Anyone else with family who thinks you've cruised RCI too much?

vickiw0318

Okay. All of us know that this isn't possible. There's no such thing as cruising too much. However, my family might tell me differently.

My daughter and I were at the AT&T store last Saturday so I could get a new phone that would make it easier for me to get messages when I am away. Our salesperson was so proud of the fact that he got me an easy to remember phone number - the first three digits are in ascending order and the last four are 8088. I immediately said "I've got those down. That the number of my corner aft on the Rhapsody." You could hear DD's groan through out the store.

Otherwise, she's a great kid. I'll just have to say a prayer for her.

Anyone else get any flack?

Great story!

Not cruising, specifically, but travel in general, my sister does not understand. She thinks it is "getting away" and she feels no need to do so, she likes her life. Um, I like my life, and want travel in it! It's not about ditching life, it's about experiencing life outside of my normal existence. Seeing the world!

The year we took 3 week-long vacations and one long weekend she was beside herself.

I don't think it will be an easy sell to get her to agree to go to Cabo for my brother's 50th birthday.

Okay. All of us know that this isn't possible. There's no such thing as cruising too much. However, my family might tell me differently.

My daughter and I were at the AT&T store last Saturday so I could get a new phone that would make it easier for me to get messages when I am away. Our salesperson was so proud of the fact that he got me an easy to remember phone number - the first three digits are in ascending order and the last four are 8088. I immediately said "I've got those down. That the number of my corner aft on the Rhapsody." You could hear DD's groan through out the store.

Otherwise, she's a great kid. I'll just have to say a prayer for her.

Anyone else get any flack?

You can never sail to many times but I can't blame your daughter for her reaction. That was a pretty bad moment, lol.

We just take them with us. I have 4 brothers. 3 of them, their families, and my parents love to cruise and do so together. Number 4 has never been. Both he and his wife seem to run from the room when the rest of us start planning or try to come with us on the next one. If only they'd try it!

I have my family "converted"...LOL...they all want to come...its the people at work who harass me all the time about cruising...but hey, I have the vacation time so I use it. Cruising is like "vacation layaway".....affordable as I can make payments on it. Its usually the people who have NEVER cruised that complain...the "cruisers" just love it!

I used to get rolled eyes and weary sounding, "where are you going THIS time?" from my sons, who thought it was all kind of silly.

Funny, but ever since we decided to treat them to an 8 day Caribbean cruise this December WITH a $100 obc per cabin....................they stopped rolling the eyes and making the comments. Odd, huh? :D

We are taking a nine day cruise to Mexico leaving on Nov 21. So guess what? I won't be cooking thanksgiving dinner!! First time in 27 years. My grown kids couldnt understand why we wanted to be gone over the holiday. LOL he he he We can't wait for our cruise. Oh another thing this will be our 3rd cruise this year. They say you guys are going again, we say ya. Please feed the cats for us. We are such bad parents, NOT.

Happy cruising all:)

We are taking a nine day cruise to Mexico leaving on Nov 21. So guess what? I won't be cooking thanksgiving dinner!! First time in 27 years. My grown kids couldnt understand why we wanted to be gone over the holiday. LOL he he he We can't wait for our cruise. Oh another thing this will be our 3rd cruise this year. They say you guys are going again, we say ya. Please feed the cats for us. We are such bad parents, NOT.

Happy cruising all:)

You had better watch out, leaving for holidays like that can become addicting!

If we could afford it, we'd be gone every single Christmas...Thanksgiving too ;)

There is a twelve step program.

Step one: Look at booking another cruise

Step two: Research the itinerary

Step three: Research the ports

Step four: Look at all the options

Step five: talk to your spouse regarding steps 1-4

Step six: Together make a choice, or just tell them when to get the time off

Step seven: Book your chosen cruise

Step eight: Use step 1-4 to make a list of what you want to do on this cruise

Step nine: Narrow that list down to ensure you get to 50% of what you want to do

Step ten: Shop Shop Shop, you can't go on a cruise with stuff you have worn already! Start packing new clothing!

Step eleven: BRAG BRAG BRAG to anyone and everyone that will listen about your upcoming vacation!

Step Twelve: Head to the pier!

There are your twelve steps! They keep my addiction under control! Or contribute to it...i haven't decided yet!

My mom keeps threatening to find a twelve-step program for cruise-a-holics for me, but I tell her there's no such thing, and even if there was, I wouldn't go! :D

Sure haven't noticed any such meetings posted on the Bulletin Board by the Pursar's Office!!

There is a twelve step program.

Step one: Look at booking another cruise

Step two: Research the itinerary

Step three: Research the ports

Step four: Look at all the options

Step five: talk to your spouse regarding steps 1-4

Step six: Together make a choice, or just tell them when to get the time off

Step seven: Book your chosen cruise NOT - you have your AUNT book and manage the cruise for you!!

Step eight: Use step 1-4 to make a list of what you want to do on this cruise

Step nine: Narrow that list down to ensure you get to 50% of what you want to do

Step ten: Shop Shop Shop, you can't go on a cruise with stuff you have worn already! Start packing new clothing!

Step eleven: BRAG BRAG BRAG to anyone and everyone that will listen about your upcoming vacation!

Step Twelve: Head to the pier!

There are your twelve steps! They keep my addiction under control! Or contribute to it...i haven't decided yet!

Like it. Good 12 step program

Our family just has gotten to the point where they ask us "when" we are cruising next, not IF. We go on the little 3 nighters so often now, they all wonder if we really work anymore - lol!!

My husband and I love cruising. We typically go on 1 or 2 cruises a year. We tried to convince others to go with us and everyone thought we were nuts (why go on vacation with a bunch of newlyweds or nearly deads?). After our first cruise, we set up a group, sent a flyer to our friends and got 37 people to go with. Right after we got back from that one, I was working on the next one. We do a group cruise every other year, but the itinerary and dates are picked a year and a half before we go. When people get our flyers, they think we are nuts to plan so far out. Some of our friends act like they get a flyer for a cruise every other week. Needless to say, the number of people booking in the group have been going up and up, with numerous return passengers.

And by the way, my brother and sister-in-law said they would never go on a cruise. I offered to take their teenage daughter on our last cruise. I said I would pay for her to go, which I did. However, my brother and sister-in-law reluctantly decided to go with. THEY LOVED IT!!! They are addicted now. This from big time whiners. One by one we intend to convert those naysayers.

And, I do think that the people who always give grief about your travels are jealous because they can't. My husband and I have resorted to not telling people we would be gone on vacation so that it doesn't sound like bragging.

Cruise on, everyone!!!!

Just last night my 81 y.o. mom (I'm 52) said, "Oh, I didn't realize you go on a cruise every year. " That's funny because we've taken six cruises since 2000 (number seven is coming up in October), including two cruises in the same year two years in a row. I guess to her it seems like we're always taking a cruise. I'm getting closer to that goal Mom, honest I am :)

Also, my DH said to me the other day, "I guess we'll be able to go on 20 cruises before we die (he's 40)." That's waaaaayyyy too low of a number! I'll be cruising until the day I die.

Also, my DH said to me the other day, "I guess we'll be able to go on 20 cruises before we die (he's 40)." That's waaaaayyyy too low of a number! I'll be cruising until the day I die

I have to laugh at this comment of yours. My signature here on CC used to say: "First cruise 1973; last cruise.................I want to die on board a ship!!" :D

People who haven't done it just can't understand the addiction to cruising.:eek: I try to convince all to come over from the Dark Side and see what it's all about, but are warned about the extreme addiction. No drug out there is as addictive as cruising.:D

Well, I virtually live here on CC when I am not at work. I spend wayyyy too much time here.

If I am not on CC, I am on a cruise website.

I am an addict.:eek:

My avatar is a ship (Monarch) and my computer wallpaper is Mariner.

Every time my son passes by me, he groans and says, "Booking another cruise, mom?" I wish......

It's just not in his blood.....yet..........;)

Archived