Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

My wife and I are flying out tomorrow for a short flight to PHX. I was able to pick up A-24 and A-25 without the early bird option.

Coming back, I did add the EB option, as I will be on the golf course 24hours before our flight. Worth $20 not to have to deal with it.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I will be flying SWA this July for our Alaska cruise for the first time. I have never flown SWA before as I prefer to have an assigned seat, but the lower price and free luggage finally brought me in. I did decide to pay for the EB option as I will be at work and more than likely will not be able to get to a computer at the 24 hour mark and do not want to hassle with it on the ship upon return. At least this gives me some peace of mind, otherwise I would have probably paid more to stay in my comfort zone on US Air or AA. A middle seat would NOT work for me.:eek: I am still saving $$$ so I am happy.:)

We fly SWA a lot and I always make sure that I'm at a computer 24 hours before departure to check in for the flight. However, for our March 13 cruise out of San Diego I opted to do the EB check in only for our return trip after the cruise. I booked the flight on 1/19. DH and I are staying overnight in San Diego the evening we return from our cruise and our departure time home is 7:40 a.m. on Sunday 3/21. Since we will be in the process of disembarkation and will not have computer access at the 24 hour mark before flight departure I wanted to make sure that we had the best boarding pass possible for the flight home. DH and I want to sit together. So I paid the extra $20 for the piece of mind knowing that I do not have to worry about checking in for the flight. I will post my results in mid-March.

For flight tomorrow

I have EB and got A19, DH does not and check in at 24 hour mark he got A45.

He really objected to spending a measly $10. I'm signing him up for EB on the way back anyway. We don't need to sit together but I don't want the hassle of trying to get him to check in on the ship.

My understanding of EB is that SWA will automatically check you in 36 hours before departure (12 hours earlier than non-EB passengers) and at that time your boarding group letter and number is assigned. When checking in at the airport your boarding pass is printed then you know what boarding group you will be in.

If you are not comfortable waiting until checking in at the airport and want to check on your boarding pass number sooner you could do so but then why spend the $10 per person for EB if you plan to check in to see your boarding pass number prior to arriving at the airport? The way I see it is that EB makes it less of a hassel for me to try and find a computer and check in especially when it may be be convenient at the end of a cruise. I just need to have faith that hopefully I will have something other than a C boarding group when traveling with my DH. 99% of the time I doubt if I will pay the extra for EB but depending upon timing of my flights I think it is worth it - especially when cruising. I really wish SWA would go to booking seat assignments but don't think that will happen anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

We arrived back from the cruise in Tampa on Feb 7--trying to get home to Philly. Southwest had phones us early Feb 6 but we were at sea and could not get through to rebook.

On Sunday we went to TPA and were rebooked for a flight leaving Tampa at 6pm Tuesday and arriving at 9pm. and were advised that earlier flights might open up.

Monday Morning I finally got through to a person and were able to rebook for and earlier flight out with a change in Houston. The booking agent checked us into both flights right away. For a 7:45 flight on Tuesday (which was full) at 8:30 we got B9 and 10 from Tampa and A39 and 40 from Houston.

Given the extreme pressures of Superbowl weekend, many many cruise passengers from all over Florida and two back to back blizzards hitting the midatlantic I was very pleased with the way Southwest handled the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked in for my Chicago-FLL flight for tomorrow. The flight is at 10:15. I got to my computer about three minutes late. We are B21 and B22. I thought we'd be a bit better!

Coming home from the cruise I've sprung for the EB. I'll let you all know when I get back what kind of pass that got us!

Las Vegas to Orlando tomorrow afternoon A35 & A36 with EBCI added at time of purchase almost five months ago. We fly Southwest a lot and this is the worst we've ever received even with the T-24 frenzy. I know it isn't horrible and we will certainly be able to sit together, but given how early we bought the tickets, we expected at least A20s (and hoped for the "love seat").

As it turns out, there was only one more EBCI after our A35 & A36. And his traveling companion did NOT pay for EBCI and got a lower number. We are very disappointed in SWA at this time because we added EBCI five months before the flight. Passengers ahead of us added it much closer to flight date. Southwest has got some explaining to do...

As it turns out, there was only one more EBCI after our A35 & A36. And his traveling companion did NOT pay for EBCI and got a lower number. We are very disappointed in SWA at this time because we added EBCI five months before the flight. Passengers ahead of us added it much closer to flight date. Southwest has got some explaining to do...

I'm going to take a guess here on how this happened. Thirty-six hours before the flight, boarding numbers are assigned to the EB people. Subsequent to this time, an EB person canceled (or changed) their flight and their number was released for others to get. Since all other EB folks already had their numbers, this person that you refer to likely checked-in at -24 hours and snagged this number. Lucky on their part, but hard to blame WN.

I'm going to take a guess here on how this happened. Thirty-six hours before the flight, boarding numbers are assigned to the EB people. Subsequent to this time, an EB person canceled (or changed) their flight and their number was released for others to get. Since all other EB folks already had their numbers, this person that you refer to likely checked-in at -24 hours and snagged this number. Lucky on their part, but hard to blame WN.

