb. 28th, 13.80 for 24 bottles, which isn't bad. I've never seen water in ports for .55 cents a bottle and I'm not dragging a case with me, certainly not in Buenos Aires.

I checked under beverages and no longer there. My order is there, but I couldn't order more. I'm onboard for 30 days and thought about another 12 but not to be.

I just checked our cruise for May and ZAP, the water bottle option is now missing. We always pre-order a 12-pack for convenience. Damn Princess, what next, no life vest - sink or swim?

A friend who is traveling with our small group has significant medical issues and planned to pre-order 3 packages of water to use for sinus rinse. Per doctor's orders, no gallons of water, no tap water, only bottled. This will make boarding in S'hampton a bit more difficult if we have to stop to purchase 3 12-packs of bottled water to tote onto the ship. Even worse, if Princess initiates the no bottled water, nor any beverage policy- this impacts those with medical issues, etc.

The daily cost of the beverage package is absurd for this gentleman who doesn't drink.

I've already fired off an email to Princess and will follow up with a telephone call tomorrow. Hoping to get this through medical services as an option, we'll see.....

Darcy

Yep, my issue, too, sinus problems. All well and good if it is convenient to check it as luggage, traveling alone, being older plus not familiar with the Buenos Aires port, not an option. Last Fall I ordered it, too but it would have been easy enough to check it in Barcelona, didn't realize it at the time.

The cost of the premium package is ridiculous. We are on a 10 day cruise starting on Feb. 18 and if we were to buy the package it would cost my husband and I about $1,400. INSANE! I guess we will be lugging on some bottled water.

I just checked our cruise for May and ZAP, the water bottle option is now missing. We always pre-order a 12-pack for convenience. Damn Princess, what next, no life vest - sink or swim?

A friend who is traveling with our small group has significant medical issues and planned to pre-order 3 packages of water to use for sinus rinse. Per doctor's orders, no gallons of water, no tap water, only bottled. This will make boarding in S'hampton a bit more difficult if we have to stop to purchase 3 12-packs of bottled water to tote onto the ship. Even worse, if Princess initiates the no bottled water, nor any beverage policy- this impacts those with medical issues, etc.

The daily cost of the beverage package is absurd for this gentleman who doesn't drink.

I've already fired off an email to Princess and will follow up with a telephone call tomorrow. Hoping to get this through medical services as an option, we'll see.....

Darcy

I would be fine with it IF there was another package option. I’d like to see them offer something between the soda package and the alcohol package...a non-alcoholic package that includes specialty coffees and teas, juices, canned sodas, and bottled water in addition to virgin cocktails. As it stands right now, it’s all or nothing. I love the convenience of a package, but the current one just doesn’t work for me on our next very port intensive cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums