Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie, you do a super-duper job with this effort ... kudos and appreciations your way....

but a question.... We found an incredible deal on a Cunard cruise (no flames, please, we'll be back to HAL) ... do you know of anyone doing a similar effort with cabin infor for other cruise lines ships. :confused:

I do not know if there is one or not. I know that some have put a site forward, but the free stuff is basically just stock info such as on HAL's site itself. The stuff that I've been told is by fellow cruisers has a fee to view.

To me it ain't worth it.

There is anoter site that I am aware of that says it has all the staterooms on all the cruise lines, but when you click on a stateroom number takes you to a page that says something to the effect "More coming Soon," or something like that. And when there are photos (SELDOM for a HAL ship) it has no decriptions or comments....

BTW, NOT going to Flame you or anyone for trying a different line:) I hope you have a GREAT cruise, but come back to HAL with equally good cruise news:)

Joanie

Joanie, I love your thread! We have the oportunity to up-grade to SS6101, but haven't found any info in it. Can't seem to find where you are posting the photos you receive. The only ones I found are the 'stock' photos on your ship info pages.

Can you point me in the right direction? Trying to find the actual size of the stateroom I mentioned.

Thanks for your help!

Joanie' date=' I love your thread! We have the oportunity to up-grade to SS6101, but haven't found any info in it. Can't seem to find where you are posting the photos you receive. The only ones I found are the 'stock' photos on your ship info pages.

Can you point me in the right direction? Trying to find the actual size of the stateroom I mentioned.

Thanks for your help![/quote']

While I do not have photos yet of SS 6101 I do have of other SS's in the same area. The only differences will be i their locations.

If you go to this link and go about 1/2 way down the page you will see the SS staterooms Starting with 6077 and going through SS 6108 (Click on each thumbnail to bring the photo to full sized) http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-6.html

I have no idea what the size of the stateroom or verandah is, hopefully someone else can answer that for you. I do know that they are large though:)

To Rnobson, your TA is correct, the lowest in this category is SZ goes up to SY then up to SS with SS being the better of the category (do not ask me why, I just report what I've been told:)

Joanie

Hi Joanie, you are doing a great job. The information is so helpful. Do you have any photos of staterooms similar to H402 or H403 on the Prinsendam. I can't seem to find pictures of staterooms with those porthole windows.

Thanks Pam:)

Hi Joanie, you are doing a great job. The information is so helpful. Do you have any photos of staterooms similar to H402 or H403 on the Prinsendam. I can't seem to find pictures of staterooms with those porthole windows.

Thanks Pam:)

Yikes!! Seriously though, Yikes is about the first thing I thought of when you asked about those 2 staterooms.... BECAUSE....the stateroom photos of any Prinsendam staterooms are mighty hard to cxome by:(

However, IF you allow me to guess at what it might look like, and not hold me to it if it isd different??

I believe from looking at a photo from the outside of the ship that the Port Holes (windows) on Deck 5 H staterooms are the same as E 452 & E 462 http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Deck-5.html I think that H 402 and H 403 staterooms look a bit larger than the E Staterooms and most other staterooms on Deck 5. It also appears that there are almost private entrances (hallways).

I wish I could tell you more or give some similar staterooms to look at on another HAL Ship, but with The Elegant Explorer being the only one of her kind in the fleet.........

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Yes Please!!! Any and all photos not just of the stateroom(s) but also any others of the ship that you'd care to share would be absolutely awesome!!

If you'd make sure to include your CC name and a description of the stateroom itself, both good and bad:)

Thank You so much!!

Joanie

Joanie.

Being the pest that I am I got moved to 8147. I wanted to be on that side to begin with so I gave it a shot and the kind lady moved me. I'll still send you pics and you can use what you want out of them.

I saw that someone back about 20 pages asked about an HH stateroom on the Zaandam. I was hoping that someone had sent you one since then. We like the lower prom. deck and wondered about the obstructed view. Probibly just a wall on the ship on the other side of the walkway but curious since even HAL phone conversations say it might be a life boat or they just don't seem to know. Any pictues would be great.

Probibly just a wall on the ship on the other side of the walkway but curious since even HAL phone conversations say it might be a life boat or they just don't seem to know.

It would be the superstructure of the ship, across the promenade.

There are no lifeboat obstructions Lower Promenade Deck on any of the S- or R-class ships. (The Zaandam is an R-class ship.)

please can you help me

has cabin c277 on prinsendam a partial sea view?

thanks in advance andrea

Looks like I have to update my Deck Plans of Prinsendam. My current deck plans show C 277 as being C 229.

I just double checked the Official HAL web Site Deck Plans and it shows that C 277 is a Full Ocean View Stateroom. HOWEVER, Since there is a Triangle on the HAL Deck Plans I think what this meanss is that since the stateroom is on the Lower Promenade Deck, that you will see some of the super Structure of the ship outside of your stateroom window.

I am not really sure though as I have no photos to back up what I am guessing.

But, by looking at the R and S class ships in HAL's fleet with staterooms right around the same area, I can guess that what you will see is a support beam that will cause very littl distraction... Here is a photo from Veendam to show what I mean: http://abqreunion2008.com/Veendam/room-329-toward-deck.JPG Basically all of the R and S Class and Prinsendam seem to have this same gerneral support Beam (Super Structure) located where the photo shows it to be.

