Celebrity Solstice hump cabins???

firstcruiser06

Hi,

Thinking of booking on the Solstice for next year and have seen that there is a hump on the balcony cabins towards the back of the ship on every floor.

Is it better to get a balcony cabin where it sticks out of the ship and which floor is the best for the best balcony cabins.

I guess according to the picture of the ship you can not see from one end of the ship to the other unless you are part that sticks out? Very confusing.

Does anyone know of a good website to see really good pictures of the balcony cabins on this ship (not good on their website)?

We are probably interested in the Vista or Panorama decks.

This is a close-up of the hump on the port side. As you can see, it does stick out further than the rooms forward of it. My only suggestion is that if you are bothered, at all, by cigarette smoke, do not book a low level on the port side. The smoking area is on deck 5 right below the hump cabins.

2915174000080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

By the way, I had room 9223. Other than a small portion of my balcony glass being covered by that huge "X," my room was fantastic.

Edited by Aquahound

The Hump cabins are very attractive becuase of the size of the balcony, and the location, middle of the ship. Location on the Solstice is rather important, as there are only two sets of elevators, if you select the hump you're near the larger bank of elevators .My opinion deck 12, Resort is the best location. Long walk from the back of the ship to the middle elevators.

Sailed on the Solstice 8/17/09....Cabin 2104

Robert

Aquahound, We've booked this cabin on Eclipse next year, very glad to see your comments about being very pleased with it and not too bothered about the X.

Gail

I loved the room and I'm sure you will too. Here is the balcony. The X doesn't cover much. BTW, did they do the big X on the Equinox and Eclipse? I don't remember seeing it in the Equinox pictures. If you click on the picture, it will take to to my whole Solstice album and more pics of the room and ship.

2478113630080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

The Hump cabins are very attractive becuase of the size of the balcony, and the location, middle of the ship. Location on the Solstice is rather important, as there are only two sets of elevators, if you select the hump you're near the larger bank of elevators .My opinion deck 12, Resort is the best location. Long walk from the back of the ship to the middle elevators.

Sailed on the Solstice 8/17/09....Cabin 2104

Robert

I always thought that those staterooms on the hump were the same size as regular stateroom balconies, and the staterooms on the angle of the hump were the ones that were the larger ones. We stayed on an angled stateroom (1606) and it was HUGE. I can't speak for the ones in between the two angles.

I agree that the "aft hump" area is the most desirable because there is a bank of 8 elevators -- up to the buffet, and down to the dining rooms/martini bar.

Thank you all so much for your pictures and comments. The balconies look alot smaller than those on Royal Caribbean(Adventure). I really appreciate it.

So far we have checked with the travel agent and there are not 2 hump cabins together on any of the 3 floors we are looking at.

I wonder how much the hump's are blocking the view for the cabins next to them on either side???

Thanks again,

Mary

Paul I love your pixs, thank you... it is helping me alot... do you have to pay for the solarium, because I love it already.... is it not crowded??

Thanks, Mary

I loved the room and I'm sure you will too. Here is the balcony. The X doesn't cover much. BTW, did they do the big X on the Equinox and Eclipse? I don't remember seeing it in the Equinox pictures. If you click on the picture, it will take to to my whole Solstice album and more pics of the room and ship.

2478113630080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Paul I love your pixs, thank you... it is helping me alot... do you have to pay for the solarium, because I love it already.... is it not crowded??

Thanks, Mary

The Solstice Solarium truely is a sanctuary. It is air conditioned and it is very easy to slip into a coma in any one of the very comfortable chairs. No, there is not a charge. An added bonus is the sushi bar that is open during lunch hours.

2425846220080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

I just finished a cruise on the Solstice and had a bump cabin.

Bump cabins are great for the following reasons: 1) much larger decks (verrandas), and 2) great view of the length of the ship.

I had cabin 9209 and couold see forward but not rearward.

I was able to sit on my deck facing forward and see where the ship was headed - a great place for passing the time and reading my good book.

I would really recommend a bump cabin!!!

On the Solstice, cabin 1075 is a hump cabin with a much larger balcony. It's supposed to be awesome. I'm in this cabin on the 9/7/9 cruise this Monday for my Honeymoon. I'll let y'all know how it is if I can remember afterwords. :) :) :)

I just finished a cruise on the Solstice and had a bump cabin.

Bump cabins are great for the following reasons: 1) much larger decks (verrandas), and 2) great view of the length of the ship.

I had cabin 9209 and couold see forward but not rearward.

I was able to sit on my deck facing forward and see where the ship was headed - a great place for passing the time and reading my good book.

I would really recommend a bump cabin!!!

You made my day--can't wait to be in that cabin on 9/18--was the balcony any larger than the standard ones & was your bed nearer the sliding door or the closet?

You made my day--can't wait to be in that cabin on 9/18--was the balcony any larger than the standard ones & was your bed nearer the sliding door or the closet?

9209 has the bed near the balcony, and has a very large balcony. You could have a party for 6 or 8 out there.

:D We have Cabin 9284 for a B2B next Jan. 10 to the 24, '10 to the Caribbean. Actually, lucked out and have the same cabin for both cruises.

Fell in love with the "hump" location when we did the RCCL Mariner of the

Seas this past Jan to South America and Cape Horn. Really don't mind

the mirrored surface on the balcony glass --- in case DH decides to sit

out there in his "tidy whities" --- :o HeHe.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On the Solstice, cabin 1075 is a hump cabin with a much larger balcony. It's supposed to be awesome. I'm in this cabin on the 9/7/9 cruise this Monday for my Honeymoon. I'll let y'all know how it is if I can remember afterwords. :) :) :)

So - what did you think of it? Any photos?

We are looking at that cabin - can't decide between 1247 and 1075!

Thanks,

Tom

So - what did you think of it? Any photos?

We are looking at that cabin - can't decide between 1247 and 1075!

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, 1247, hands down. No question about it. We were in that cabin for the last transatlantic. Huge balcony, near the aft elevator banks -- up to the buffet, down to the martini bar. On the back angle of the hump.

It's a "no brainer."

Tom, 1247, hands down. No question about it. We were in that cabin for the last transatlantic. Huge balcony, near the aft elevator banks -- up to the buffet, down to the martini bar. On the back angle of the hump.

It's a "no brainer."

Much appreciated (I have it on hold). Do you by chance have any pics?

gatrnol@hotmail.com

THANKS!

Tom

Much appreciated (I have it on hold). Do you by chance have any pics?

gatrnol@hotmail.com

THANKS!

Tom

No, sorry, no pics. The stateroom is the exact same as any other stateroom you view on this website with the bed near the bath, and the balcony is the largest of those that are on the angle.

This post has an attached thumbnail that shows the balcony of 7421 -- exact same as 1247.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23598463&postcount=9

No, sorry, no pics. The stateroom is the exact same as any other stateroom you view on this website with the bed near the bath, and the balcony is the largest of those that are on the angle.

This post has an attached thumbnail that shows the balcony of 7421 -- exact same as 1247.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23598463&postcount=9

Thanks

• 1 year later...

It's a "no brainer."

I am going on a solstice class with my wife on our honeymoon. We just booked a hump....my question is...what kind of privacy do you have on your balcony if you are jutted out at an angle. Can people watch and wave to you or do you have privacy?

Thanks