Elite members in Michael's Club

lawk

For those who have already enjoyed Michael's:

Does it open (4-6) while the ship is still in port?

I have read that in some cases, local authorities do not allow the serving of alcohol in competition with land-side sources.

Is it open during sailaway?

For those who have already enjoyed Michael's:

Does it open (4-6) while the ship is still in port?

I have read that in some cases, local authorities do not allow the serving of alcohol in competition with land-side sources.

Is it open during sailaway?

It was open every day, in port or at sea.:)

I have always been able to drink on port days:eek:..not sure what local

authorities you are talking about:confused:. You might not be able to gamble

on a port day but as for drinking? Never had a problem finding

a drink;)

As for sailaway, I didn't go to Michael's club the first night so

I cannot help with that one.

Thanks for the update on Michael's and the new Elite benefits. We were wondering with the life boat drill...usually around 4...maybe they would just extended the hours for the first night. I'm sure they wouldn't want a RIOT!!!!! Should be a lot of Elite members...Equinox November 23rd 2009!

Thanks for the update on Michael's and the new Elite benefits. We were wondering with the life boat drill...usually around 4...maybe they would just extended the hours for the first night. I'm sure they wouldn't want a RIOT!!!!! Should be a lot of Elite members...Equinox November 23rd 2009!

The life boat drill now just involves watching a video, not even requiring a vest.

I would not be surprised if Equinox does not set a record for the number of elites on board.. that would involve a lot of people who want to sample a few perks ;) . They will have to find a much larger area than Michael's.

Have a great cruise.

The life boat drill now just involves watching a video, not even requiring a vest.

I would not be surprised if Equinox does not set a record for the number of elites on board.. that would involve a lot of people who want to sample a few perks ;) . They will have to find a much larger area than Michael's.

Have a great cruise.

A video??? Is this fleet-wide (she said, hoping!) Are you in a lounge?

Have a great cruise.

Wow - no vests for the life boat drill - Michael's in the evening - internet time - we may have to switch our loyalties to Celebrity (which we prefer, anyway) from RCCL (where we loved the OLD diamond perks)

We will be onboard on December 4, in AQ. Two great places from whence you hail. Also, since we will have the bubbly in our room the first day, we may miss Michael's on that day. Also, we are on the port side; hence, our Sailaway will be very nice. We always enjoy the folks in the condos who blow the horns etc.

We were wondering with the life boat drill...usually around 4...maybe they would just extended the hours for the first night.

The Elite Lounge is not open on embarkation day or disembarkation day.

We were wondering with the life boat drill...usually around 4...maybe they would just extended the hours for the first night. I'm sure they wouldn't want a RIOT!!!!!

Texed says not open on Embarkation or Disembarkation day: we are so glad - No rioting!

We are on a B2B so I guess we'll just step into town and tip a little there, come back on for the free welcome champagne and then enjoy the free bottle in our room. After that, I'll fall asleep! Funny how I have a built-in 'time to stop' when I'm sipping wine. Too bad the 'time to stop' internal indicator doesn't work with Martini's!

Denny

Thank you thats good to know. On RCCL you have the same waiters each night so thats why we tip at the end.

Hi Laura:) We had the same staff in Michael's Club every night.

Glenn was the "Main Man":D

I'll be on Mercury in a week & am not quite sure how the new benefits are working. Last I heard there was a "cocktail" (single) offered from 4-6pm. Now I hear it is not limited. How about type of drink? Limited like on RCCL? Also, are they really starting at 4pm? What is that about? If they want to do 2 hrs then how about 5-7? We do late dinner & like to dress properly but that is hard by 4pm. Some shows are before dinner for late seating so ending cocktails before dinner is fine, but not 4-6. I hear they are still "tweaking" the program, but they must know the hours are not right.

I am just off Millennium for a b2b and did not miss a single afternoon in Michael's Club. :D And I have late seating. The drinks and conversation were wonderful. Please try not to complain about the hours, try to be flexible. Celebrity has come up with something very nice for Elites and I would hate to see it go unappreciated or away.

Anne :)

I'll be on Mercury in a week & am not quite sure how the new benefits are working. Last I heard there was a "cocktail" (single) offered from 4-6pm. Now I hear it is not limited. How about type of drink? Limited like on RCCL? Also, are they really starting at 4pm? What is that about? If they want to do 2 hrs then how about 5-7? We do late dinner & like to dress properly but that is hard by 4pm. Some shows are before dinner for late seating so ending cocktails before dinner is fine, but not 4-6. I hear they are still "tweaking" the program, but they must know the hours are not right.

