New Brochure With More Deck Plans Revealed!

vtcruising

Thanks very much for the link! Just a question - how did you see the shops - I am struggling a bit to see/read what is what (some places - like the Theater - I could guess, others can't really detect? ...

PS - nice brochure though

Uh-oh. I can’t quite get it in focus but it looks to me like there is NO library? NO card room? And The children’s area is on the deck with staterooms? Oh joy. NOT!

A lot of space for art and shops, but not at all surprised. I think there are still some blank areas (they just aren't gray like on the website plans), hopefully for library, card room and maybe another entertainment venue?. No real surprises so far, except where they put the kids. Not sure what The Basement is - maybe game room for the kids?

Thanks very much for the link! Just a question - how did you see the shops - I am struggling a bit to see/read what is what (some places - like the Theater - I could guess, others can't really detect? ...

PS - nice brochure though

I know, I was hoping someone else could read it. :D I don't think it was supposed to get out yet since they haven't made the announcements for those areas. Maybe they left it blurry on purpose. :D

Wonder if we can order a hard copy

..I have one that includes EDGE deck Plans but this is much more up to date. Thanks for the link.

Off topic..I posted on the general X thread about the new Revolution pr piece we received in our US mail today..nicely done, depictions and info about S and M class with timetable...One nice pic of EDGE and also FLORA ( looks awesome for Galapagos)

Great Brochure! Thanks VTCruising. I downloaded it and when I opened it, it took a few seconds for each page to get fully opened and focused and then I could zoom in and see everything. Looks great.

For Deck 3 Kids area “Camp at Sea”, it appears to have full walls between it and the SRs and you enter it between the elevators. Shouldn’t be an issue.

I wish they had a card/game room too, but since it doesn’t appear to be one, looks like El Bacio, El Secondo Bacio, Eden, etc as card and game and social areas. Got a lot of lectures once when I mentioned playing cards on it Bacio on Solstice.

As to the library,???? I know this will cause some negative reactions, but most of us are now bringing digital books and from my subjective view, I’d only see one or two people sitting in the library using it.

Looking forward to exploring and finding what works and will be fun. One thing I like a lot, is although the S-Class ships center area is beautiful, when bands played on the lower deck, all the areas open to it on upper decks were ‘fully involved’ and noisy. Edge appears to have much more broken up areas.

Den

Using the library doesn’t really have much to do with the physical books. It’s quiet. It’s a comfy place to sit and read the paper, do a puzzle, solve a Sudoku, whatever. And for many of us who like the feel of real books, not having a real library will be a huge downer.

FYI it’s much easier to read the brochure if you download it:) Once you do so, you’ll be able to enlarge sections the page without distortion. Oops I see Denny already posted this tip....

Thanks! I downloaded and figured that out later. :D

Using the library doesn’t really have much to do with the physical books. It’s quiet. It’s a comfy place to sit and read the paper, do a puzzle, solve a Sudoku, whatever. And for many of us who like the feel of real books, not having a real library will be a huge downer.

Looking at the Edge deck layouts, there may be some areas such as you would like, except a wall of books. I know I’ll be looking for them.

Den

And surprisingly, although I always bring my Kindle, I always find a couple of very interesting books in the library and I prefer a book to a Kindle. One of the joys of the Queen Mary 2 was the most fantastic Library I had ever seen on a ship

Are there restrooms inside the children’s area? If not I forsee problems with the children in the passageways on their way to and from the restroom potentially being an issue for those staterooms nearby

That area doesn't look fully developed yet. I imagine this is a work in progress. :D