Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

In March there are 4 of us on a cruise. We bought the early bird check in.

We got great ticket prices for Jan. to go see our granddaughter for her 1st birthday. Since it is just the 2 of us we are going to chance checking in at 24 hr. mark!

We don't mind where we sit, just so we are on the plane, but this is a great option it seems for on a cruise.:)

With all the regulations for flying now, if the ship is late, etc. and driving to Orlando for a 12:30 flight, just thought it would save time and any hassle if we didn't get checked in in time for our flight!:)

Don't forget you can also check in using an iTouch or your cell phone if you have internet capabilities on it. I have done this and then just printed out the boarding pass at the airport.

Here's my experience from the last cruise:

Checked in at the 24 hour mark and got B3. Did not do EBCI. There were 12 thru passengers already on the plane.

Flight home purchased EBCI about a week and a half before I flew in for my trip. Ended up with A34.

Has anyone bought the cheapest wanna get away price and then the early boarding option. I understand that the priority is the anytime fare assigned first (which is fair to those who pay more), just trying to figure out the best option.

Also since we usually sit together in a window and seat next would it be horrible to get only one early boarding? Its only a 3 hour flight--not the end of the world id I couldn't save DH a seat.

Did not use the early bird thing but noticed during the boarding procedure that of the first 15 A slots ony one person was standing in that area, this was during the call for the business class(?) passengers.

That's very common. The only times you will see A 1 -- A 15 full of people is during heavy business travel times. Monday mornings, week day afternoons; if you travel on weekends that boarding group is small. So, if you get A 21 you are usually one of the first ten people to board the plane.

Our next SWA flight will be next Sunday and because it's such a short flight (less than 60 minutes) ABQ -- TUC we did not do the Early Bird thing. It is a flight coming in from the midwest somewhere so there will be 10 -- 30 thru passengers, but almost no business people. I'm not expecting a problem.

Kel:)

We are headed to Tucson tomorrow morning. Since this is a very short flight for us, I didn't pick up the early bird thing. I was very surprised when I went online this morning and picked up A-18 and A-19. Either the flight is not full, or there maybe a huge number staying on the plane (coming in from somewhere in the mid-west) from the inbound flight.

Not important to have great seats on a 50 minute flight!:)

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Return Trip:

Tucson -- ABQ today. (11/11) We did not have the early bird and got A -- 28 and A -- 29. Strange thing though; my boarding pass (printed at the airport) did not scan while trying to board the airplane; the guy made me go over to the service counter and get a new boarding pass. By the time I got back, I was with the B-boarding group.

My wife was able to hold middle seat next to her.

Enjoy!

For those of you who have seen this, and perhaps especially from Eemrald--

We chose to get Early Bird for a flight after a cruise, from LAX to Orlando with a plane change in Nashville. The connection in Nashville is only 30 minutes, so we hoped to get seats well forward. With the EB there is also supposed to be a feature of getting to carryon baggage ahead of others, which would help us get off the plane more quickly if things are running late. How does that work, and how is it enforced that non-EB's don't also grab bags and get in our way?

Thanks.

With the EB there is also supposed to be a feature of getting to carryon baggage ahead of others, which would help us get off the plane more quickly if things are running late. How does that work, and how is it enforced that non-EB's don't also grab bags and get in our way?

The WN website says:

EARLIER ACCESS TO OVERHEAD BINS

Got bags? We've got room. By boarding earlier you'll get your pick of available overhead bin space.

So what they are promoting is that by boarding earlier, you will get to put your stuff into bins before the other folks. Nothing about getting your bags off first, or you getting off first or anything of that sort.

If you want to get off the aircraft quickly, take seats near the front, even if middle or window seats or not together. There is NO consideration for EB users in terms of leaving the aircraft other than what they choose for a seat once aboard.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

When I first booked this I guess I misunderstood the phrase "earlier access to overhead bins". We're usually two of the last getting off plans since I don't like to block the aisle getting my carryons when people behind are ready to go forward, but I may have to be a little more assertive if the flight is running a little late (eg., plunking ourselves down in "saved" seats if the issue arises).

DH and I booked EB for PIT to BWI tomorrow, even though it's a very short flight and ended up with A21 & A22. We didn't know how busy it would be on a weekday afternoon and DH has to have an aisle seat and I like to sit across from him. To us it was worth the additional cost:)

Checked in today for our outbound flights - exactly 23 hours and 59 minutes before boarding. Got A44 & A45 for the first leg, A 29 & A30 for the second leg. Paid for EB for the return flights..will post those when we return from the cruise.

Using EB for our return, we got A21 & A22, got on board and got bulkhead seats with an empty middle. We thought we had won the lottery when the gate agent came on the plane and there was still an empty seat between DDP and I...but then they announced that they had a mother and child who needed to sit next to each other, apparently the only other folks sitting with an empty seat refused to give up their seats so DDP did....so much for that $10 doing us any good:(

This EB is new to me.. A few questions.

When you initially book your flights, do you indicate that you want EB? If so, would you get a better number booking at that time rather than sometime later?

Does Southwest send you an e-mail to let you know what row numbers you have?

Returning after your cruise, if you don't check beforehand on line to see what you have, does it matter? In other words, do they issue these and then you can get the row numbers at the airport when you check in?

Thanks

Snowbird

When you initially book your flights, do you indicate that you want EB? If so, would you get a better number booking at that time rather than sometime later?

Returning after your cruise, if you don't check beforehand on line to see what you have, does it matter? In other words, do they issue these and then you can get the row numbers at the airport when you check in?

Thanks

Snowbird

As part of booking your flight you can request EB. I would recommend doing it then. And yes, my understanding is that you would get a better assignment doing it at the time of booking then later.

The assignments are actually made 36 hours before the flight. We just checked the SW site sometime after that and printed out the boarding passes which of course showed the boarding information.

No, you do not need to do anything at all. If you cannot get computer access prior to the flight there is no problem as your early boarding assignment is already taken care for you.

It works perfectly and we were pleased with the assignments.

Keith

Thanks

Snowbird

Snowbird,

You are issued a boarding number, not a row number. If you do early bird you will probably get in the A group and will be one of the first 60 people to board the airplane. Once onboard, it's open seating and you can sit anywhere you please. Most EB people are getting numbers like A-29 (i.e.) -- so A-29 will board before A-36. A-1 through A-15 are reserved for business/late booking individuals -- sometimes there are very few people in this group. Sounds confusing, but it's simple.

If you do EB, you will get good seats onboard.

Have a great trip!

Checked in online for two relatives who had no access to a computer, for their flights tomorrow. At exactly the 24 hour mark, they received A-30 & A-31 for the first flight leg, and A-23 &A-24 for the second.

Obviously, did not use early bird check in.

Archived