Price Drop on Norwegian Getaway....Sorry Platinums we won't match the price drop...

richandkathynaplesfl

Just a quick note to see if any of you have received a reduction or OBC once the Cruise fare price was dropped.

I am in a Mini-suite which I paid $ 1099.00.

The new price is $ 1049.00

I called to see if I could get the difference in OBC, but they offered me $ 25.00.

She said the policy stipulated that within 120 days of sailing they offer a 25% differential so $ 25.00

I said that if I called in today, not ever sailing on NCL, I could get a better deal than a Platinum Member.

They could have tried to upsell me by including the $ 100.00 in a category upgrade , but didn't. Not to mention OBC dollars are "soft dollars" for goods and services on board....not a hard credit to offer..

Pretty sure I won't get that Haven bid either...!

Rich

The price drop is $50 and you got $25 OBC which is 50% of the price drop. That is actually a great offer. I've had price drops of $600 and got about 25% of that in OBC.

It also shows what good original price you got for the cabin with only a $50 price drop.

Every reason to jump for joy and not even think about complaining.

The price drop is $50 and you got $25 OBC which is 50% of the price drop. That is actually a great offer. I've had price drops of $600 and got about 25% of that in OBC.

It also shows what good original price you got for the cabin with only a $50 price drop.

Every reason to jump for joy and not even think about complaining.

It's 25%. $50 X 2 people. One OBC. Still not a horrible deal. They could have given nothing

Just a quick note to see if any of you have received a reduction or OBC once the Cruise fare price was dropped.

I am in a Mini-suite which I paid $ 1099.00.

The new price is $ 1049.00

I called to see if I could get the difference in OBC, but they offered me $ 25.00.

She said the policy stipulated that within 120 days of sailing they offer a 25% differential so $ 25.00

I said that if I called in today, not ever sailing on NCL, I could get a better deal than a Platinum Member.

They could have tried to upsell me by including the $ 100.00 in a category upgrade , but didn't. Not to mention OBC dollars are "soft dollars" for goods and services on board....not a hard credit to offer..

Pretty sure I won't get that Haven bid either...!

Rich

Why does everyone feel entitled to money back if prices drop, not trying to be nasty here really, but we all book at a price we think is good, most of us check back every one and a while before final payment is due for price reductions. At the time of final payment we all know that NCL will not refund if price drops, yet there are always posts with people saying i am platinum or gold or silver, etc and I should get money back. NCL is generally pretty nice and will do a percentage as a ship board credit as you have stated but they dont even have to do this, they owe you and others nothing.

This is the risk you take, sometime is goes the other way - we are in a forward facing suite on the Jade over Christmas for a 10 day partial panama canal cruise - we paid 1349 pp for our inside cabin and now the price is $1999 per guest - we paid $3800 per person for our forward facing suite on this cruise also and it is sold out now but when a cabin of the same category came available a few weeks ago it was over $5000 per person. Last I checked NCL is not knocking on my door for more money.

I suggest once final payment is made in the future just dont even look and get yourself all worked up

As has been said, price drops do happen when it is needed to sell cabins still available on a slow selling cruise. However, we all know the process. Before final payment, it drops, yes, you get the new price...but may lose promo bennies if they are not still available. After final payment, no. However, prices seem to go up much more than down. Our next cruise, for the two of us, our cabin is already $700 more than we paid for it. And as others have said, NCL will not be coming to us expecting us to pay the increased difference. Very fair for both up and down adjustments.

A little confused. Are you saying that if prices for the cabin category I booked go down after final payment and I call NCL, they may give me some OBC? Well that’s mighty nice of them. I’m going to call as prices on our Cuba/ S Caribbean cruise have gone down quite a bit

On the other hand, prices for our TA next April have gone up so I won’t call about that one. :D(y)

To follow up. The request was not specifically for an OBC. My call was precipitated by the price drop. Not much of a drop arguably, but worth a phone call since I had precedent in a previous cruise on Holland America in 2017.

I called after the price drop and was offered and upgrade at no cost, I then upselled myself to an even better room. So in my mind it was worth the call not expecting anything, but always hopeful.

To be clear the benefit was $ 25.00 total not per person...ie 25% of total fair difference.

I also noted that I was a Platinum Level which only represents my long time patronage of NCL starting in 1986 on the Norway.

Happy Sailing.

Rich

Thanks to the original poster I called. The agent, who was very nice BTW, said policy is to first see if there is an upgrade available and there was. We now have a mini-suite on the pool deck. Seems to be quite a bit bigger cabin plus a bigger balcony. We’re happy Thank you NCL. :D

you may not be entitled to OBC but you should be entitle to upgrades.

My upcoming Bliss cruise has had 4 price drops in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I know I was not entitled to any OBC but I went from an oceanview to a mini suite without any issues and im completely okay with that.

To follow up. The request was not specifically for an OBC. My call was precipitated by the price drop. Not much of a drop arguably, but worth a phone call since I had precedent in a previous cruise on Holland America in 2017.

I called after the price drop and was offered and upgrade at no cost, I then upselled myself to an even better room. So in my mind it was worth the call not expecting anything, but always hopeful.

To be clear the benefit was $ 25.00 total not per person...ie 25% of total fair difference.

I also noted that I was a Platinum Level which only represents my long time patronage of NCL starting in 1986 on the Norway.

Happy Sailing.

Rich

Hi- I couldn't help but notice your comment about traveling on the Norway in 1986. My wife and I were on the Norway in 1989. Since its our first trip with NCL since then, we were wondering if you got any "past passenger" credit (or price discount) for your '86 passage. Just curious. CaptBillNH

Hi CaptBillNH. Yes I received the credit for the nights after a relatively long process. We sailed on the Norway 3 times, including an " Oldies" Cruise that was amazing. Great memories of the " Norway".

I'm not sure they will go back now and credit you from that far back now that they have changed the policy to limit the time to 1 year look back.