Ipods with speakers on the balcony

canadiansnowbird

there were three women sharing a cabin next to us and they all spoke similtaniously and you could hear them even in the cabin. It's too bad one of them couldn't stop yaking long enough to hear their racket. If that happens again I will go to the ship's store and buy the smelliest cigar available and smoke it on my balcony to try to drive them away. So far we have not had any snoopy kids next to us.

there were three women sharing a cabin next to us and they all spoke similtaniously and you could hear them even in the cabin. It's too bad one of them couldn't stop yaking long enough to hear their racket. If that happens again I will go to the ship's store and buy the smelliest cigar available and smoke it on my balcony to try to drive them away. So far we have not had any snoopy kids next to us.

They have some real nasty incense smells available that I'm sure would drive most people nuts. I know I can't stand more than a few minutes in the Indian shops in St Thomas before I have to leave.

People like what?

We're still talking about music on a balcony' date=' right?[/quote']

Yes sir we were. This post however, as someone stated earlier, has taken on a Clothing in MDR type of track (partially due to me). I odn't think I'll post anymore on this one.....

Bob

I do have a related questions re: IPODs. Is there a way to keep them charged w/o using a computer?? Whether on the balcony or not!:D

Our ipods have plug in chargers that work off the electrical outlets. Simple and quick. We got the charger at Best Buy, I think !!

My travel case has speakers and charges the IPod. The only time that I played it on the balcony was sailing out of Venice and I played Andrea Bocelli and people around were yelling for us to turn it up.

I listen to the music in the cabin, but the TV makes as much noise. Do you hear someone elses TV?

I had an issue with a neighbor once when they left the balcony light on all of the time. I wrote them a note and they stopped me and thanked me because they didn't realize that you could turn the light off and they didn't like it either. It was really bright and you couldn't go out at night of leave the door open.

Yes sir we were. This post however, as someone stated earlier, has taken on a Clothing in MDR type of track (partially due to me). I odn't think I'll post anymore on this one.....

Bob

Ah, errr....that's "Ma'am"........thanks.

The sound of the sea is the only sound I like to hear on our balcony...my DH uses his ear buds for his iPod...but soft music would be preferable to high pitched squeals and screams of young children..LOL!

I agree, nothing like the sounds of the sea on the balcony. It is our favorite part of cruising. Just sitting on the balcony listening to the beautiful ocean and watching for flying fish. Can't wait till March!

And trying to describe the feeling you get when sitting out there listening to someone who has never cruised is impossible.

:)

With balconies so close together, I would never consider putting my speakers out so 'I' and others on 'My' balcony could enjoy the music. Those in adjoining staterooms might enjoy it, they might not. Many won't say anything, they will just not use their balcony.

Even though the music might be great in your opinion, to me it would be noise pollution while looking for a nice quiet relaxing time on my balcony also. Just my opinion of coarse.

I very much agree.

It`s your music so please use your headphones.

My travel case has speakers and charges the IPod. The only time that I played it on the balcony was sailing out of Venice and I played Andrea Bocelli and people around were yelling for us to turn it up.

I listen to the music in the cabin, but the TV makes as much noise. Do you hear someone elses TV?

I had an issue with a neighbor once when they left the balcony light on all of the time. I wrote them a note and they stopped me and thanked me because they didn't realize that you could turn the light off and they didn't like it either. It was really bright and you couldn't go out at night of leave the door open.

When going through the Panama Canal (leaving I should say), they piped Andrea Bocelli's Con Te Partiro through the TV and it brought tears to our eyes. With that said, I would not want to hear music at random out there from my neighbor. I in turn would not put speakers out there either even if I had some. :)

Archived