We were on the Mercury for her Sept 6/09 sailing. Michael's Club was open in the morning 8 to 10am for breakfast (Continental Style served by a waiter) and open again at 4 to 6pm for cocktails with hot & cold hor d'oeuvres. The cocktail time was attended by people...dressed for their "early" seating and people dressed in day wear who dine at the "later" seating. There were not many "Elite" Captain Club members onboard so the "Suite" people were invited to attend also. When we went for cocktails there were no more than 8 people in Michael's Club and on some afternoons it was just the 3 of us...good for us...lots of one to one service from the waiters!! :D I wondered why this excellent Captain Club perk wasn't used by more people... maybe because Michael's Club on the Mercury is tucked in a quiet corner on Deck 8 and people didn't find it? ;) Or people thought they had to be dressed in their Dinner wear...not the case... if you dine at the "later" seating you can attend in your day clothes. Great for a nice quiet drink/drinks (as many as you wish... and a nice drink menu is offered as well...many drink choices) after an excursion or before dinner depending on your dinner time....Enjoy...we sure did...it's a GREAT perk!

Pat :)

We were on the Mercury for her Sept 6/09 sailing. Michael's Club was open in the morning 8 to 10am for breakfast (Continental Style served by a waiter) and open again at 4 to 6pm for cocktails with hot & cold hor d'oeuvres. The cocktail time was attended by people...dressed for their "early" seating and people dressed in day wear who dine at the "later" seating. There were not many "Elite" Captain Club members onboard so the "Suite" people were invited to attend also. When we went for cocktails there were no more than 8 people in Michael's Club and on some afternoons it was just the 3 of us...good for us...lots of one to one service from the waiters!! :D I wondered why this excellent Captain Club perk wasn't used by more people... maybe because Michael's Club on the Mercury is tucked in a quiet corner on Deck 8 and people didn't find it? ;) Or people thought they had to be dressed in their Dinner wear...not the case... if you dine at the "later" seating you can attend in your day clothes. Great for a nice quiet drink/drinks (as many as you wish... and a nice drink menu is offered as well...many drink choices) after an excursion or before dinner depending on your dinner time....Enjoy...we sure did...it's a GREAT perk!

Thank you for you polite & detailed response. I was interested in how things work as I have not been on Celebrity since the changes were made. I was in no way "complaining" about this new complimentary program, I just find the hours of operation strange. We will certainly be grateful & gracious when onboard Mercury & using Michaels Club. If we are asked for ways to improve or "tweak" the program as Celebrity says they are doing, we will suggest that cocktail hour start a bit later than 4pm. I'm glad the time works well for those who want to have a cocktail at 4pm. Thank you for letting me know that we do not have to change to our dinner attire prior to 4pm. On RCCL there are guests in swim suits, shorts & t-shirts using the lounge & I would hate to see that on Celebrity. We look forward to the new program and certainly accpt it as offered by Celebrity.

SEA,

Just keep complaining about the hours of free drinks and pretty soon CELEBRITY will take it away.

If you have a problem then eat earlier.

KC

Thanks so much for your polite response. That is certainly what we all are on this board for. A simple descripton of the program would suffice.

when you say I don't have to get dressed up to use the Michael's Club - do you mean I can go in with my bathing suit on (dry) with a coverup, husband can go in with his shorts and top? We would mostly like be around the pool at the 4 p.m. time because we are late seating.

marlene

when you say I don't have to get dressed up to use the Michael's Club - do you mean I can go in with my bathing suit on (dry) with a coverup, husband can go in with his shorts and top? We would mostly like be around the pool at the 4 p.m. time because we are late seating.

marlene

Hi Marlene:)

My cruise was to Alaska and we were dressed in long pants

(daytime was jeans and a long sleeved top and/or sweater.)

I cannot give you an answer about a bathing suit and cover up.

Not sure if they would consider (they being the cruiseline)

that appropriate or not.

marlene

We were on the same Alaska cruise as LoisR...Hi Lois! Daytime wear was long pants and nice tops...Country Club "casual" ... no around the pool at 4:00pm for us in Alaska ;)

In my opinion swimsuits...cover-ups...shorts...t-shirts...jeans would not be classified as Country Club casual wear.

In our case we showered and changed into our "Daytime" Country Club casual wear after our port excursions before going to Michael's Club and then changed again into our "Evening" Country Club Casual wear or our Formal attire depending on the dress code for that evening. We dined at the "late seating" and followed Celebrity's suggested daily dress code for the Dining Room and all of the Lounges during the evening.

For warmer climate cruises...it would be a personal decision as to whether you'd prefer to stay poolside or change to take part in the Michael's Club Cocktail perk from 4 to 6pm each day. We tend to use the T-Pool during those hours too so it would depend on what we wish to do each day. Martini or a relaxing soak...tough decision!!:eek:

From what I have seen on Celebrity I do not think any bathing suit attire, even with cover-ups, would be appropriate in Michael's Club. As noted above I do late seatng & would prefer my complimentary cocktail closer to my dining time also, but apparently that is not how this program was designed. We would like to participate & will if the timing works out for us. We certainly could do early dining, but it's not our choice. So we will make this work for us & as suggested we will be in our "day wear" & change for dinner after our cocktail. But in deference to Celebrity & their rules we will wear slacks & shirts or similar.

Archived