INSIDE CABINS/Koningsdame

Lyndihop

In looking at the deck plans they show the cabin sizes from 145-222 sf. That's a big difference. I cannot seem to find the exact size for say a Category J or K. Any input? And are the interior cabins large enough for 2?

I strongly suspect that higher figure is for the size of the accessible inside cabins. That is exactly what I selected when I booked on that ship, and it was about the only inside I would consider.

Now that I probably don't need an accessible cabin any longer, I wouldn't want an inside---too small, even for this solo cruiser. They are more like a walk-in closet with a bed.

When we were on Koningsdam we passed some inside cabins and they are teeny tiny! Nothing like the older HAL ship where you can get a K or I cat. and enjoy the sectional sofa and large cabin. Even the "larger" cabins that have a sofa, have the sofa right up against and facing the bed.......very weird configuration. Personally, they are too small for DH and I.

If you look at the lowest deck - just forward of the center bank of elevators you will see 4 cabins that are square. They are Cat I We had friends in one of them in January and they are larger.

Yes there is a big difference between Koningsdam’s inside cabins and the other ships. We had one and it is very small. No sofa, no table, no chair. Just a stool for the vanity dresser. The nightstands on either side of the bed are tiny too. Closet space was generous and the bathroom was pretty much like the other ships. Nice shower enclosure.

I found them realy oke for 2 people. Very clean and modern and bright. Nice bathroom and a lot of storage. I am only in my cabin to sleep and to make me ready for diner and watch a movie at night. Will be in an inside again this summer. I prefer a location more at the back on the mozart deck. Because you are just 2stairs away from the lido and main dining room

• 2 months later...
If you look at the lowest deck - just forward of the center bank of elevators you will see 4 cabins that are square. They are Cat I We had friends in one of them in January and they are larger.

We are considering booking one of these square larger inside cabins. Do you know the configuration of the square ones? Sofa?

We are considering booking one of these square larger inside cabins. Do you know the configuration of the square ones? Sofa?
THIS is an I on deck 8 that looks on the deck plan to be about the same size as the four on deck 1

THIS is an I on deck 8 that looks on the deck plan to be about the same size as the four on deck 1

That's considered "larger"??? :eek: That's not even enough room for a solo! And the other insides are smaller? Yikes. :rolleyes:

Wow, that sofa is up against the bed!!!

And the TV is above the sofa rather than across from it.

I'm in one of these cabins next week which are triple cabins .I must say that the design is atypical, but I knew this going in.

I was in 6193 last summer for two weeks. It was adequate for me sailing solo. If my sister had been with me, we would have been on top of one another. The room had some weird noise from vibration. You could hear it if you were near a wall. I switched the head of the bed with the foot of the bed and everything was fine. My room steward confirmed that he heard the noise and so did a person from the front desk. They offered to switch me to another room, but sleeping in the reversed pattern solved it for me.