Joanie

good morning joanie

thank you for your answer. the different cabin numbers also confuse me, therefore i asked.

but partial view or full view i am looking forward for the black sea cruise in september.

thank you very much and greets from austria, andrea

just saw this today - started with first page until i found where you posted your site w/ photos - wow is all i can say !:D

checked out statendam which we are considering for april 2014 - saw L500 & K600 - now have to check for prices w/ TA

then went to this final page to compliment you on a fabulous

undertaking which am sure has assisted many curious cruisers !!;)

just saw this today - started with first page until i found where you posted your site w/ photos - wow is all i can say !:D

checked out statendam which we are considering for april 2014 - saw L500 & K600 - now have to check for prices w/ TA

then went to this final page to compliment you on a fabulous

undertaking which am sure has assisted many curious cruisers !!;)

WOW!! You read through all 990 posts!! I am amazed:)

As to L500 or K 600, you cannot go wrong with either of those staterooms:) After all, I cannot take all these cruises and the photos myself. It takes all of you, my fellow cruisers to keep this up to date:)

Hopefully, you will contribute some updated photos of what ever stateroom you get:)

Joanie

WOW!! You read through all 990 posts!! I am amazed:)

As to L500 or K 600, you cannot go wrong with either of those staterooms:) After all, I cannot take all these cruises and the photos myself. It takes all of you, my fellow cruisers to keep this up to date:)

Hopefully, you will contribute some updated photos of what ever stateroom you get:)

Joanie

H Joaniei...I can't open your link on an IPad, I just get the title site page.

Van u please tell me what is good or bad about a disabled verandah cabin VB 6049 on Nieuw Amsterdam? We've had a visit from the Upgrade Fairy I think? But we really don't need a disabled room...I'd hate to think someone did need it, but I imagine they would have booked by now. We sail in 10 days ;)

H Joaniei...I can't open your link on an IPad, I just get the title site page.

Van u please tell me what is good or bad about a disabled verandah cabin VB 6049 on Nieuw Amsterdam? We've had a visit from the Upgrade Fairy I think? But we really don't need a disabled room...I'd hate to think someone did need it, but I imagine they would have booked by now. We sail in 10 days ;)

Great Room and Great location!!!!

Since you cannot open/see much on the IPad, I will post the links to the actual images I have of VB 6052 (mirror image of VB 6049, just opposite side of the ship) below:

VB 6052 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom in the Bend of the Ship)

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-4.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-7.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-5.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-6.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-8.jpg

http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/EM_NA-6052-9.jpg

There are only 3 drawbacks to this stateroom.....

There is no tub. It is a shower only with the toilet in the shower as you can see by the photo. BUT, that fold down seat in the shower sure makes it easier to sit and relax while you shower:D

The 2nd drawback is that the sink is tiny. It is a single sink with easy access for a wheelchair user to be able to use it.

The 3rd drawback is that there is no sofa. The sofa has been removed so that a wheelchair can easily move around in the stateroom and have easy access to the verandah.

Other than those drawbacks, there is nothing else, in my estimation that would make me not be happy with being assigned this stateroom!!

Believe me, as a handicapped person, if they needed this room for a handicapped person, they'd not have assigned it to you:)

Enjoy the stateroom and the cruise!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank you Joanie for that info!

I still can't see any pics but that's probably because I'm using an IPad...it says I'm forbidden!!:eek:

I will look on my main old computer when I fire it up..it's gas powered it's so old.

Cheers Jane:o

• 2 weeks later...

I believe HAL's deck plan is not as accurate as Princess - i.e. sometimes it shows between lifeboat but it is actually fully blocked by lifeboat.

I search this thread and can not find anything on Noordam's H4090 and H4119 information. I know H4090 is handicapped cabin.

Also there is no info on the partially obstructed G4101. From some pictures I found, it seems G4101 is behind the huge winch, not much better than the H4119.

Anyone has some information I would be really grateful as we are ready to book a Transatlantic sailing on Oct 22.

I believe HAL's deck plan is not as accurate as Princess - i.e. sometimes it shows between lifeboat but it is actually fully blocked by lifeboat.

I search this thread and can not find anything on Noordam's H4090 and H4119 information. I know H4090 is handicapped cabin.

Also there is no info on the partially obstructed G4101. From some pictures I found, it seems G4101 is behind the huge winch, not much better than the H4119.

Anyone has some information I would be really grateful as we are ready to book a Transatlantic sailing on Oct 22.

Oosterdam is a asister ship to Noordam and her cabin/staterooms are almost exact duplicates of what is on Noordam.

If you go to the following link and look at H 4120 (about 2/3 of the way down the page) you will see what the view from H 4119 is like: http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/Deck-4.html As you can see it is not fully obstructed.

Just as a side note, if you look at GG 4077, it is listed as fully obstructed, but is not:)

Hope this helps.

Joanie

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Is there an equivalent cabin picture for H4090, and G4101 also?

Unfortunately I do not have any photos on any of the 4 Vista Class ships (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam), nor on the Signature Class ships (Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam)

Wish I could give you photos of the exact stateroom, but until someone who stays in it sends me photos.....

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Joanie,

this was my cabin during my cruise to Iceland. As always, I choose a D category for the location and all was perfect. Great location, no noise, great service from Rudy & Hery. I would choose this cabin again with no hesitation. Here they are:

149xl5j.jpg

2mcin2s.jpg

2nl787s.jpg