This is a WN system fault and I do hold them responsible. One person is not a big deal, but it's the principle. The bigger issue is perhaps a misunderstanding on my part; I thought the earlier the EBCI purchase, the higher priority. Ours was added almost five months prior and other folks ahead of us added it much later. Again it's not a big deal, but Southwest needs to fine-tune their system and accurately reflect the service they are selling.

Will I fly them again? Sure, if I can't get a better fare on an airline that offers seat assignments.

Ours was added almost five months prior and other folks ahead of us added it much later.

In addition to what I mentioned before, certain folks who bought tickets later than you can still be ahead of you if they purchased a business class fare or are A-list customers. As WN set up the program, they trump people who purchased EB.

Not only have I never paid the fee - but I never would.

Last flights....Jan 27 PHL to Tucson....via Las Vegas..... A20 and A31

Returning....Feb 13 via MDW....A33 and A25.

I always, always check in the minute it becomes "exactly" 24-hours prior to the flights and have always received "A" boarding passes...

This is a WN system fault and I do hold them responsible. One person is not a big deal, but it's the principle. The bigger issue is perhaps a misunderstanding on my part; I thought the earlier the EBCI purchase, the higher priority. Ours was added almost five months prior and other folks ahead of us added it much later. Again it's not a big deal, but Southwest needs to fine-tune their system and accurately reflect the service they are selling.

Will I fly them again? Sure, if I can't get a better fare on an airline that offers seat assignments.

The EBCI system works well for the majority of folks who purchase it. This answer was offered to this question when it was posted on another forum. I'm adding it here so others can see it as well and see there is logic to why this poster did not gt the boarding they thought they should.

What the OP did not mention, and is of huge importance in this issue is, did the people in front of him originate in LAS or did they connect in LAS from a flight westbound from Calif?

Getting A35 in LAS is a great number for EBCI, since any EBCI departing in CA will get a better number, since their departure time is before his.

EBCI is done at the 36 hour prior to your departure time. If you connect, you will get a better number. I recall pre-EBCI, at T-24, getting A30'ish departing LAS. With EBCI, it is now A35-45.

We know that the couple immediately in front of us were connecting from flights that originated in Portland OR. We know that there was only one person behind us who did pay for EBCI. The couple right after him did not pay for it and were giving us all a hard time (jokingly) about coughing up the $10 each for one space higher.

If the system works as it is supposed to, there was only one person who booked a wanna-get-away fare from Las Vegas and added EBCI after we did (Oct 5th...almost five months before the flight). I have a hard time believing that.

We were also told that one person (non-A-list) ahead of us did not pay for it. This should not happen.

My point was, and continues to be, that SWA needs to make the system work correctly or abandon it. I also think EBCI should be offered only as long as "A" boarding passes are available.

I understand that a lot of folks don't mind SWA's boarding process and a lot of folks don't care where they sit. Clearly SWA is a better fit for them than it is for me. I recognize that. But other than the lack of seat assignments, I really like Southwest and would just love to see this concern eliminated. I thought EBCI was a viable solution for us and was frustrated with the way it worked out this time.

I booked our Southwest flight last summer and took the early boarding option. We left Buffalo Feb 10 and got A16 and 17. Our return flight was yesterday from Ft. Lauderdale and we got A35 and 36. I didn't check in at the 24 hour mark, more like 36 hours prior. It worked well and we'd certainly do it again.

Las Vegas to Orlando tomorrow afternoon A35 & A36 with EBCI

My point was, and continues to be, that SWA needs to make the system work correctly or abandon it. I also think EBCI should be offered only as long as "A" boarding passes are available.

This is a confusing comment, because you did get an A boarding pass that is in the top of the A's. I see the bigger disappointment is that you did not get the 2 seats in the exit row. I get it now.

This is a confusing comment, because you did get an A boarding pass that is in the top of the A's. I see the bigger disappointment is that you did not get the 2 seats in the exit row. I get it now.

Our return boarding passes were actually in the bottom of the A's (or 2nd half). My suggestion about limiting sales of EBCI to the number of A's available is in principle, not our experience specifically.

My frustration with EBCI is not related to a specific seat (as already noted), but that if the process is as explained, only one other passenger could have purchased a "wanna get away" fare (for #303 Feb 27) and added EBCI in the FIVE MONTHS prior to the flight!! What do you think the chances are of that?

Just printed boarding pass for BWI to LAS barely seconds within 24 hr mark and got A47. Holy cow, this is fine by me but either a lot of folks are now doing the EB thing or there are a lot of people hanging around their PC's. For the return I simply went with the EB as it would have cost $5 to pint one out at the hotel anyway and now I do not have to hang around waiting for the 24 hr. mark and who wants to do that in Las Vegas.

Booked the non-stop flight from Reno to San Diego on 1/19/10 for our trip out tomorrow to get in one day before the 3/13 cruise. I paid for EBCI on our return trip but checked in myself today at exactly 24 hours before departure: I got A-38 and DH got A-40 which I found odd since both of us are booked on the same reservation. I guess someone clicked a box somewhere in cyberspace quicker than me!

I opted to do the EBCI on the return since we are staying over Saturday night 3/20 and returning to Reno on a very early flight on Sunday. I knew that I would not have access to a computer until several hours after the 24 hour check in time so wanted to play it safe. I will report back on the results of EBCI.

Archived